About the purgatory gamemode (Updated!)

/server Purgatory

Welcome to an about page of Purgatory!

Welcome to hell:slight_smile:

“[Purgatory] is a special server on the MunchyMC Minecraft Network.” -MunchyMC Purgatory Book, by MunchyMC.com (from in-game)

• This is the server on the network where you can meet the players who failed to heed to the MunchyMC’s Rules, whether that be their first ban or their last.

If you have been moved here, that means you are banned. If you believe you were banned unfairly, make a ticket . . . MunchyMC - Help Center-Welcome to Purgatory (from in-game)

• A disclaimer to those who are fairly banned, your options are limited, although they are very reasonable.
  1. You can buy an unban on shop.munchymc.com for $5.00 USD (for a First Unban) or $15.00 USD (for a Second Unban.) Not including tax.

2. You can wait a year to appeal your unban.

3. You can appeal your ban outright

Bans over a year old get a FREE unban. Make an appeal.-Welcome to Purgatory (from in-game)

and,

1. You can work for your unban out in-game by completing quests, viewable with /stat.
Please note: These options may not work if you are temporarily banned or are blacklisted, make a support ticket at MunchyMC - Help Center to see if you are eligible for one of these options.

These quests include:

• Mining 12500 Stone

• Mining 26250 Dirt or Grass Blocks

• Gaining 200 XP Levels

• Breeding 250 Animals NOTE: Currently disabled

• Mining 1,000 Diamonds

• Chopping 10,000 Logs

• Travelling 1,000,000 blocks

However there are also downsides to trying to complete quests. These “downsides” are known as Trollers. (or T in tab)

“If you are a banned player, the players that are not banned are able to mess with your mind to try to make your mission of becoming unbanned a living hell. Not only can they just mess with your mind, they can make your death most undesirable.” -[Guide] Purgatory Introduction, by AriesGrill

Getting back on task, we cannot forget about trollers.

• There are also now global trolls, meaning that some trolls will affect all players in adventure mode/that are banned
    Note: logging off the purgatory whilst a global troll occurs will result in your inventory being wiped!

• These trolls include being able to send a banned player in the air, being able to summon monsters on them, and more! (If the demand is high enough I will make a full list of trolls) However, trollers may not influence the world around them besides with trolls (e.g you may not break or place blocks, harm players etc. …

… That is unless a troller does the command “/adventure”.

• Becoming an adventurer means you will not be able to access trolls, but you may influence the world outside of spawn. You may go into adventure mode with /adventure and you may get out of the adventure mode with /troll!

FAQ

Q: Is hacking allowed on Purgatory?

A: All players are now not disallowed to hack on the purgatory game mode! However, if you are hacking with the aim to complete an unban, that is not allowed and the server will physically not let you gain an unban if you are flagged as cheating.

Q: Are clans enabled on Purgatory?

A: Most global features are implemented into Purgatory, this includes clans.

Q: Why am I banned?

A: If you wish to know why you were banned, please make a support ticket at MunchyMC - Help Center

Q: Where can I find more information on the Purgatory server?

A: If you have any questions that weren’t covered or presumably unfindable, please ask an appropriate staff member about your question. (Usually helpers are the best option!)

Q: How do I get tokens on purgatory?

A: You can earn tokens as an unbanned player by completing quests on purgatory (You cannot hack whilst doing this!)

Credits:

Crafter and Drafter– Made by: Forums/@Craftifyer , Discord/Crafty#0161

Editor and Massive qt– Edited by: Forums/@Beelzebeel

Updated by Crafty/Sievy, Forums/@Craftifyer Crafty, Discord/Crafty#0161

Updated yet again by yours truly on 15/08/22 regarding recent changes on the server

14 Likes

Nice guide! I’d just like to add that I can’t see the yellow texts…

4 Likes

Crafty you are so clever and genius

4 Likes

My bad! This guide was made with the intent that you would view it in dark mode 0-o

3 Likes

This is a really cool guide! Do you mind if I send it to people on Purgatory if they ask how it works?

3 Likes

Go ahead! I’m always happy for people to gain more information about the server :smiley:

3 Likes

Alright :D I bookmarked it and I’ll send it to people on Purgatory if they have questions ^w^

3 Likes

Good guide, it gives more understanding why the purgatory server is there and used.

4 Likes

You should add: whenever you complete a task and get banned again, that certain task will be increased by the starting value

2 Likes

thankyouforthecompliment

3 Likes

I have updated this guide to include the new update! Also, I plan to make a guide of purgatory trolls soon, so stay tuned for that :>

1 Like

Great guide ty!

13 Likes

Thank you so much!

3 Likes

I would recommend creating a fourth option as while you do get a free unban for 99% of bans after a year, quite a lot of fair bans are unbanned just for admitting it even a week or two after being banned. You can appeal at any time and admit you were hacking and you have a decent chance at getting unbanned (depending on the cheat etc)

3 Likes

Will do thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

not if i do first

7 Likes

Updated regarding recent changes on the server

Dont adventurers get tokens when they complete a quest?

1 Like

Forgot to update that bit xD

Edit: Fixed

1 Like

Minor mistake, other than that great guide crafty :wink:

2 Likes