Autumn Crate Gadget Ideas!

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚Autumn Crate Gadget Ideas˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Hey everyone, since my last post on summer crate ideas was pretty well-received (some of the ideas actually became real items!) I’ve decided to do another one for Autumn/Fall season themed gadgets! :fallen_leaf: We’re also moving into Spooktober :skull: so there’ll be some Halloween stuff too. :jack_o_lantern:

This time around, I collaborated with the lovely drgnfruits and the epic @faehries to come up with these ideas! Once again, please feel free to comment and let us know what’s cool and uncool, or any ideas of your own! :star_struck:

Thanksgiving Turkey

• Enchanted cooked chicken that provides a never-ending food source! However, it only fills up one hunger per use.

Halloween Mask

• Skeleton skull, crouch while wearing for 2 minutes of invisibility (including the skull)! Useful for PvP or a spooky surprise!

Farmer’s Lead

• Enchanted lead that can attach to up to 5 animals at once!

Witch’s Potion

• Infinite splash potion you can throw for random negative effects (e.g. slowness, weakness, nausea), with a 1 minute cooldown between throws.

Cozy Lantern

• Enchanted lantern, gives Night Vision for 2 minutes when right-clicked. Cooldown of 5 minutes between uses.

Hocus Pocus

• Black candle, right-click a PvP-enabled player to spawn 3 hostile Witches for 20 seconds.

Propeller Hat

• Yellow leather hat, crouch to give Levitation for 10 seconds, with a short cooldown in-between uses.

All Hallows’ Eve

• Enchanted book, right-click a PvP-enabled player to spawn 2-3 hostile Vexes for 20 seconds.

Halloween Candy

• Enchanted amethyst shard, when right-clicked spawns 1-2 cookies, cake, bread, and/or pumpkin pie in inventory (like a /kit for treats!)

Wizard’s Wand

• Enchanted blaze rod, when right-clicked, teleports you 100 blocks in a random direction, with a 30 second cooldown.

Beanie, Sweater, Thermal Pants, and Boots

• Enchanted leather armour, shifts between red, orange, and yellow
  • Crouch to give all the effects of an Enchanted Golden Apple, with 10 minutes cooldown between each use.

Samhain’s Bow

• Unbreakable bow enchanted with Punch I and Flame II

CD Player / Magic Disc

• Enchanted disc, plays a random disc song when right-clicked (alternatively, plays a random disc song when inserted into a jukebox)

Thanks for taking the time to read our ideas! I’m super keen to hear about any ideas you guys have as well!
– kamidrgn :dizzy::dragon:

18 Likes

i love this one :O

6 Likes

These are some really great ideas and I like how you guys thought of how to make it balanced as well so that they’re not so OP :purple_heart:

5 Likes

well I guess I didnt need to collect all the discs huh

good post though
good ideas

4 Likes

Not sure how I like the idea of a crate item mimicking a rank perk

i feel like this could be used to get into private areas?

Other than them i love these ideas, and if anyone else wants to come up with ideas I’d love to see more Irish influence :eyes:

4 Likes

love all your ideas! i don’t think it’s too outrageous to have this as a maxed out vanilla bow: power 5, punch 2, flame 2 (maybe infinity). since power 6 bows are fairly easy to come by <3

4 Likes

I love these items so much!!! <3 Hope to see some added eventually!

3 Likes

yes

5 Likes

i like how it went from mythology crate items to straight up seasonal themed items this season

names aside, these ideas are cool as hell nice job :heart:

the only somewhat op one is the Thanksgiving Turkey, but to be fair they can just make it so it’s harder to obtain if added.

3 Likes

OMG so many ideas, can’t wait for the new crates. Also thanks for putting all the time in to think of these Kami, Drgnfruits and Fae. IK that takes a lot of brainstorming time.

Here are some of my thoughts on the proposed items:

[DISCLAIMER: Some of these may be very off the mark, or I could be missing things entirely. This isn’t meant to be a super thought-out refutation of any of your ideas, this is just what came to mind thinking about the items, feel free to criticize!]

• Thanksgiving Turkey: Great idea, but I’d allow it to count for the standard food points that cooked chicken usually gives, just because with how easy food is to get on the server with things like community farms and /kit, it doesn’t really need that nerf in my opinion.

• Spooky Skull: If you mean standard invis where its just the player gone and all armor visible, 2 minutes long wouldn’t be bad at all especially with a cooldown, but I don’t see the use. If you mean to hide all armor including the skull, please no. If that were the case you would need to make the ability something closer to Ninja kits length, just because being entirely invis is extremely OP. A middle ground if you want the ability to last longer would be to make it similar to the Vold skull from prison last map, which would make the wearer and their armor entirely invisible, all except for the skull itself. So maybe something like that, but it’s passive? IDK just thoughts.

• Farmer’s Lead: No issues with it, I personally wouldn’t use it, since having an anet renders it useless, but I don’t see any harm in it. Maybe give it a very common drop chance so people have this as an option over anets in-game? Also if possible, make it so it can’t break and leave the animals, so its easier to fly with them.

• Witch’s Potion: +1, the randomness of the affect your opponent gets balances this nicely along with the cooldown.

• Cozy Lantern: Because permanent night vision is a ranked perk, I think that having this item would be nice, but it doesn’t need a cooldown. Just require it to be in the owner’s hotbar for it to function.

• Hocus Pocus: Not a bad idea, but maybe make it 3 random hostile mobs, since three witches consistently mean your opponent has a chance to get weakness, slowness, and poison all at once, which is very hard to combat if they run out of milk.

• Propeller Hat: +1, as long as it’s one of the more common items, this would be very fun for people.

• All Hallow’s Eve: This would be a fine item to have, but I’d be worried about it and the Hocus Pokus being used in unison. Imo, I think there should only be one item like this, and the cooldown should also be opponent specific so that incase someone gets fought by multiple people, they only have to fight one ability use per cooldown time-increment.

• Halloween Candy: Sounds wholesome and without issues, maybe add an option to give it to other people? Kinda fits with the theme of giving and receiving treats on Halloween.

• Wizard’s Wand: Randomizing the direction is a good balance here, but 100 blocks is a pretty big distance if you trying to fight someone. Maybe make it something like 25? That way it would still give them time to drink a pot or eat a gap or whatever they need to do, but doesn’t stop fights entirely.

• Armour set: Nothing wrong with this, but obviously since protection levels don’t match netherite, it won’t be used for PVP, and I don’t think making a PVP meta that involves switching armor pieces all the time would be very enjoyable for survival. If it’s not meant as a PVP item, it definetely doesn’t harm anything, I just don’t see it being particularly usefull I guess.

• Samhain’s Bow: As it is described currently, a buff would probably be good for it. But if you buffed with infinity, bowspam would never stop since it doesn’t lose durability. If you gave it maxed vanilla enchants like aph said plus the flame 2, that would be an option. Another option would be to add something like a right-click ability, maybe a special arrow like a bomb arrow that does explosive damage and gives the spectral glow affect to all players damaged? Cooldown would have to be significant though, maybe 90 seconds.

• CD Player: +1+1+1+1+1, just remove that awful scratchy sounding one from the random selections so people can’t use it to annoy people too too much.

4 Likes

Ooooo thanks guys for all your responses so far! :sparkles:

2 Likes

That’s true! Abit of an upgrade would maybe make it more crate-worthy xD

2 Likes

CUTE

2 Likes

Oooo these are some really good suggestions, it’s good to have someone with more PvP experience weigh-in on it! :grin:

I really like your suggestion for the Halloween Mask being like a Vold skull, hiding armour but leaving the head is a cool idea. Same for the Cozy Lantern and adding a special ability to the Bow, both could be very epic :fire:

For the Wizard’s Wand, I envisioned it more as a transport item, say in the Nether, or if you wanted to move around a biome rather than between biomes with /rtp. But using it for PvP is also a funky idea :shockedconk:

Thanks for putting in the time to give your thoughts on all the items :catbug_pleading:

3 Likes

Oooo gotcha, then maybe just have the wand disable when PVP is toggled, cause being able to TP that far while fighting is very annoying, especially with that much frequency.

3 Likes

For the record, I just came up with some good names (mythology-wise) for these gadgets if they were to be added. Not that I am saying they are gonna be added however. Just thought I should give some cool input. I also might give some feedback and changes that might be cool to make the gadgets stand out more >:)

Thanksgiving Turkey

This is one of my favorites at the time of writing this, and I think this one is very neat. The only thing I could possibly contribute, is maybe adding a cooldown, so if someone can click like 12 times a second, they don’t just get full health in a instant. Yes, it might be tedious, but if you make it the normal amount of time to eat normally, and the amount of hunger it replenishes, it might make it more like a infinite food source. To be honest, I’d like the rarity to obtain this in the range of rare-epic, because it would make farms for food go to shambles, and make the food economy plummet on the server.

Anyways, if I were to make this name more mythology sided, it would be this:

Infinte Ambrosia/Nectar

Necessarily if the item were to have this name, I’d like the item to be a enchanted Honey bottle, since it is to be believed that ambrosia/nectar were types of honey. However if the name is to be Thanksgiving Turkey, it does make more sense to be a enchanted cooked chicken.

Moving on, we have:

Halloween Mask

I like the idea of this item, it’s cool as hell. Probably would be one of my favorites alongside the Thanksgiving Turkey. I think personally if it was perm invisibility, it’d be OP as hell, but I mean, that’d make it even cooler. Especially since it’s nothing compared to other items that have effects on them. The only issue is that it will have to have particles definitely, or something to make it identifiable. Maybe something cool like a glowing effect when used (instead of showing the helmet,) but that might make earning glowing effects kind of useless. Anyways, before I ramble to long, if I were to make this name more mythology sided, it would be:

Cap of invisibility/Cap of Hades/Helm of Hades

To be honest, I feel bad about only using Greek mythology for namesakes, but the season’s theme is Greek-themed. Looking ahead of myself, I like that you used a bit of Irish mythology too. :> Continuing about the Halloween Mask, if the name were to be changed, it would be cool to have it as a enchanted Iron helmet, seeing as that would be in line with something I used as a reference image, (Cellini’s Perseus with the Head of Medusa, which is used as the image on Wikipedia for the Cap of invisibility as well.) instead of something like a neon orange leather helmet. Anyways, moving on.

I just realized I spent a hour writing this, and I don’t want to do much more, so I’ll just casually go over one last one for the fun of it.

CD Player / Magic Disc

I don’t have much of a issue with this idea. However it kind of ruins the point of collecting all of the discs. However if it was client-sided, that would be way more cooler imo. Even though it doesn’t make much sense in Mythology, I think I found a cool name for this.

Phony Walkman

I am trying to reference the Sony Walkman here, but the first result when searching “what rhymes with sony” is phony, and so I’m sticking with that because it is a very ‘clever’ you could put it, name.

Anyways, I would go into more in-depth with the other ideas here, but I don’t want to be spending hours of my time trying to come up with clever renames. Apologies for not doing that. Nonetheless, I hope I gave some good feedback. Personally, I wouldn’t mind if the upcoming Autumn and Winter crate gadgets were not Greek mythology, or mythology at least related. However that doesn’t mean I would dislike more Greek mythology/mythology related gadgets. Regardless, have a good day or else, I will steal your pillows and blankets.

:heart:

3 Likes

Omg thanks for all the input! I like the word ambrosia, that would be an epic name if they go for Greek-themed items again!

That bit is all @faehries our resident leprechaun xD

Omg honestly I really wanted to call it the Walkman or MP3 player but I was afraid the younguns wouldn’t get it LOL

2 Likes

I would’ve called the CD Player directly the Sony Walkman if I knew how copyright law worked more (which I don’t have interest into anyways. [Not like copyright law is a big deal, necessarily it is just a item in a video game server after all.])

Your welcome for the names, as I felt as if this post was a little lacking in clever names. I was going to rush out a reply to this as soon as I had saw this anyways.

To be honest, if you straight out called the CD Player item in name as just a MP3 player, that would be a waste of a clever name, but I do understand the thought.

Regardless, I am happy that you are thanking me, and I say your welcome. I am glad my input was helpful and useful in some way or another. It wouldn’t be here if you hadn’t made your wonderful topic.

Nonetheless, thanks for reading! :heart:

:heart:

2 Likes