WoolWars August 2021 Update - The New Kits Event!

Hello Munchies!

Today I am happy to announce a BRAND NEW update for WoolWars - the Kits Update! A lot of new changes and additions have been done, thanks to the hard work of our developer team!

What’s new?

The entire backend of WoolWars was worked on and cleaned up, making the gamemode more efficient and able to have exciting new features added in the future that were never previously possible! For the most part, these changes are invisible to the average player, but some gameplay changes have been made which I’ll list here:

• Chest loot will now be more varied and miscellaneous items will appear more often!
  • Fireballs will now fire correctly and have a larger explosion, enabling tactics such as fireball jumping!
  • Parties can now be created by inviting someone, rather than needing to do /p create first.
  • Parties can now be set to open with /p open, allowing any player to join straight into your party without need for an invite!
  • Chests will now act as expected in Vanilla Minecraft: you can place blocks on them, open them when they’re on top of sandstone and stop other players from opening them by placing a solid block on top!
  • TNT and mobs will now spawn in the middle of the block they are placed, preventing them from getting stuck inside walls.
  • You can now bring up the kit menu with /kit during the countdown phase.
  • Kit passive potion effects (such as Bouncy’s Jump Boost 2) will no longer show particle effects.

This is just a small selection of the bug fixes and quality of life changes that have been made because of the hard work from Fumaz, DarkKnights22 and Callahan!

The New Kits Event

The backend changes aren’t the only new additions though - you may have noticed three new NPCs near the portal:

Every single game that is played will count towards the total games. Once the counter reaches 10,000 games played by the community as a whole, the first BRAND NEW KIT will be unlocked. At 20,000 games played, the second kit will unlock and the same for the third at 30,000 games played.

You’re going to want to be online when each kit unlocks to see something that’s never been done before on Munchy and is entirely unique!

When a kit is about to unlock, there will be a message sent to the announcements channel in the MunchyMC Community Discord as well as an in-game announcement.

Each of the kits are inspired from the winners of last years’ WoolWars Kit Competition and not only are extremely fun to play, but are strong enough to change the way you play WoolWars forever. Get hyped! More information about each kit will be put in this post once they release!

Special thanks to Fumaz and Callahan for their hard work fixing bugs and making WoolWars the best version of itself it can be

See you in-game!

50 Likes

first xd

5 Likes

Second

New update WOOO

4 Likes

WOOOOO NEW UPDATE :woolwars:

8 Likes

Looks Fun Ty for putting in the effort! :)

4 Likes

:woolwars: yes

7 Likes

I hope some of the bugs get fixed aswell!
Also UPDATE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4 Likes

OOOO:
(body unclear)

4 Likes

poggers

4 Likes

is that newsletter content

7 Likes

WOOOO LETS GOOOO

5 Likes

Yay Update! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Woooo

6 Likes

LETS GOOO! :woolwars:

4 Likes

we love devs :tada::tada::tada:

4 Likes

Ig we have to play for like 20 years now yay

6 Likes

Yoooo! I think this is when my kit from the comp forever ago will be implemented!

8 Likes

Wooooo! :woolwars:

11 Likes

Wool :woolwars:

5 Likes

turtle says: cool yay +1 for the cool cool devs

3 Likes