Z_Voltage's application for the build team

IGN and past IGN’s: Z_Voltage

Timezone: EST

Discord username: ZVoltage#4462

How long have you played MunchyMC?: 4 Months (This is when I joined the server, not the forums)

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects:

The album isn’t working too well so I linked individually.

Imgur
Imgur

Imgur

Imgur
Imgur
Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build:
This is my “FAVOURITE and PROUDEST” recent build. It took about 8 hours, without world edit. My favorite palettes are definitely modern palettes or city pallettes. On that build, I feel I got that older meets new city vibes. (My Best Recent Build is below) Note: This is the city, there are several other photos of this same city in different areas.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel, and other building plugins?: For world edit, I know all of the basic commands as well as the ones that come in handy with creating shapes hard to build by hand at a large scale. For voxel sniper, I know all of the basic brush commands and how to incorporate them well with my builds.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.): I am good with structures, okay at detailing, and pretty bad (like REALLLLLLLLYYY BAD) with terraforming by hand.

What is your history of the building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?
I have worked on a build team with me and my friends and later together we actually all got accepted as builders for a server called Green Eggs and Wham (a smaller server that only got about 50 players at tops). I am currently builder on a server called VectroMc. Ever since I started Minecraft (2013) I’ve always been a builder. My building skills are far from perfect, but that allows a lot of improvement on my part. I’ve been striving to make sure I am the best that I can be, and right now I feel I’m getting closer to that point.

Thank you for reading my builder app!

2 Likes

-0.5 there isn’t enough of a variety of builds. All except one build is munchymc quality and 3 of them is basically the same thing.

About the appartments you made.

They look really real, in fact they look too real in some way, they are the place where we live, and precisely the place most of us scape from when accessing the internet.

Maybe it is your objective, to remind us of the real world we negate but be conscious of the effect the build has in the viewer, maybe it doesn’t make the viewer feel anything, maybe is all on the contrary.

Sometimes, it is much more than blocks

I definently understand that. I am actually working on builds as we speak! I plan on adding more builds to this application as time goes on, thank you for giving constructive critism! This advice really helps me. Thank you!

Aww thank you so much! I think it looks real due to the shaders. Thank U!

1 Like

Hi! I added some more builds, and I think you might like them. When you can, check em out.

Since you loved the shaders I had, I made more builds with shaders on! Hope you like them!

The ‘mansions’ weren’t really mansions.

You seem like a nice person though :slight_smile:

Yeah, your right, they really aren’t. I know there not mansions but I wanted it to be an illiteration. That’s the only word for house that starts with M. Thank you for calling me nice though!

Im not quite sure which type of style you specialize in whether it’s terraforming, organics, and so on. Be more detailed and thorough with your answers. Also, something to mention, your mansion build was very stereotypical and with modern builds, you wanna be creative on how you format and place different shapes in order to create a house. I suggest you look at some accepted builder applications such as mine to get a better perspective on what the build team looks out for.
-blssom

If you were to read my application you would notice that I said I specialize in structures. I know I’m not the best builder but I thought the builds, like my city builds, were somewhat creative. I’ll make sure to create more builds and strive to be even more creative. Thanks for the advice!

Not bad but I want to see your terraforming builds. But really good job bro.
+0.5

I’ve looked through your portfolio and all, and mostly liked all the builds, your design is very unique and nice.

+1

Thanks, I’ll add one in.

Thank you so much!

You have some nice structures, but they lack detail, and the modern houses are pretty small. Take a look at some accepted application to see what is expected. Also, I’d suggest you play around with some larger scale terraforming to broaden your building skills. Good luck!

I’m changing my +1 to a -1 it is very clear you have no regard for other people’s feelings and you give very harsh criticism to other applicants. It’s unfortunate too, because your building skills are really good! Unfortunately, your communication skills and working with a team set you back. I am not looking for an argument, just saying what I feel.

1 Like

I definently understand that. I know my critism is very harsh, I understand that. I know I’m not the best at combining what I feel and saying it in a nice way. Thank you for your feedback, I’ll work on that.
@craftykingofmine

1 Like

Good details and decoration, also seems that you’ve been working on it a lot.
But as the other builder said, you need to look at accepted applications and see what they need to be accepted. Your terraforming isn’t too good, but at least you have a nice decoration point, so with all that in mind i give you a 0.5
Good luck!

Thank you! It’s blatantly obvious I definently need a lot of work on terraforming. Is there anything else I should work on?