Alkemystix's Staff Application - WoolWars

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes, I’ve been playing on the network almost every day consecutively since early November 2019, proof of which is shown in the image/link below.

https://www.munchymc.com/profile/Alkemystix

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes, I use a program known as ‘ScreenRecorder’ which can take footage at a moments notice. I can open up a recording within at least 5 seconds of needing to, as it’s always open in the background and can operate with just a click.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

Yes, I’ve been using both apps for a while now. I’m mostly active on the discord but I can get back to using the TeamSpeak if need be.

Application

IGN:

Alkemystix

Timezone:

GMT+1

Languages spoken:

English, Arabic, French, and Spanish. ( In order of fluency from most to least )

Server(s) you are interested in moderating:

Woolwars.

How active can you be per week?

I can spend roughly around 6-8 hours a day at the moment, however, this would change to approx. 4-6 hours when school starts, which is in about a weeks time so I would go with that.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of the story:

I have two punishments for griefing on Survival and a false ban, all of which I deeply regret and have learnt my lesson from indeed, and a 5 minute mute on KitPVP during a banwave. I went into alot more detail on it here: Alkemystix's Staff Application! :DDD

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

I have not applied for any role on Woolwars before, however, I applied for staff on survival last application season. I was denied on the premise that I wasn’t yet consistently mature enough, and since then I have worked on getting better in that regard, and have made significant leaps and bounds. Just compare this to my previous application ( Link is above ) and the difference is clearly visible.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

In my opinion, I feel like I’m well regarded in the Survival community along with the Woolwars community as someone who is friendly, open to conversation, and enjoyable to play and talk with, as are many people on the network. I’m significantly active on Woolwars, as almost every day I get a little bored on survival and hop onto Woolwars during that time. I have a couple of games from time to time, and it’s a blast. Due to the originality of the gamemode, it never gets old and manages to surprise me with its gameplay and community every match. During the time I’ve been here, i’ve taken part in build competitions, tournaments, and have multiple different maps in the works.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

The two servers I usually play on the server are Survival and Woolwars, I go on some others from time to time such as kit, but that’s about it. I feel like with this opportunity, I can make the gamemode a lot more friendly, appealing to new players, and rid of from toxicity and cheaters which currently plague the server. With the time I spend on the server ( as of right now I have over 1500 games played, recently I took a stats reset, so that number is a lot smaller now ), I feel I can really make a difference here.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

I would have to set myself a 6. As of right now, I have little to no experience of moderating a large community such as this once, but I have a lot to take inspiration and information from. I’m a quick learner, and the massive range of amazing and dedicated staff on survival let me get a grasp of what moderating and managing a community that large would be like, and how I help in doing such a thing.

With that experience of seeing them do what they do, I feel like I could easily get to know how things work, and only better myself from there. If you’d give me the chance, I promise I wont disappoint. :slight_smile:

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

In terms of being able to know and detect a wide range of hacks, I would give myself a 7 in this regard. As of yet, I haven’t moderated any large servers such as this one, only small servers me and my friends, a lot of which from munchy, have played on over the years, no bigger than 20 players at a time.

Despite this, I feel like I have a lot of experience on how to detect, to identify, and correctly deal with cheaters and hacks. From my time on purgatory, and from a lot of online sources and videos, such as FitMC, I now know about a massive range of hacks and how to detect them with ease. There are much more obvious hacks such as speed, fly, or scaffold, which is a large portion of what cheaters use on Woolwars, and the more subtle ones such as light reach or aim assist hacks. Along with the anti-cheat, I feel like I could identify and deal with these hacks with ease.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

Purgatory Reports :¬) - YouTube ( Please tell me if the link doesn’t work )

Along with this, I have reported countless offences either directly to staff in-game or on discord, or on the reports section on the MunchyMC discord server.

7 Likes

+1. From what I have seen, Alk is super active, kind and willing to help whenever they can. Good luck!

1 Like

A massive +1 from me c: I could write a lot of positive things about you, but it will be the same as what Ozz said.

I wish you best of luck dad!

1 Like

Thanks @MassiveBrain and @iOzz it really means alot ;w;

Sorry if this whole application seems a bit rushed, I spent all day out today, im tired as heck and my back hurts like hell since i slept badly last night so whenever i bend my back like 0.1 degrees of balance I just sort of collapse and die

I’ll try improving it in the upcoming days :))

update: apparently my back just fixed itself im not going to question it

4 Likes

+1 - surprised they didn’t at least get helper on surv! Alk is about 12/10,super active, super nice, funny and good at the game! Squeaky clean reputation too x

1 Like

Hey @Alkemystix, I’m happy to say you have been accepted! Please contact @Antfrost or me on Discord to arrange an interview! (BFI01#2202, Antfrost#6098)

7 Likes

Congratss!!!

1 Like

Grats!!!

1 Like

Ahhh CONGRATS :tada::tada:

1 Like

WAIT WHAT I WAS SERIOUSLY NOT EXPECTING THIS TO HAPPEN DHSJZKZBSMSB apparently I can’t use only caps but JESUS CHRIST TYSMSMSMSMSM

5 Likes

Congrats, @Alkemystix! I knew you could do it! :tada:

3 Likes

Congrats!!

1 Like

ALK WOOOOO, Well deserved!

1 Like

OMGGG yay!!!

1 Like

ALLLLLKKKKKKKKKK WOOOOOO

never going onto woolwars again im too scared

1 Like

Woop! Let’s go Alk!! Congratulations buddy! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Omg GG!! :smiley:

1 Like

Seriously I can’t thank everyone enough, this really came out of nowhere ;w;
I had literally zero expectations going into this, and with all the really dedicated people on the gamemode I thought I’d have no chance xD

2 Likes

Congrats!!!

1 Like

ALK Omg OMG CONGRATS AHhhhh

2 Likes