UhCrafty's Event Team Application

IGN:

UhCrafty

That’s kind of weird if you’re reading this trying to get my age like who does that

Timezone:

Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)

What server are you interested in? (WoolWars or KitPvP)

KitPvP

How often can you host events?

Timetable:
Sun-Thu - 4pm AEST to 10pm AEST
Fri-Sat - (usually) 2pm AEST - 2am AEST
School Holidays/Public Holidays (usually) - 2pm AEST - 2am AEST

What sets you apart from other applicants?

I believe there is 2 key aspects that set me apart from other applicants
1. Server knowledge I believe I am one of if the most knowledgeable applicant about how the server works, how it runs, the rules, ect. I’ve been a community member for many years on munchy throughout my time in several communities.
2. Accountability and not holding anything back I understand this does not make me the most mature applicant that munchy has, but I believe that being relatively unfiltered does make a good impact on munchy, even if it means at times being relatively harsh or asking uncomfortable questions.

What can you bring to MunchyMC as an Event Member?

I do genuinely believe I can be a valuable asset to the Event team. I have knowledge about World Edit, the event team, the rules, how most of the events either manual or otherwise was hosted. I enjoy hosting underappreciated events such as Snakie, and asking for unusual manual events such as anvil drop or man vs mob, rather than just asking for water drop or pig thing. I ask uncomfortable questions, which other applicants have told me personally they haven’t been able to do, and I chat with tons of the event staff behind the scenes.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

Alright application readers, you knew this one was coming. Quite honestly it’s a mixed bag. I can’t tell how strongly leaning towards one side or the other it is. What I will say though is that there are people who like me, enjoy my company, and accept the fact that I make quite a few mistakes. There are other people who dislike me wholeheartedly, and just want to see me fall no matter how much good things that I do. But, what I do believe is that I have the power to change my mistakes, and stop doing them as frequently. This application unlike my staff one back in Summer will be a testament to that.

Why do you want to be on the event team?

I have been recommended by multiple people that this is the best team for me, and I wholeheartedly agree with them. I think for me, the event team would be a perfect fun role for me, as it would bring me new challenges, new opportunities, and new friends to explore. For me, the event team has always been one of the most respectable positions on munchy, and I highly respect anyone willing for the role. I genuinely believe I can make a difference, not just in the event team but on munchy as a whole.

Give us one strength and one weakness that you have:

Strength: Knowledge
I’ve already touched on this, but I do have quite a fair bit of knowledge of the server, as well as W.E compared to my peers.
Weakness: Maturity
While I do pride myself in being relatively unfiltered, sometimes that does affect people around me, which in turn, affects myself. I need to be more conscientious in my decision making and thought process.

Give us one or more examples of an Event Member(s) doing something positive (I.E., Hosting an event when you asked, allowing you to become the slayer in RR, etc.):

If I could, I’d like to expand on this question to not only just event members doing something nice for me, but more as well centric towards this application. Of course, I will include examples of the question into my application.
@anon86933269 - Recently hosting old style brackets which was INCREDIBLY cool and nice of her.
@SkoPie - Being understanding of when cheater’s make events unfair and rebalancing teams.
@CatTech - Being an amazing former event member and being an amazing mentor towards me.
@Joedaboss @AltyF4 - Encouraging me to apply for this role
@iNateCo - Hosting an SG game for prizes
@igotchu - Hosting HG games
@Mddey - Listening to several of my suggestions for events
I’ve probably missed tons of people. If I have, shoot me a DM Crafty#0161 and I’ll be sure to edit my application to include you!

Anything else you would like to add:
Just, Thank you. To Badboyhalo, to the staff team, to the event team, to the management team, to the community, and to you who is reading this. You’ve been so leniant and kind and friendly towards me, and that’s most likely the reason why I’ve stuck around for 4 years now. It’s been an incredibly long and bumpy ride, and I haven’t been perfect throughout all of it, but thank you.
Just one more thing, there is plenty of things I can work on, approve upon, ect. If I get offered the event role, it would be an amazing day in my life. The aim of this application is to put my self out there, and put my application forward. I am not the best applicant, but it would be amazing if I could have a shot at the role.
Thank you all for this amazing opportunity
-Crafty

Edit log:
1: Added iNateCo and igotchu to event member’s that did something nice!
2: Due to popular demand, I’ve removed colours from the application. Enjoy actually being able to read it lol.
3: Fixed an editing error
4: Fixed another editing error
5: Made the application easier to read, as per @noriskss’s request
6: Fixed an editing error
7: Removed unnecessary wording from the application
8: Added @Mddey to the event member list
9: Changed ign to UhCrafty

2 Likes

crafty is a really cool person and he is active, i think he would be a nice canditate

2 Likes

+1

• Very active
  • A lot of knowledge on events

Good luck!

3 Likes

Plusone Avoid Member. :))

GOOD LUCK!

1 Like

+1

blinded my eyesight with that font color

1 Like

Good luck Crafty !

1 Like

+1, I know I haven’t been in munchy recently, but the times I was online, we had fun, he showed actual maturity and has grown as a person.

Also Thanks for @ing me

1 Like

-1, I do not believe you have shown a considerable increase in maturity since your previous staff application. I think you should spend a bit more time working on that

Best of luck,
~Ice

4 Likes

nope. i don’t think you’re currently fit for a staff position like this. your personality is so fake but i do think you are knowledgeable of events. minus one lmao also ur colored thing is so cringe bro.

Hey Zal, thanks for your feedback.

I’ve tried to be as honest and transparent in this application as possible, but I apologise if it isn’t coming off as genuine. Also just a reminder this is not a staff position.

2 Likes

an extension of the staff team is a part of the staff team

All these colors are making my eyes hurt

+1 YES.

1 Like

Your application does not lack tons of detail but I’m having a hard time reading your application since it’s basically all cramped together.

I’d try to make it easier to read such as putting spaces between the question and your answer. For Example:

Instead of:

Why won’t you put a little space in between so it looks like this:

What sets you apart from other applicants?

I believe there is 2 key aspects that set me apart from other applicants

I think you get my point.

Overall I will rate your application

+1

I will however change that, if you’d be so kind to edit your application.

Ily Crafty :heart:

1 Like

Ty for your feedback Henry, will implement when I have time

1 Like

@noriskss I have fixed it :crab:

1 Like

Reason for my rating is as follows:

• Maturity: Not the most mature of people, but you are improving. I am able to tell you’re improving because you show that you realize that it is a thing you need to work on.
  • Personal Thought: I haven’t had any bad interactions with you, but have seen interactions between you and others and they were mostly negative.

Final Rating: -0.25

4 Likes

my interactions with you have been limited, but for the most part, they’ve been negative with little to no reason.
this is also apparently the case with others from what ive witnessed.
nonetheless good luck.

Still kind of neutral about my rating, since I do believe you have made a change for the better though I can’t ignore your past, so I probably won’t be rating your application this season.

However, I will ask you a little question.

Why do you think this is a good quality to have?

11 Likes

I believe that asking questions should be encouraged. To elaborate, I mean that if there’s a question that the answer to would provide me valuable knowledge moving forward, I would ask it. When you do not ask, you deliberately put your self in a disadvantage, it makes “an ass out of you and me”.