Toxicity ~ My opinion on it

Hello MunchyMC community, welcome to my thread!
This thread will be about toxic players and my opinion on the situation.

Toxicity is something you can sadly find in all games. So far the players of this community have been good to me and I hope others can say the same. Although, recently I have been reading some more threads about this topic and rude players.

If you are being toxic, please just stop. It’s not helping anyone in the situation and can hurt others as well as make you look bad. As you can see, it’s not beneficial for any of the parties.

If someone is being toxic to you, please use /report or take a screenshot and post in the report section in the discord, or on the forums in the report section.

I don’t believe that there is such thing as a perfect community, but there are enough good figures in this community that you can bond with in good conversation as well as enjoy a good game. The staff here are all very open and have provided me with good service.

If someone is being rude in game or in real life, in some cases it’s still considered bullying. I have also seen a complaint on a player who has mentioned stuff about another users body, and making them too uncomfortable for them to even mention the rest. This is considered sexual harassment. It’s no longer just “you’re bad” or just things critiquing your game skill.

Whether it’s a joke or not, some people need to realize at the end of the day, it’s still a block game called Minecraft that children play. I’m not saying I’m not a child, what I’m saying is that some people are educated on a lot of inappropriate topics and shouldn’t be exposed to them in any shape or form through this game.

If you send a message that could possibly be negatively intriguing to others, or insulting in anyway, whether it’s a joke or not, you need to make sure to check it for things that can hurt one or another.

Most of the people that play this game play it for entertainment which should be kept as a positive thing. I ask all of you to please keep the negativity out of the game. Thank you!

:sunglasses: dont be toxic
be like me :sunglasses:

3 Likes

no comment :joy:

I’m not saying that you copied me! but I like that you put your opinion so some people learn their lessons!

I do appreciate the people that make this community a great place to be. However, I believe that the toxicity levels have decreased, especially compared to what they used to be. It used to feel like a server-wide plague of some sort! Fortunately for us, these people have since either quit or cleaned up their act- which is a great thing for new players but an even better thing for the community’s wellbeing!

#kevingangreformed :sunglasses:

7 Likes

#reformedserver :triumph:

2 Likes

Im not Toxic

People are going to be toxic on any game, as all games can be frustrating as well as fun. I’m not saying it’s ok, but some people decide to express their feelings in words. I respect what you’re doing, however I doubt you asking people to stop being toxic will make a difference.

The server’s toxicity levels have definitely improved from the last year or two, but there will be no way for a server to be completely non-toxic without losing the competitive element of the game. Competitiveness causes toxicity.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve noticed on Munchy there aren’t a lot of really toxic players, there’s just a few people who need to chill.