Atterax's Staff Application

Atterax’s Staff Application

September 1834

Prerequisite checklist

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I first joined Munchy in November of 1831 and started being active on the server regularly from around mid 1833.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I use OBS/Shadowplay to record in 1080p/60fps.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yes, I have both TS3 and Discord and know how to use them.

Application

IGN: Atterax

Timezone: Eastern Time

Languages spoken: English

Server(s) you are interested in moderating:
I’m mainly interested in moderating KitPvP as that’s the server I’ve been most active on, but since Kit has a good amount of staff members (and applicants) already I would also like to help moderate Woolwars if possible.

How active can you be per week?
My IRL workload is pretty random but my active hours are usually between 11am and 7pm. Here’s how active I can be during that time on most days:

• Monday-Thursay: 3-5 hours a day.
  • Friday-Sunday: 3-7 hours a day.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
In recent/relevant memory I’ve mostly had a bunch of mutes, soft-kicks, and temp-bans that were jokes from staff members. Though in my earlier days on the server I had been console muted a couple times for spam. Also Callahan had muted me for an hour a while ago during one of BadBoyHalo’s streams (I think I asked him an annoying question :upside_down_face:).

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
I have not applied for staff before.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I like to think I have a pretty positive reputation in this community. I’m fairly active in-game, on discord, and on the forums, though admittedly I don’t join the TeamSpeak often because I haven’t really found much to do there. On every gamemode and platform I’m active in I’ve always tried my best to be a kind and helpful person to everyone I interact with whenever I could. I’ve also had the privilege of contributing to the KitPvP community as an Event Member for a little over 5 months now and have just recently gained the position of Forum Moderator, so some players and staff might know me well for those things.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
One thing that both made me interested in the role and motivated me to apply is that (as I stated in my Event application) I want to give back to this fantastic community for all the great experiences the server, its players, and its staff have given me and helping to keep the server as positive, cheat-free, and fun as I can would be a good way to do that.
Another of my motivations was the occasional unfortunate instances of people harassing others that I’ve been able to do almost nothing about, with no moderators or helpers online/not afk, not enough evidence to screenshot and report, and no one to warn them who they would be inclined to listen to. Kind of related to that, I want to help get to reports as fast as possible to decrease the amount of time players have to deal with these situations and others such as cheaters, PM offenders, or other rule breakers before something can be done about them.

In conclusion the main reason I want to apply for this position is my love for the server and its community, and my desire to help it however I can.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
I would give myself about a 7/10 for my knowledge on moderation. I have a pretty decent understanding of what needs to be done with chat offenders (in-game and otherwise) as well as in-game cheaters, though the -3 points would be for all that goes on behind the scenes that I haven’t become aware of due to lack of experience. My experience is quite limited as I have only ever moderated some discord communities and never moderated in-game or with an anticheat, though anything that I need to know I would gladly and quickly learn it.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
8/10, I’ve done my fair share of learning and research throughout my time playing Minecraft on what type of hacks/cheats there are and how to detect them. Though as I’ve stated I don’t have much experience with it, so nothing is certain and there’s always room to learn more, and I’d be happy to do so.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

^This player was dealt with by Platinumxo before I had to upload the video.

^Not sure what to think of this one, it was dismissed because the player could’ve been lagging (which they weren’t, as they had 40ms [20ms /ping]) but they were later banned for cheating.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, any and all feedback is welcome. Best of luck to everyone else applying! :smile:
-Atterax

29 Likes

+1
Good guy, nice and fun deserves staff

2 Likes

+1 yessir! Great guy and super nice.

1 Like

+1
(Atterax,I didn’t know you were gonna apply :).)

• Is an amazing event team member.
  • Is mature and friendly in game.
  • Is helpful.
  • Has a great application.
  • Makes sure everyone enjoys the game.
  • Has helped with reporting hackers.
  • Knows how to handle stressful situations calmly and professionally.
  • Overall an amazing applicant for this season.

Good Luck keed.

4 Likes

+1, basically everything drake just said

1 Like

Amazing application. You’re securing all corners of the server, eh?
+1000001 incredible guy, he isn’t mod yet?

1 Like

+100 amazing in all aspects of the server!

1 Like

+1000000000000000000

2 Likes

Hello,
You are friendly, approachable, never toxic, and you have a legendary application. There is one thing that I noticed, however. Your activity started to decrease about 2 weeks ago. My guess is school, but hey, school > minecraft.

+82602

6 Likes

+1, literally the best event member
yes.

2 Likes

None taken.

3 Likes

+1
I believe you can become a staff!
-SpazeMain

1 Like

+1 big yes hope you get staff!!! You’re so active and friendly with everyone and you deserve it so much! Good luck Atterax!

BEST APPLICANT BY FAR!

1 Like

Thank you all very much! :heart:

8 Likes

+1
what drake said

2 Likes

+1 istg if u don’t get accepted…

2 Likes

+a large number
Although I don’t know you personally, you’ve always been very nice in woolwars, and a really mature person.
Best of luck!

2 Likes

+1
Great guy and really chill.
Removed my post once tho.

2 Likes

Like 82 said you are not active that much anymore but a good player and helpful
+1 Sincerely KillingKiller77

1 Like

Yeah I definitely haven’t been able to get online at the same times anymore since school and other activities started, I think I’ll still be able to manage the 3-5+ hours most of the time though. Thanks for the feedback wullys. :smiley:

And thank you Miny, Shrek, Emu, and Shwul!

5 Likes