Wither balancing ideas

Hi all! So earlier today, I had set off to fight the Wither with a few others, but the thing is, the wither was all the way at y5000, where it could only be fought by ++. I’m making this post just to say how I think the Wither spawning could be fixed so that it is more accessible for normal players. After a discussion in chat, we came up with a few ways this could be fixed.

1 - An arena to fight the Wither.
This idea was highlighted by someone in chat, who thought it would be a good idea to simply have an arena where we can fight the Wither. I’m not too sure on specifics but we could do something where we can pay a certain amount of gold to fight it etc.

2 - Fixing the height it can go to.
If it is made so that the Wither can’t go past build limit, this means that us normal players would at least be able to reach the wither, although it would still be unfair since ++ have access to /fly, so maybe it would need to be adjusted anymore.

IMO the Wither also needs to spawn more frequently, in the past week I have played for 5+ hours a day, yet the Wither has only spawned once in this time frame, so I think making it be able to spawn more would be a good idea so that people actually have a chance to get a Nether Star.

Another suggestion brought up was that we could just have Nether Stars for sale. The main reason people fight the Wither is to get a nether star, so simply having them for sale may be a good idea, but then problems would arise with pricing, and richer players would be able to buy them very easily unless they were ridiculously expensive which would make it so the average player could not get one unless they grinded.

Let me know what you guys think :)

3 Likes

When I went to post this, I also noticed someone else was talking about this too, it seems lots of people would like to see this mechanic balanced as well, hopefully something can be done!

1 Like

On another server, the wither got announced in the chat, that everyone can join that area.
People were ported like 200 blocks away from the wither, but unlike the normal wither, that was more intense, I saw it as a naked, it almost killed me and it was just in render distance. xD

Add combat tagging, mobs attack you, you get combat tagged and lose fly for as long as you are combat tagged, works for mobs and players.

Seems like the market on Survival is very stiff, no fluctuations for request and supply.
When supply is high, the price should go down, no buyer to find the price will go even lower.
Same goes for the revers.
It’s possible someone wants to monopolize the nether stars for as long as fly isn’t fixed.

Yeahhhhh something needs to be done with withers. Just fought on last night with @RhysChase and we were well over 1500y

Having a NCP selling nether stars would most likey crash the nether star economy due to players just buying them and re-selling them cheaper

It’s a player based economy, server shops would ruin that

aha, didn’t see this was a necropost. Please dont reply to posts that are more than 2 weeks old if it isn’t adding something significant :flushed:

1 Like

:man_shrugging: