Any suggestions for my savannah reboot map for WoolWars?

Here is some pictures:

I’m looking forward to any ideas!

7 Likes

1+ WOAH thIS LOOKS GOOD

2 Likes

this makes it more unique

2 Likes

1+, the shape is good, I really do like the map, hope to see more in future.

-Edit: just saw that you have many sandstone blocks, replace it with something else, because of this +0 :)

1 Like

The hot air balloon stands out a little to much in my opinion. I think an old school propeller plane would look really nice. Great built can’t wait to play on it.

2 Likes

Make the sandstone into slabs so it won’t kill you instantly. But overall it’s a good looking map

2 Likes

Any block of sandstone will instantly kill you if you step on it, so I would replace it with either regular sand, or sandstone slabs. I really like the look of this map!

2 Likes

For all of the people asking for replacement of sandstone, YES they are slabs! I was thinking about this for a while, and I decided to do it. My old idea was not that good!

Thanks! Will implement later!

Really good looking map, great work!

Making a WoolWars Map - Server Discussions / Feedback / WoolWars - MunchyMC Forums also check this might help building the map

This is amazing you should apply for builder!

Although I do think [@Craykos] they are pretty decent builder in this sense, I don’t think they should apply until they got more builds on their belt, alongside some “faux” KitPVP or SG maps, because those would be a good representation of what builds would be good to have under your belt to be on the Build Team on this network.

Disregarding the man above me, I think the map is pretty alright right now, I’d use another block instead of sandstone/sandstone slabs because that would be very worrying for several players, because some maps use sandstone as a weapon/obstacle rather than decoration I’d say, for instance Experiment.

Try using some other blocks than sand for the floor, add a roof, try to mix up the background with more than one block type, you don’t have to place the end portal frames, (although you can if you really want some there, I can’t tell based on the two screenshots to judge which is the case) I’d recommend covering the glow stone with carpets, although you don’t have to do that, it’d make the floor looks more cohesive in my opinion, and perhaps try blending together the “Dark Oak*” (*What I assume to be Dark Oak) logs with Spruce, and perhaps some other dark brown blocks.

TL;DR: Too much sand and sandstone slabs, improve on the surfaces, and we’ll see where we go from there.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback, it’s very coherent and I will get to working on the map quickly! Opening Minecraft as I’m writing this.

1 Like

Yeah I agree thinking about it actually!

With the implementation of your suggestions (And a ton of help from @Beelzebeel!), I think my map looks better now! Further suggestions are open to be asked about!

Sandstone is now Gone.

(Well, except for some edges of the map but that’s okay! It’s smooth sandstone.)

2 Likes

Should I submit my map?
Y/N

Awesome map!