/AFK command Idea!

181b3cccbbf95545c6aa658a7684e2db1a5f0360

Heyo Munchies!

I don’t remember if munchy ever had a similar thing, but I’m going to make an idea post about it,
since it doesn’t exist, at least at the moment.

The Idea’s Title:

/afk command.

How it works?

If a player types /afk in the chat, he’ll go to (AFK) mode, and a message appears in the chat that says
(a certain player is now AFK) (This message is only visible in the gamemode’s own chat)

If a player tags this particular player in chat while he is in AFK mode, a notification
will appear in his chat that says (this player is currently AFK)

when a player who is in AFK mode moves, he then exits AFK mode and a notification appears
in the chat that says (a certain player is no longer afk) This way the players would know that
this particular player is no longer afk.

Screenshot_155
Screenshot_157

If this idea raised questions in you, don’t be shy and leave your opinion in the comments, I’d love to read them! :star:

11 Likes

Holy mother how many times did I say (AFK) in that post :smiley:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I think thats a great idea! -a munchy survival main

2 Likes

Well. On survival, when you have to afk, you just say it, and also say back when you’re back. I don’t think a whole command is necessarily especially since the message will be moved up by chat and people would forget if you were afk or not.

(My experience, even when I say afk with a huge bold coloured italic flashy thingy text, people would still damn message me and hug me…)

Yeah, you guys know who you are. :roll_eyes: When I’m afk, I wanna be alone.

2 Likes

Add this command lol. I assume it’s not a me thing but getting told something by someone who doesn’t know ur afk is just annoying af, and adding a command like this would solve this problem.

4 Likes

I think this is a really good idea and can see a lot of people using it

Perhaps the player’s name could also be greyed out and put in italic or something in the tab list?

6 Likes

Aaaaaa forgot to edit my reply. There were a lot of discussions that involved having AFK displayed as a badge just like on survival, which would make it work pretty well!

2 Likes

Have talked to Ave about this idea and I still find it very neat!
I believe it’s a cool command, since people often just stay or are AFK. (Same goes for me, I’m AFK a lot :D)

I’d like to see such a command get added soon! Maybe even global wide across all the servers.

4 Likes

Global is a good direction, it would be nice to see if a friend is tabbed out or not.

2 Likes

it’s a cool idea but I don’t think it’s needed or people will use it. If you ping a player and they don’t respond, they are most likely afk.

It’s a cool idea, but I don’t think it’s needed

4 Likes

Just like Turtle said, I get the point, but I just think its unnecessary

2 Likes

I mean if I need you I will just spam you

3 Likes

so many features r not ‘needed’ but useful so theyre still added… it doesn’t need to be gamechanging to mean it’s a worthwhile addition

this is cool i like it

5 Likes

+1 good idea

1 Like

Personally, I do like the idea of an afk command. However, I would rather it not be in chat but just a note next to your name in tab (i.e. kaittt[AFK]). The actual message is just unnecessary in my opinion due to the way people already announce if they’re AFK (and they’ll most likely get annoying), plus this would really help if you’re trying to communicate with specific players.

6 Likes

THIS

I notice a lot cool ideas being -1’d for not being ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL AND GAMECHANGING.
When I was in BIT team so many little QOL changes were put down despite there being absolutely no viable reason for them NOT to be added. I’d really like to see this command in the game, as it would only provide benefits.

4 Likes

I 100% agree with this.

1 Like

The use of the /afk command is useful, just integrate a cooldown time of 5minutes or something so people don’t constantly spam chat with it

4 Likes