BadBoyHaloFan's Helper Application (January 2022)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I have been on the server for almost 2 years :smile:

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I can record 720p 30fps.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yup! I know how to use both Discord and Teamspeak well.

Application

IGN:
BadBoyHaloFan

Timezone:
GMT

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:
Yup!

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):
Helper

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):
WoolWars

How active can you be per week?
At least 2 hours every day between 3pm and 12am (probably longer). And if Iā€™m ever busy I will let you know.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
I believe I have had one mute before where basically I spammed ā€œpogchampā€ to win a challenge for elite rank or something. I donā€™t remember it that much but I believe I just misunderstood the challenge and got a 5 minute mute. I always try my best to not break any rules!

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
I applied for Jmod a couple of seasons ago and was denied because I didnā€™t prove myself to be mature enough. I have learnt from the feedback and I always try to be my best self.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I would say that I am decently well-known in the WoolWars server since I like to vibe there a lot and play games and just have fun! I also talk in the chat a lot with other players and I would like to think that people think of me as a positive and kind person. I always feel welcome there every time I join and I always interact with other players and staff as much as possible and try to get to know them. I am hoping that my reputation is good in the community since I always try and give the best vibes.

I hope that I have proven to people that I am kind and trustworthy.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I have always been interested in helping Munchy in some kind of way because I join it daily and I would say that I am fairly knowledgeable of the server. Iā€™ve also had some players say to me that I would be decent as staff so I have always thought about it. I even like to help players a lot when they have questions about WoolWars or about the server in general because it makes me feel helpful. Also I have learned a lot of things about what being staff is like from @Mddey. He has been extremely encouraging and he got me to be very interested. I also want to help the server as much as I can and try to help players when they have questions or are confused about something.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
I would give myself a 8.5/10. I believe Iā€™m fairly decent at moderating communities and trying to make everyone feel comfortable. I have some experience from discord servers and being a twitch mod so I think Iā€™m pretty decent at solving certain issues and trying to sort out problematic things. I also think I can be good at giving people the correct advice if they have issues with other people and try to come up with solutions to sort it out.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
I would give myself a 7.5/10 on identifying cheaters. I know most of the basic hacks such as:

Reach - when a player can hit from a certain distance that isnā€™t possible usually

Fly - (The most obvious one) When a player is able to fly without the use of a kit or something in game.

KillAura - When a player is able to hit you even when their mouse isnā€™t on the hitbox.

Anti-knockback - When a player doesnā€™t get knocked back at all when they are hit (unless they use anvil kit)

X-Ray - When a player is able to see through blocks to give them advantages in mining (not very common on woolwars though)

I would love to learn a lot more about hacks so that I can have more knowledge.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
I donā€™t currently have any recordings of hackers although I will keep an eye out and try to catch some!

EDIT: I should probably mention that you guys can call me Shayne :smile:

15 Likes

Huge +1 gl shayne

1 Like

+0.75

Some small things you can do is provide some more detail for the written parts of your app. Overall you are a kind and active person. I wish you the best of luck :)

2 Likes

thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

This is weird for me because I remember your first app was one of the first posts I ever read when I joined the forums. Has it really been that long :no_mouth:? Anyway

I like Shayne a lot. Heā€™s known and loved by many players of the woolwars community, and I think he creates a positive atmosphere wherever he goes, something that would serve him well as a helper. I also have observed him become more relaxed in his personality over time, and I really like that about him.

Shayne, if there was one thing I could recommend to you, it would be to become slightly more active. Iā€™ve noticed you online more often than I used to, especially within the past month or so, but I still think itā€™s just a bit low. That being said, I understand that irl things can get in the way, and I would assume that youā€™d become more active if youā€™re accepted.

Shayne has been working towards this position for long time, and I know that if accepted, heā€™ll put forth his absolute best into this server. Good luck Shayne!

6 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! And yes I agree with you I should be a little more active. I will 100% work on that.

3 Likes

+1 YES
I knew Shayne for so long (about 2 years!) and I have never seen him be toxic or act immature towards anyone.
He is mature, nice, reliable, and very trustworthy! I really think he can be a great woolwars helper :)

Good luck Shayne! :heart:

4 Likes

+1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Friendly
  • Helpful
  • Never been toxic
  • Perfect for the role
5 Likes

+1 because coool name, no but fr yes cool name but great app. If I had to say ONE thing that your application may be lacking (itā€™s not too much) but maybe some more detail in some questions.

gl

3 Likes

+1

• Active on the server
  • Mature
  • Helpfull
3 Likes

+1 Shayne is a very kind, helpful, and active member! I think Shayne would be an amazing woolwars helper!
Good luck Shayne!

3 Likes

Shayne is

active

kind

helpful

and badboyhalofan

HUGE +1 GOOD LUCK SHAYNE :DDD

3 Likes

+.75 Definitely should get helper but in my opinion, I think you should be a bit more active.

2 Likes

Yeah I am working on being a little more active dw! :smile: Also I applied for Helper not Jmod btw.

4 Likes

Thank you for the support and feedback!
@Craftifyer
@oTortle
@ZombieBot1
@Mddey
@JimboTheDaddy
@BradyXD
@_Eriko
@ChipperHen
@Falconu
@TheFourFlames

I will 100% work on the advice some of you gave me and I appreciate the support!

2 Likes

+1
Shanye :+1:

2 Likes

Np!!!

1 Like

Good luck shayne! +1!

2 Likes

big big +1
Shayneā€™s perfect for helper :DDDD
gl!!

2 Likes

+1
Shayne (aka BadBoyHaloFan) is a very mature, helpful and active member. Shayne is always nice to other people and they have been working on this position for decent period of time.
I am not sure if his current amount of experience is good enough for applying for jmod, but I think Shayne will be suitable for Helper position as he can learn and gain more experience if he wants to apply for jmod again in the future.

3 Likes