UhCrafty's Event Team Application

Regardless of what anyone here thinks of you as a person, absolutely no one can disagree with the fact that you refuse to quit. So off the bat there’s one good thing about you.

The first time we ever talked was on Hypixel and I had never heard of you. Yet you knew who I was and you decided to have a conversation with me. So here’s two more good things I know about you through my own personal experience that few can argue against: you have good server knowledge, and you’re friendly.

When I had first wrote to you here it was on a previous application. I had said that you are moving from someone who is childish and has little thought to what they say, to someone who is more thoughtful about what the words they say and the actions they take. I think that trend continues today and you’re less combative towards what people say and instead more understanding. So although not everyone will agree, I think another good thing about you is that you’re trying to show improvement.

Following up the last paragraph, I once said this in one of my own applications:

If I can prove I can overcome a fault, how would you know a person who’s never had a fault, overcome it themselves?

I think it says a lot when someone takes the time to not only recognize the wrongs of their actions but take steps to actively improve on it. When I made this argument my thinking was that those who have never showed real fault and have never been in a “bad spot” for once are not as valuable as those who have made mistakes here but have rebounded. This shows true resolve in comparison to someone who has never been tested.

Whether you agree with me on this or not, Munchy leadership has a history of showing forgiveness to those who have shown they can overcome their previous wrongdoings. There have been incredibly immature people who have then become staff. There have been cheaters yet Munchy chooses to look past that. Therefore it’s not entirely fair to fault someone who has shown remorse and taken the time to take accountability for themselves.

On the subject of accountability and similar:

I think people are confused about what’s being said here. I have no idea what you mean by “uncomfortable questions” but the way I interpret this is that you’re unafraid to say what you think even if it affects your standing with others. I think fundamentally the problem doesn’t lie with you (the one not afraid to speak out) but rather the people who choose to let your good faith affect them negatively, either through a lack of understanding or because they’d rather take the blue pill and be satisfied with a subpar environment of complacency and ignorance. If you don’t understand what I mean, see Blue Pill or Red Pill. Free thinkers (or “those who take the red pill”) are infinitely more valuable than those who would rather stay silent in fear of being rejected. There’s an art to this and I could go on and on. If you’re reading this and you’re not Crafty, first to send me a message I will buy you something from the munchy store fifteen or less. That being said, people like this, that are willing to contribute their thoughts no matter what, should be valued highly. It is a formidable trait that I don’t see a lot and the fact that you highlight this as a strength should be taken as a huge advantage.

I’m confident that if you are confident and you continue to improve, you will be rewarded rightly. I already told you what doesn’t belong in this application, which does not show confidence. You have to be confident in yourself firstly if you want to reach your goals. Other than that, I hope to see you succeed.

5 Likes

This is… deep and true.

Thank you so much Cat, you’re amazing… was my initial response to this.

But, I think your reply deserves a bit more than just that. You’ve been a tremendous help to me in my highs, and in my lows. I cannot thank you enough for what you have done for me.

Cat, you have been unfairly cast aside by the current community, and I think I may be the only one here who has the mental capacity to understand not only what you have done for me, but for others as well.

You’ve taken so much crap from this community, and from the last one. And it’s to the point where people were outright making stupid forum posts expressing their dismay at your reasonable decisions as an event member, and as one of the greatest community and staff members.

But, what I’m truly the most thankful for you for is the amount of hope you’ve given me. You’ve given me hope ever since I’ve met you, continuing to spread helpful information my way and let me look up instead of down.

I apologise for waffling on, it is my application after all. :joy_cat:

Thank you, CatTech. Good luck in whatever choice of action you make from here on out.

And of course, thank you for your military service, continuing to keep this uncertain world safe no matter the cost.

3 Likes

(edit)
after talking with you in dms I have decided that I will change my rating to a +.25 good luck gamer

1 Like