Another nerf glider post yay :D

Another nerf glider post yay :D

Yeah, I know… Posts like these have been made a million times but as far as the community is concerned, no action has been taken yet.

Lemme start of with me not giving this post a ‘‘discussion’’ tag, well, I dont want this to be a post where there are discussions in the comments which turn into a ‘fight’ (although this is part of a discussion). So please, dont attack each other in the comments as seen in almost every glider nerf post. (Also, dont take ANYTHING personal, cause it’s not directed to you, but the kit itself.)

Glider has been nerfed and buffed multiple times but it didn’t quite work as expected, with almost every nerf there is something unintended added to glider, this includes stacking up way faster than usual, bhopping and the cooldown is broken.

‘‘Bouncy is as overpowered as Glider’’ interesting statement, let’s see the abilities (intended and unintended) of both kits and see if that perspective of both kits changed or not.

Bouncy:

• Jumps 1 block higher than usual (Jump Boost II)
  • Gets away from situations faster than usual by jumping
  • Slight reduced fall damage
  • Wall runs faster due to jump boost II

Glider :

• Stacks up faster
  • Significantly reduced fall damage
  • Bhop-ish jump thing
  • Gets away faster by flying
  • Taking less knockback
  • Getting to the other side of the map in seconds
  • Being able to eat gaps, throw pots and using a bow while flying.

From own experience and alot of other players, it could be very frustrating to fight a glider player cause the majority of glider players keep flying away. Sometimes it seems like they dont wanna fight you or annoy you in any way possible. (Dont take this as a personal to any glider players out there. I dont wanna be cancelled… please…?)
I’ve talked to some players who all use different kits, (including glider) and they all admit glider is too overpowered and should be nerfed as soon as possible. Yeah, even glider players admit that their kit is overpowered but they dont want it nerfed cause it’ll ‘‘ruin my fun and my experience of woolwars’’ said a glider player I’ve had a conversation with in a game.

At the end, if you look at the abilities glider has, it should be nerfed again. It’s by far the most OP kit in the game with way too much abilities than it should have. And if it gets nerfed again, please test the kit so it doesnt have more unintended things added like stacking up faster, bhopping and taking less knockback.
Admins and developers, please do something about this situation and maybe clear it up a bit.

Again, please please please dont start ‘fights’ in the comments cause I wanna avoid that on a glider post for once, let’s just be peaceful :]

Click or dont

Also dont cancel me please, ty :)

18 Likes

-1 inactive

3 Likes

+1 glider needs a nerf

Although you forgot a lot of stuff with bouncy:

• Wall runs dumbly fast
  • If its below you or above you, you cant escape it

Overall I agree

6 Likes

+1
You can abuse Glider when you have experience in the game and if you have knowledge about how to use this kit.
I don’t think it’s necessary to remove the kit from the game, it just needs a good nerf.

• Remove the fast stack up (this is a Bouncy thing/potion)
  • Remove Bhop kinda ish thing (this is a Speedster thing/potion)
4 Likes

Please cancel this man. He presented too many good points :-1:

5 Likes

+1
Actually though, after playing in an event where the dominant kit was bouncy it is clear that bouncy is extremely good at being able to escape situations quickly.
The difference for me is with bouncy you have to be pretty careful and skilled to be able to run forever. With glider you’re able to tower up 10 blocks, hold shift, and also run forever.
I’ve had to game end myself multiple times because I didn’t feel like chasing a glider around for 10 minutes, and then eventually falling and dying to myself.

I agree with what has already been said.
Remove the BHop ability. The easiest way to do this is to switch it back to an item, which wouldn’t completely eliminate it, but would make you have to be a lot more skilled to do it well.
The fast stacking could also be fixed by switching it to an item.

These are just some ideas of mine, and I’m always open to hearing anyone’s point of view out.

6 Likes

+1 active.

1 Like

+1
Despite all of the nerfs in the past, glider is still stupidly overpowered and overshadows pretty much every kit. If you can’t kill somebody using it before they have the chance to glide away, the game is going to be a nightmare for you, and there’s no reliable way to get around the map as fast as them. Either change glider again or buff other kits so we have a good counter for it.

5 Likes

yes pls

I will donate my left kidney to make this happen

6 Likes

+1
Absolutely. Glider is by far the most overpowered and annoying kit in the game. I’ve had so many interactions with gliders where they just glide away after I hit them.
Please add something like you can’t glide for atleast 2 seconds after being hit.

3 Likes

+1 agree

A few more thinks that I think could help. Not necessarily all of these should be implemented at once, just throwing things out there.

• Poison potions should count as damage that stops gliding

• Reduce or even get rid of the reduced fall damage. It’s already easy to cobweb/water as glider, they don’t need reduced fall damage to help

• the three second ability cool down should be a thing whether or not you’re gliding. Not only would this make it harder to run away, but it would also remove some of the brainless “glide at your enemy while taking 0 kb and knocking them dead instantly” mindset

Again I think it will take a lot of thinking to effectively nerf glider, but you definitely presented the facts in a levelheaded way and it’s clear that you made an effort to not offend anyone.

4 Likes

+1 Glider needs a nerf but not a big nerf.( like fast stacking up and b hoping)

I wish to give my idea for Glider which I’ve given many times, but I’ll say it again…
Glider should go back to it’s old nerfed form (The D Tier form it was in before it was changed to what it is now). It should use the glider item, it should have a 3 second cool down when they’re hit by another player (not just when gliding but no matter what), and should be disabled when they have a chest opened, even when holding the item.

Even the extra speed that the old nerfed glider had with the feather wouldn’t be a big deal since it would be disabled in combat anyway.

This is my personal opinion for the kit, though it would prevent the kit from running away when it’s hit, would prevent the fast stacking that is made possible by the sneaking method, would make it way more risky to get chests in the middle of the map, would make it harder for players to use Web & Water in certain scenarios, and would make it impossible to use the “B-hop” trick with glider in combat since getting hit would disable the kit’s ability for 3 seconds.

It would still be useful because it would still have the speed that the old glider did with the item to get around & would still be able to glide to get to different areas if you notice someone going after you before they’re able to get to you.

5 Likes

yeah but what kind of nerf do you want lol, i agree the kit needs a nerf but how, all the points you’ve brought up have been mostly addressed (yes glider is getting nerfed) but if you are going to make a post saying glider needs a nerf you should say how it should be nerfed, like @uPlazma did

Literally everybody: Running is gliders biggest problem, also everybody: bring back the part of the kit that lets you run like 2x faster

I’ve made many suggestions for glider nerfs in the past and ill leave you guys with this, glider takes way too little fall damage. Thats the biggest problem. if you want to run it would take a 44 block fall to kill you on full health (even more if you gapple)

Theres a lot of drama surrounding glider kit and honestly im tired of it. it seems as though our only two options are to make the kit OP or nerf it to the ground. :(

2 Likes

Another thought, maybe we could buff other kits as well, 70%+ of the kits in the game are barely viable at all. It was even worse in 2019 (at least now we have vast ninja and healer) but there are so many kits that need serious reworks and buffs. and i honestly feel like thats more important because you shouldnt only have the choice of glider or bouncy. this argument has been going on for over 2 years (seriously bruh) and honestly im tired of saying the same thing every time these are posted.

My personal opinion, if a kit renders another kit completely useless it should be nerfed, (similar to vast being nerfed)

Also glider cant bhop on people anymore, you all say glider lets you bhop but nobody seems to remember what it once was, where you could legit bhop on people if your aim was good enough. (i have clips of how bad it was if anybody wants to see)

3 Likes

I really agree with this post, especially this part.

The kit seems outright unfair and should be nerfed, +1 from me.

2 Likes

The item would allow you to go faster… until someone hit you in PvP, unlike speedster, It doesn’t go faster to the sides or backwords, it doesn’t allow easy strafing, and it would stun as soon as someone hit you so you wouldn’t be able to use the speed while in combat, while w/ speedster, you’d be able to use your extra speed to gain more KB. Honestly with the kit disabling no matter when you would be hit, the speed wouldn’t be an issue imo lol, since it can only be used when you’re not actively in combat with someone

The speed is actually important w/ my idea because a slow glider with an “All the time stun” would actually make the kit less useful & viable, not giving equal it footing with Bouncy

1 Like