Alexisytical's Staff Application (April 2023)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes, I’ve been playing Munchy for about six months! I’m very active within Prison.

- Are you able to record and upload good-quality videos of hackers?: Absolutely! I have many different recording softwares.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yes! I’m active on Discord everyday, typically between 3:00 PM - 5:00 AM EST. I’m still learning the ropes of Teamspeak but do have it downloaded.

Application

IGN: Alexisytical

Timezone: EST

Can you use a microphone for an interview?: Yes.

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod): Either position would be amazing but Helper would probably be the best for now.

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE): Prison.

How active can you be per week? I’m usually on every day for 7-10 hours, so probably 50-60 hours a week but commitment-wise would definitely be 25+ hours.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story: I was temporarily banned by RedVelvetCake as a joke because I accidentally advertised a server but that lasted like 20 seconds. It was a bit recent but it’s all good!

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application: I have never applied but I’m honored to have the opportunity to do so.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community? I feel that I have an overall nice-image on Munchy. I try to always be nice and joke with others. I’m all for trying to be positive and always wanting to help in any way that I can.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply? I’ve been interested for quite some time but I do think that my personal experience with getting doxxed really motivated me. I want to help prevent that for others and to be able to assist any new players, to protect others from being in a vulnerable position, and to provide the best support that I possibly can. Sometimes these events have happened when staff members are off due to timezone differences, so I feel like I could absolutely assist in those situations. I’m also a volunteer Crisis Counselor and I believe that I can help de-escalate situations before they become potentially worse.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community? Maybe a 7 or 8? I’ve never done so with Minecraft but I run a Discord server and moderate on a Munchy Clan server. I know all the basics and things to look out for, specifically if they align with the Munchy rulebook!

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters? For this one, I’m still definitely learning when it comes to certain hacks but I would give myself - a solid 7. I can usually tell based on certain movements, like bunnyhopping; teleporting; flying; reach; tracers. These are the ones I’m mostly educated about but plan to expand my knowledge to provide the best support and moderation for Munchy.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

potential reach that was used during a fight with a now-banned player

I was invis and jammed but this may not necessarily count since I was set on-fire but personally, it seems like they knew exactly where i was

Note: I’m definitely still learning on how to identify cheats but plan to do some thorough research. There are some that are quite easier to recognize than others, while sometimes, it can be done so subtly! Furthermore, The clips I share may not necessarily show hacking (but there’s still a possibility, it was just never entirely confirmed). This was to show both that potential cheating incident and the quality of my videos. The quality can be changed if you access Medal’s site. I use many different types of recording softwares, so if Medal isn’t considered in the criteria for recording, I can record through Insights Capture, OBS, Streamlabs, and Bandicam. Thank you!

I have made reports in-game through command many times, as well. However, I try to directly converse with staff in certain situations, if needed be.

22 Likes

I have never met Alex outside here but she has been incredibly nice to me here on the forums +2

6 Likes

+1 Very mature, helpful, and nice.

4 Likes

+1
Definitely a good candidate, friendly, helpful and overall just a very pleasant person to be around!
GL!

5 Likes

Very good good luck @alexisytical :innocent:

3 Likes

+10

Very very friendly! Always on the lookout for cheaters/hackers. I feel like she would be an amazing part of the staff team. Goodluck Alexis!!!

5 Likes

I’ve never actually spoken to alexisytical but from what I’ve seen they are pretty cool

6 Likes

+1 for sure

5 Likes

Definitely a +1 for me. Alexis is extremely mature and respectful with everyone and I’m sure overall she would be a good addition to the staff team :]

4 Likes

+1 friended me on discord despite being killed by me in pb multiple times, shows high maturity and the communication skill set required to be a productive staff member.

4 Likes

Massive +1!

From what I know you are a very friendly and mature person, you’d seem like a great fit for a staff position!

8 Likes

By the way @alexisytical you put 2022 instead of 2023. xD!

4 Likes

-10 got my innocent friend blacklisted.

1 Like

+1!
Friendly, mature and respectful!
Good luck!

4 Likes

​​​+1

3 Likes

+1 bright person and chill

3 Likes

+1 Very bubbly and nice person, I think they would make a great staff member

4 Likes

very big +1
don’t have to say anything here other than Good Luck!

4 Likes

+1 cutie patootie

3 Likes

+1 good application

3 Likes