An helper idea for purgatory

There Are plenty of banned players in purgatory that either do not know how to appeal or how to get unbanned.These players need help from other players to figure out how to work or appeal.So i was thinking there should be a role in purgatory which is basicly Helper tag but in purgatory and cyan colored.This player would help banned players and tell them how to work for an unban,appeal,give them information about their ban and try to communicate with them.

I already know that there will be some people in the replies like :This is completely useless because we dont need a role to help people, but the past days ive played on purgatory i havent seen any people helping the poor banned people.Most of the people in purgatory are ‘‘Trolls’’ and expect that every player there was banned for cheating or ‘‘hacking’’ when there are people that couldve gotten falsely banned from an example:Game crash which caused the anticheat to ban them or an Internet problem which has caused a player which is clicking around 13cps.Because of the bad internet the hits arent registering yet and the player keeps hitting ‘‘Dummy’’ here and suddenly all the hits register at the same time and the player gets banned for autoclicking.Ive seen a helper on purgatory twice while been on purgatory and one of them was there for about 30 seconds

The player that has this role would have the same perms as a helper but would not have build perms,couldnt have access to creative mode and would have access to /fly and wouldnt be invisible while still being able to teleport to players,but not able to use troll tools.This rank would only show up on purgatory and not on other servers for example :woolwars and kit.This player would also report cheaters and bug abusers in purgatory and see a list of moderators online to msg them if a players cheating.Rank id would be purgatoryhelper.

Ive seen multiple people ask “Why am i banned?”.Then ive talked to them and asked some questions about their ban for example “Was it an Ares ban or a manual ban by a moderator” and then explained about what is Ares.Then ive put some more research on the players ban and findout if they were lying or telling the truth.Most people on purgatory are liars but there are some honest people ive met that have a great chance of gettin an unban if they appeal.

My best tip for you if you are banned i :Be honest,dont lie.

What it would look like in purgatory like the Banned or Adventurer tag

What it would look like in tab at purgatory
2021-05-30_21.08.24

I respect everyones opinion in the replies

-Greenite

edit:Keep in mind the pictures are just for an example!
Edit:more info
Edit:more info

1 Like

For banned players there are signs at spawn, and a Banned Book with information they will need (Like where to appeal) Also, there already is a helper rank on munchy.
I personally don’t see a need for this as anyone can help with or without a rank (As you’ve said)

4 Likes

I understand your reasons but even tho there are the signs and book i see people everyday asking how to get unbanned or appeal because they have difficulties registering on the website.Also i rarely see helpers on purgatory.I respect your thoughts on this idea.

As said many times before, there is not going to be any purgatory-exclusive staff due to it not being considered as a gamemode on the server and should not be a staff member’s main focus. I said this many times before on threads similar to this and I’ll say it again, that I would not feel comfortable with higher staff and developers putting a lot of effort into a server that is mainly used for trashing on staff members for doing their job and that they were banned unfairly.

I understand that there is some frustration with the next steps that should be taken once banned, although keep in mind there are more than enough steps taken to reduce this confusion (Such as informative signs displayed as the first thing you see when entering the gamemode), not to mention how much we’re already putting into having players get a second chance by showing their dedication.

2 Likes

Helpers are for the actual server, as many staff have said before purgatory isn’t an actual gamemode

1 Like

Could you delete the post or a moderator ty.I didnt know that there were previous attempts of trying to get a purgatory rank.Next time ill do more research.<3

Purgatory isnt a actual gamemode and I see absolutely no reason of why we need a helper rank for a open-wide community.

Closed upon request