91z's Staff Application

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I have been playing for 5+ months now. (Originally joined Feb 17 2017!)
- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I use OBS.
- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
Yes, I have already been on the MunchyMC TS.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN:

91z (https://namemc.com/profile/91z.5)

15 (September 3 2004)

Timezone:

BST / GMT+1 (UK)

Server(s) you would like to moderate:

KitPvP

How active can you be per week?

Mon: 3:30PM - 12:00PM
Tue: 3:30PM - 12:00PM
Wed: 3:30PM - 12:00PM
Thu: 3:30PM - 12:00PM
Fri: 3:30PM - 12:00PM
Sat: 12:30AM - 12:00PM
Sun: 9:00Am - 12:00PM

Total: 50~ Hours weekly.

(Note: Hours may vary if I am on holiday or have to revise!)

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

I have a lot of moderating experience. I have been Moderator and other staff positions on many servers, but here are just a few examples of them.

LordsCraft: LordsCraft was a fairly popular Minecraft server 3-4 years ago. It had around 100-150 players on it every day. I was a Mod (and further promoted to Administrator) on this server. LordsCraft was a Factions server, meaning it had lots of hackers using x-ray and KillAura. I learned how to properly determine if somebody was using x-ray, and how to detect if they were using PvP hacks. I gained a lot of experience also working with others while working there. I had to collaborate with other staff members to solve problems and train new staff members. I also learned how to deal with large amounts of players. As mentioned above LordsCraft had a large amount of players. Lots of the other staff lived in different time zones, so I had to deal with most of the problems when I was on. I am no longer staff on this server as it closed down for an unknown reason around 2-3 years ago.

BlazeCraft: BlazeCraft was the one of the most popular Minecraft PocketEdition servers before Microsoft bought Minecraft from Mojang. It had around 50-100 players on every day, which is a lot for a MCPE server! On here I worked my way up from Helper to HeadStaff. This was over the course of 3 years. While going through the ranks I had to learn how to use all the different commands and plugins. Eventually when I was HeadStaff member I was in charge of writing up the staff applications and interviewing potential future staff members. I had to be mature and a good example while being in this position. Although BlazeCraft is still up, it rarely gets any player because of Microsoft making it so that you can’t join any servers without logging into your Microsoft account.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?

Honestly MunchMC KitPvP provided a new pvp experience that was honestly just a breath of fresh air from other KitPvP servers with basic kits. There is a wide variety of kits for whatever play-style you enjoy. If you enjoy high damage and speed, you can use Ninja. If you want to trick your opponents you can use Jester. There is a kit for everything.

I originally played on bbh.mc-hg.com because of the interesting style of mixing kits with hardcore Minecraft PvP, and I really enjoyed it. From then on I played on MunchyMC on and off for the following years.

Do you have any Anticheat experience?

I know a little bit about how Anticheats work. I used to own a Minecraft server back during version 1.10, which I just used for fun, where I had to install an Anticheat plugin and configure it. Other than that, the only experience I have with Anticheat is working as staff on servers with them.

Link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

I have not reported any hackers on MunchyMC. This is because most of the time they either get banned by a diligent staff member, or the Anticheat bans them before I can upload the evidence. I realise that even if I am not a staff member it is still my duty to record and report hackers. I still work towards doing this.

Edit: I reported a hacker here Soldier42 Hack Report .

Languages spoken:

English and Romanian (both fluently).

Describe your contributions to MunchyMC thus far?

I have been an active player on MunchyMC for a while now, and have been playing for over 2 years! I have made tons of friends and have never been toxic. I try my best to always be online, just in case there are any hackers that I can report or any players I can help.

What is your greatest strength?

I feel like one of my greatest strengths is my dedication to any job or role I am given, or how approachable and reasonable I am. If a staff member seems upset or doesn’t want to be bothered all the time, nobody will want to approach them. On the other hand, if a staff member is always in a good mood and friendly with all the players they will think of the staff member as a friend who can help, not just somebody you report hackers too. I strive to become somebody who is friends with everyone and can be of help when you need it.

Comment on your ability to work within a team:

I think that my communication and cooperation skills are one of my fortes. I have worked on team a lot throughout my life, whether on a project in real life, or in game. I used to be part of the Mineplex translation team (for Romanian), where I learned to collaborate with other Staff members, and also how to take instructions. I have learnt how to efficiently work on a team, even if I have a minor or insignificant role.

What is your experience and knowledge of hacks?

I have quite a large knowledge of hacks in my opinion. Although I have never personally tried hacks, I have seen many players using them. I can effectively detect most types of hacks, especially PvP hacks.

A small list of the most common hacks are:

KillAura: This hack detects players around a certain distance from the player. It then automatically hits the player. This is most of the time paired up with bhop / criticals hacks. This can usually be detected by the players head spinning, or turning very quickly and still landing every hit.

Criticals / BHop: This hack makes it so that every hit on another players is a critical hit (dealing more damage), which can usually only be attained by hitting the playing on the way down from a jump. BHop automatically makes you perform a little hop while hitting a player, dealing critical damage. This can usually be detected by observing if the players is getting hit with critical particles without the player jumping.

X-Ray: This is a hack where the player can see valuable ores, or whichever block they have set to detect. An easy way to see if the suspicious player is x-raying is to place diamond ores near the player and seeing if they mine straight to it.

AutoClicker: This hack makes it so that the player can click faster than normal players usually can. For example clicking above 15 cps usually means they are using an autoclicker. This is very hard to see, but is easily detected by Anticheats. Your best course of actions if you have a suspicion that someone is using an autoclicker, is to see if your Anticheat is sending out any alerts.

Reach: This hack allows the user to hit another player from over 3 blocks distance. This is easily detected by seeing if the player is hitting people from an unnatural distance, but is also easily detected by Anticheats.

Noclip/Freecam: This hack lets the player leave there body. By this I mean that they can go underground or fly around without their character actually moving. This is fairly easy to detect, as if the player is stopped in place, but there are still movement particles by his feet it usually means he is using freecam. This is usually not used in PvP, but more in Survival or Factions.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my application!

Edit: Added more in my knowledge of hacks, as it seemed too small.

2 Likes

+1…

I didn’t know x-ray was a PvP hack.

1 Like

+1 loads of details and experience

I wrote a ‘small list of the most common hacks’. I was not necessarily referring to pvp hacks, even though I want to help on KitPvP.

+1 Good application. Good luck!

1 Like

Application denied. We feel that you currently don’t meet the requirements for staff. We hope to see you apply again in the future!