Alekssek's buildteam application #2

IGN and past IGN’s:
Alekssek, Alekssek | Minecraft Profile | NameMC

Timezone:
GMT +2

Discord username:
Im2ql4u#8106

How long have you played MunchyMC?:
About 2-3 months now, I have been active here on the build-forum for a month.

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects:

I have built all of these on Builders refuge the last six weeks. If you want evidence that I have built them you can join the server and visit my plots. “/plot visit Alekssek (1-13)” I don’t know how I managed to get myself 13 plots.

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build:
I must admit that I find it a challenge to chose a favourite. I enjoyed building all of the structures that you see. I had never attempted many of those themes before either; the Asian, steampunk and Roman structures were my first attempt on them ever. I used one image to guide me for the Asian, but not the others.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other relevant plugins?:
I am very familiar with World-edit, I use it all the time when I build my structures. I would say that I have used all the commands on world-edit except the biome ones. I am also familiar with go-brush, I use that when building my terrain. (I used world-edit for the first few builds)

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.):
Speciality is without a doubt, structures. I can build any theme and any shape you’d want. I am just as good at building anything new and original as building after or improving other builds. I would say that I have a good sense of what looks decent as a structure. My weakness is terraforming, I don’t know why but I don’t work well with that aspect of building. I haven’t attempted many organics, but It probably wouldn’t go well; Therefore I would call that a weakness as well. (But this is just my opinion, you could mean otherwise)

What is your history of building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?
Well, I have helped a few single small server-owners (2 to be precise) to build simple structures or map out a spawn for them. I have also worked in a small build-team (but we didn’t fit that well together, they wouldn’t cooperate, just build for their selves), but I quickly quit that one. Except from that I do not have much experience with build-teams, although I enjoy helping others on builders refuge to improve their structures or terrain.

Describe yourself:
I am a 17 year old male from Norway. I enjoy reading and building in minecraft. I work well with others and enjoy teaching and learning anything, including building in minecraft. Thank you for reading and have nice day!

1 Like

You have some really detailed builds. Your roofs are nice and you have a good sense of depth. I especially like the way you texture your terrain so +1

(btw do you guys get w/e or Voxel on that server?)

yeah, you have access to a bunch of different building-tools, heres a list from their website: https://www.buildersrefuge.com/command-guide/

1 Like

I saw that you critique a lot of other builders but you can’t even get a world on Builders Refuge lol.
Now for serious, if I need to tell opinions about your builds, you should find better references for better roofs and maybe try different commands and plugins for the terrains, inexistent texturing, always the same 4-5 blocks for all the medieval builds, always squares without any type of hard shape in, I don’t want to say that those builds can be made by everyone, but we are close to, try to improve yourself, you’re on the right way, if you want good sites for finding references just try out artstation.

Edit:
since i’m from italy, i can tell you that the thing that you call roman isn’t roman at all, Peace out.

1 Like

Oof, thanks for the note. I know Im very critical to other builders, but I want to always make an attempt on letting them know where I think they could improve. I might not be the right person but I belive its more practical getting support on where to improve, rather than just saying its good. As I said, I don’t work well with terrain, I just use it if I must. I didn’t know I have included so much of medieval builds, I find it difficult to be creative with that style and I don’t find it particularly impressive either. I only included two medieval builds here and tried my best. (I know its not roman, its based on spartan architecture but I would say its more commonly known as roman, at least in Norway)

3 Likes

You’re right about the critiques, everyone needs them to improve, me too, what i was trying to say is just: maybe don’t be rude or the people will think you are just boring and a bad person that is unhappy about his builds and this is why he goes to disturb the others builders, but i know it’s not the case, just be less rude, don’t do like i did to you xd, otherwise i really appreciate your work about the orhers, I will wait with anxiety good critiques about the mine!
Have a nice day c:

1 Like