Avilani's Helper Application (Winter 2023)

IGN: Avilani

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

How active can you be per week?
My activity will vary day to day because I don’t have set days off from work each week but on the days I work, I can commit 1-2 hours a day, and on days off I can commit more as needed.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
I was accidentally muted by a staff member once when they went to mute another player. I don’t have any punishments on survival or in the community.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
This is my first application for Helper!

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I would say my overall reputation on survival and the community is good. I welcome new members whenever I can and try to help make the experience enjoyable for all players. I’ve hosted mini events (my favorite being the Easter Egg Hunt or Hide N’ Seek) on survival and try to participate in other player’s events to share meaningful experiences with other players. I actively participate in the forums and Discord, commenting on posts/threads and giving feedback where I can. I report issues and troublesome players when necessary and try to provide as much proof as possible (usually through the Discord). I have also branched out to Prison for map 10 to see another part of the community, and I have been building a good reputation there too.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I’ve always had an inclination to be involved at a deeper level with the communities I’ve joined. Quite frankly, I won’t join a community unless I connect really well with the players, and Munchy, especially survival, has fostered a very welcoming environment compared to other servers I’ve tried. I enjoy helping people and working with them to improve the community, which as a Helper, I can be a resource for players to further improve their experience.

I am a level headed person that doesn’t get frustrated when faced with stressful situations. I treat others fairly and know how to work with people to find the best resolution to issues.
My overall experience in moderation, outlook on the community, and friends I’ve met along the way are what made me interested in this role and motivated me to apply for Helper.

Do you have any experience with moderating communities such as Minecraft servers or other leadership roles? If so, please briefly detail it.
I have experience moderating on several gaming communities and platforms, including Minecraft.

I am currently Leadership Staff (Community Manager) for a relatively large Discord server (over 40k members). My responsibilities include planning and executing the events we host during our main event (a week long event in May), the Minecraft Team, and general community relations. We host a public Minecraft server for our community for part of the year annually, and I am in charge of managing our co-leaders, development team, build team/events, and serve as a moderator (operator). As mentioned, because this community is focused on one yearly event, it does not take up a lot of my time, even with the Minecraft server staying open longer than the event.

I have other prior moderation experience as well. I was a:

• Senior Manager and Website Administrator for a large-scale gaming community that shut down several years ago (there were 24 servers with hundreds of active players and staff I oversaw as management).
  • I was an Admin and Discord Admin for a relatively large gaming community (I helped with forums, Discord, and two of their game servers, among other projects).
  • I served in other moderator/management positions for some smaller servers and friend hosted communities too.

I handled tasks such as moderating chat and game play, handling reports and bans, staff applications and training, created rules and staff guidelines, and some small development work through these various staff positions. These positions have helped to develop my people management skills and leadership skills, which would benefit me as a Helper.

Thank you for taking the time to read this application! If you have questions or feedback, please share down below and I’ll respond as I can!

17 Likes

1st! Hahaha >:D
I don’t know Avi that well, but every interaction with them has been pleasant! I see them around on survival and prison, and they are always kind to others!
Based off your application, I think you’d do awesome as a helper avi!
+1

4 Likes

+.90. I never see you on or interact much but I’m impressed by the management you have with other servers

3 Likes

Avilani consistently demonstrates exceptional dedication, expertise, and a genuine passion for fostering a positive and enjoyable gaming environment. In my experience, she has proven to be a reliable and responsible player who goes above and beyond to assist others. Their knowledge of the server, coupled with a friendly and approachable demeanor, makes them an ideal candidate for a staff position in my opinion.

Good luck, +1

4 Likes

Very obvious +1

4 Likes

Big +1

avi is super active, has a big sweet heart, and always helps out, plus super cool. Good luck ^^

5 Likes

+1!!! avi is wonderful, and gave me a potato

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for the support so far, it really means a lot ^^

4 Likes

+1

Avi has always been an kind person and an active player. :heart:

5 Likes

Gl Avilani, can say Avis super kind and helpful to the community, would make a great helper !

4 Likes

+1 shes very chill and always helping everyone

5 Likes

Very true

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind comments and support ^^

3 Likes

Gl avilani

4 Likes

+1

Avi has a super detailed application. From all my interactions with her, she had demonstrated a high level of maturity, and she is a very friendly and helpful member of the community.

Best of luck! :heart:

4 Likes

+1 Avi is both mature and fun, calm and charismatic. She’s active and she has great communication skills. Avi’s lovely :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you both for the feedback and I appreciate your comments ^^

5 Likes

Thank you for applying, Avi!

We think you would be a great addition to our team. Please reach out to me!

16 Likes

Grats :tada:

4 Likes

Congratulations Avi! You’ll do wonderful as a staff member :heart:

5 Likes