1.19 Test Session Feedback - 1/29/23

Please leave your feedback on today’s test session HERE.

Feedback should only be on the PvP. The bugs found are appreciated, but the session was to test 1.19 combat.

Any unconstructive feedback or unnecessary conversation will be deleted and punished accordingly.

14 Likes

I like the updated version of the 1.19 PvP, however here’s a few things that I’d like to see changed/fixed:

• Reduce the knockback, it seems like it’s way too much at the moment. Both horizontally and vertically.

• Possibly remove the hitting sound, it can be a bit annoying.

• Make dropping empty bowls from the hotbar actually seem like they are dropped. Right now if you drop them they remain in your hotbar, but only visually.

9 Likes

Nerf every explosive kit and maybe change water combat with fish

2 Likes

I didn’t make the testing session but I just wanted to leave thought about the first time, I get 1.19 is the new version and a lot more options of ideas. But imo kit should stay 1.8.9. Kit has developed a community and I think a lot of people as well think many of the loyal kit players will leave for other servers if the server they played on for so long changed the combat system. It would be cool it it was 1.19 but when I think of kit I don’t think it should be a 1.19 type server.

I don’t want munchy to lose these players over this one change if it happens but I just wanted to state my opinion.

2 Likes

So, I’m kind of late, but here’s my opinion from the test session:

• FPS seemed to be better compared to last test session. Still worse than 1.8 but there weren’t as many lag spikes, at least not for me. However whenever I died and respawned it would take like 10 seconds before I could use the items in my inventory or type in chat or anything (like I would right click on the nether star and other items and it wouldn’t work) which was annoying.
  • The knockback seemed way too high and not good for pvp, from what I remember it felt exactly this way during the last test session
  • It felt like I could hit people faster than on 1.8, like you can in a no hit delay duel but not as extreme as that, but definitely enough to be noticeable. I also don’t remember this being an issue last test session. However this might’ve just been the fact that there was the 1.9 hitting sound spam while spam clicking on someone, which also what something I remember wasn’t an issue in the last test session.

Overall I don’t have particularly high hopes for 1.19 kitpvp. Maybe it’ll be possible to change the pvp a good amount to be and feel more like 1.8, but currently it feels quite a bit off from the current pvp on 1.8 kit, and honestly even farther away from 1.8 than it did during the last test session, at least to me.

4 Likes

I love this new 1.19 change, it’s still the normal 1.8 style pvp but it’s smoother and combos are easier, I love the new kitpvp

2 Likes