An Idea That Won't Leave My Mind

Whenever i go onto the forums, I always see at least one new post that doesn’t really have to do with the server. I really love seeing posts like this though because it’s just fun! My most recent post is an example of this. It doesn’t really have anything to do with the server despite having “MunchyMC” in the title, but is obviously still accepted in the forums.

Now, when im replying or reading posts that aren’t really about the server at all, I think to myself “it would be so cool if Munchy had its own social media type thing”. Imagine that! If MunchyMC had a social media type of app or webiste. IT WOULD BE SICK!

Obviously this idea is so crazy and probably VERY hard to make, so don’t treat this like an actual idea post. (unless some developers think it could be possible :eyes:) LOL

Like I said, this is such a non-realistic idea, but just think about cool this would be lol. If I were to create a social media type of website or app for Munchy I would probably make it so it would be connected to the actual MunchyMC website so that player stats and such would be seen on the social media web or app. It would be a place where you could post almost anything to share stuff with the entire server without having to worry about it getting taken down or the post being closed because of irrelevancy or something. It could also be a good thing for Munchy’s Media members and other content creators to advertise or share things for their channels!

Tons of other ideas are coming to mind and do every time this social media idea pops up into my brain, but this post is already getting so long I doubt most of you are even reading this sentence right now :skull:.

Overall, I think if this did ever happen, it would help the forums stay as a website specifically about the server like most forums websites are, while our less important “fun” posts could be safely and freely posted somewhere else.

4 Likes

Pretty sure the discord is already this but v cool idea

Gives @cheater another job to do lol

1 Like

Thats exactly right. When I look at other forums for other things though, most if not all are strictly for whatever they are for. That could be another Minecraft server, or anything else.

I don’t disagree with allowing as I call them “fun” posts though, because it makes the forums more interesting. MunchyMC as a whole is very unique in a great way compared to other Minecraft servers, and so why not let the forums be the same way? But I still think having a separate website or something would be awesome because you could do more with it.

idk y but i find this idea super fun :sweat_smile:

EDIT: just noticed u said Discord not forums lol

But even with the discord, most people aren’t gonna even care to look at what you posted because of it being more of a chatting platform. And the only people who can post something in a channel where no one can type and ruin what you posted are the people higherup on the staff team or people incharge of the discord server

3 Likes

I like the general idea, although I think it would be simpler to either have MunchyMC communities on social media platforms that are more active and/or an app to use the forums on.

I feel like making a social media app for a minecraft server may be too much effort for something that might not be entirely useful or wanted by the community, but anything can happen.

1 Like

Mhmmm. It munchy happened to have its own social media, of course I’d be grinding it. But the hype of it might just fade overtime. I mean, that’s a cool idea but wasting a lot of energy for a social media that we aren’t totally sure it’s gonna work as planned might be risky.

The MunchyMC forum is a place to discuss about munchy, having off-topics posts is fine sometimes but that’s not the best place to do so, which is why we have discord and to be fair, the discord do be pretty cool.

1 Like

Isn’t it already it though? From my perspective, I often see stuff that are related to munchy such as screenshots, informations, updates etc. You could encounter some funny posts but I don’t think that they are that many and if they are really off topics, they just get closed in order make other interesting ones more visible!

1 Like

That’s a thing already

2 Likes

Then we probably wouldn’t need a social media app right?