ZachDontFall's winter 2020 application

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes I joined over a year ago, I will say for a good amount of time I was hardly active. I would get on twice a week. I would get very mad and was bored a lot of the time, then about a month before covid I rejoined and realized I was more before cause I had been lacking interacting with the community and friends on the server. I have now been extremely active for over 6 months.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes I am I use OBS, or the default recording software on my pc for my current and old YT channel

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

I am very competent with discord and have used it for a while, teamspeak on the other hand I have downloaded and know the basics, I have tried using it more lately although I can be a bit shy in vc’s when I first meet people so I have not used it quite as much as I would like. I do know how to do the basics so I would say I know it enough to be competent with it.

Application

IGN:

ZachDontFall (past IGN’s: ZachDAYac, ZachDoesntExist)

Timezone:

PST (pacific time zone)

Languages spoken:

English although my client has a translator mod

Server(s) you are interested in moderating:

Woolwars since I am the most active on it and know more about it then any other games, and I could tell easier when someone is abusing a bug, using a certain hat rather then a kit (glider and fly; vast and scaffold; etc) then the average person could. I also would not mind moderating kit although I made not be he best for it, I do know my way around it and think I could hold my own with moderating it, though this application is directed towards Woolwars not Kit.

How active can you be per week?

Sunday: 4-8 Hours

Weekdays excluding Friday: 3-5 Hours

Friday: 5-9 Hours

Saturday: 5-10 Hours

Yes I do have no life.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

This is where things are sketchy for me, I have 2 mutes and 2 bans.

Mute 1: I said 3 times “OMG WHAT HAPPENED1!1!1!!!” After a woolwars server reset.

Mute 2: The other was me “Bypassing chat filters” When I said “Sh**”. I did not know I would be muted for it as I was just trying to not actually say the word, although I definitely did deserve the mute.

Ban 1: False ban, I got unbanned within 5 hours and was not given a reason why I was banned

Ban 2: Long story so buckle up, I play on a 1.16 pvp server (I won’t say the name due to the rules) where I used to use health indicators since it was allowed. I twice used them by accident and was banned when reporting someone, I again apologize sincerely for it I completely deserved the ban. Although I know it is a bad thing to be put on my record I think the fact I completed Purgatory in less then 2 days should show my commitment to getting back on the server before my appeal can even be looked over.

I understand it is a lot of punishments but they have helped me learn more about the rules and how to have better judgment

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

I have applied twice, the first one was a very bad application it lacked detail, and I lacked game commitment to the server and to the community. The second application I think was a very good one I had very good detail and was well known and had support from the community, unfortunately I was banned a few days before it could be judged so I don’t know what I would have had. I am taking better steps to add more detail and interact more on the discord, forums, and community then I did with my first application. To improve from my second I am adding more detail and…

…not getting banned xD

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I think I have a very good reputation within the community. I have many friends I have met on munchy and interact with almost every day!! I have as well taken part and won the Clan tournament on woolwars, and gotten 4th on the recent FFA tournament and enjoyed playing with other VERY good and active players who made the experiences very fun!! I think I am quite well known in the community as well for (hopefully) good (although many people don’t like me for being “sweaty” at woolwars) since I am not toxic in chat and if I ever am it is towards friends who I know very well and am just joking with. I talk a lot in chat and interact with most people when they say hi to me or ask how I am. I also like to think people view me as being helpful as I am constantly reporting hackers/people verbally breaking the rules, I also answer people questions whenever I can in chat. I have as well made a woolwars map called “Avatar” which is currently in rotation at the time I am writing this. A few people might know that I also have a YT channel where I will stream woolwars and make woolwars videos to help grow the community.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

I already think I am very helpful in the chat and would like to be able to help the server more then I already do. Like I already said when there is a hacker or cheater I will sometimes jump onto the sandstone just to report them in spectator mode so I can get further proof easier. I also will be reporting people who verbally break the rules constantly as well and think I could be more useful and very helpful as a Jmod or helper. Since I play on this server every say for hours it would be great to be able to help out more and spend more time making the community and the whole server a better atmosphere for the players in it. Being the person that everyone looks to for help is something I really want to be, and think I could do well at since I love to help people and enjoy making the community better for everyone around it. I would love to see the community in munchy and woolwars/kit grow a lot and think I could help it out by being able to ban hackers or muting people verbally breaking the guidelines. I have been told by some people I would make a great jmod as well and should definitely apply, which is very encouraging and makes me feel confident in saying I think I would fit the role well.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

I would say a 8/10, last season I gave it a 7/10 and I think it has improved since then. I have seen more hackers and gotten to know the hacks more and more. It could be better I will admit but I think it is good enough to be able to spot and deal with hackers and other rule breakers (3 person teaming, ninja abusing, etc). I do have a bit of experience as well as I was Mod on a server called wyvernworlds that averaged about 12-25 players and had to keep watch for x-rayer’s (it was survival) pvp hackers, and all sorts of other hacks. I also was an Admin on a server called VitonickMC which had about 5-12 people on it at all times, and was also a survival server with tnt run also. I has to do similar stuff to when I was the mod on wyvernworlds. I also know more about the base of a community and how I should deal with cheaters and rule breakers. I also have enough self control to not lose my temper to the point where I abuse any perms I have. I also will not be biased towards friends and they will all be treated as if I have never met them if they break any rules.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

I would say it is a 7/10. I am not bad at all at it but I am not the best. I can tell when someone is using hacks but if they are extremely good at hiding it I would have to focus harder to come to the conclusion someone is hacking. I will pop onto purgatory a lot not just to find hackers, but to look at hacks and try to get better at identifying them. I think my overall knowledge on woolwars would be boost this up 1 if we were only talking about woolwars since I can tell easier in certain situations when someone is using a kit or hacking since there are a few kits that can be confused with hacks a lot. As I said I have a bit of experience but nothing to the level of munchy or even woolwars for that matter. I do know of a lot hacks that are especially used in different scenarios, scaffold is used a lot in woolwars while something like aura isn’t used quite as much as woolwars isn’t as pvp based as kit for example, which aura and reach would be a lot more common. From my experience the three most used hacks in woolwars would be Scaffold (where the player can build in a way that is not possible to legit players), Fly (self explanatory, the player can fly) , and autoclicking (where the player clicks or build without clicking there mouse, and where they can do in not humanely possible) , although autoclicking is harder to spot usually the way somebody is building with blocks can show they are a autoclicking.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

1. https://youtu.be/HRF8cnQtbhE

2. https://youtu.be/NFSDeZd9A2M

3. https://youtu.be/7fMEQk6ijWw

4. https://youtu.be/gTwayO_FCv0

5. https://youtu.be/1sawHX4BJSY

6. https://youtu.be/iruaeHIBiuM

7. https://youtu.be/69P2XsbA3qo

8. https://youtu.be/C49uXHgi28w

9. https://youtu.be/7Dm653hHEg0

10. https://youtu.be/s5gnfw3EJYw

11. https://youtu.be/FQitG7iVKuY

Whats annoying here is ik I have at least 5 more but cant find them xD

Edit(s): Grammar and spelling

Edit: More detail to “Server(s) you are interested in moderating”, “What is your reputation in the community”, “What do you think your reputation in the community is?”, “Why are you interested in applying”, and “Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?”

Edit: Cleaned it up and made it look nicer

18 Likes

+1 very active and helpful!

3 Likes

Thank you vurm :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Seems chill, Nice app

+1

2 Likes

Thx!!! :D

1 Like

+1000000 Zach is very mature, and very willing to help other players. He has contributed to the Woolwars community, and has shown time and time again that he is mature, active, and helpful.
-1 point for taking my block in the lobby >:(

2 Likes

+1
Your answers are very long and detailed, LOVE THAT!
You seem pretty motivated! But I don’t play much woolwars (only survival xD) so I don’t know you much, But you seem pretty nice! Wish you the best of luck o7

3 Likes

+1

Overall solid application, Zack is a very active player. This application is very detailed and has a lot of thought put into it.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you!! I have started getting back into survival I hope to see you around!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words xoau, but in my defence I DID give the block back sorta ish

2 Likes

Thanks!!! :D

2 Likes

+10 Very mature kind and helpful <3

3 Likes

This is an absolute +1!
Zach is a very mature, trustworthy, understanding and helpful person with a clearly vast knowlege of the gamemode and cheating ways, i’d love to see him in a position where he can contribute to the community as a staff member!

2 Likes

+1

Zach definitely has what it’s need to become staff on Munchymc I wish you the best of luck my dude

2 Likes

@Alexizzs @beanep @SkippoAPS,

Thank you all so much!!! It means a lot

3 Likes

+1. In the several months that I’ve known him, Zach has routinely displayed his growth as both a person and as a player. He is incredibly helpful and often interacts with the community. With over 3000 games, it’s obvious that he’s moderately devoted to WoolWars. His application is incredibly detailed and mostly well-written. Zach is decently active and I think he would do great as a staff member.

4 Likes

Thank you solus!

“decently active” ok solus we cant all be 600 games a week like you ;) <3

2 Likes

+1 great app lots of detail and I see you all over the forums as a good active guy good luck

3 Likes

Absolute +100000

Has shown extremely impressive dedication
Very helpful
And over all an amazing person!

Good Luck! Really hoping you get it!

3 Likes

@Uncappedglue @Ripshot

Thank you both!!!

3 Likes