ThyCosmos' staff application spring 2020

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes, I first joined MunchyMC in June of last year

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes, I use OBS to record and all the reports i make are unlisted on my YouTube channel.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:

Yes, I have Teamspeak, and I am online there daily.

IGN:

I have recently changed my name back to thycosmos, but it was Cowosmos for the past month, here are both my MunchyMc profile and NameMc

https://www.munchymc.com/profile/thycosmos

Wouldn’t you like to know, weatherboy.

Timezone:

BST

Languages Spoken:

English

Server you would like to moderate:

I would like to moderate Survival for now as I believe it requires the most moderation at the moment because of the amount of new players coming right now. However, I would like to also mention I am active on KitPvP as well.

How active can you be per week?

My activity is subject to change based on what I am doing, but on average I can play around 4 hours a weekday and around 8 on both Saturday and Sunday. Attached below are the times i can ussualy play (all these times are in BST)
Monday - 16:00 - 21:00
Tuesday - 16:00 - 21:00
Wednesday - 16:00 - 20:00
Thursday - 16:00 - 21:00
Friday - 16:00 - 22:00
Saturday - 12:00 - 22:00
Sunday - 11:00 - 21:00

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?

I first joined Munchy on the 22nd of July 2019 and stayed for a few reasons. Firstly, I started off by playing KitPvP and just really enjoyed both the community and the game mode. However, when survival was reset I shifted my attention there because of mostly the community, I just find survival a nice place to be.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:

The only punishment I have was a 5-minute mute given to me by Examiner for being spammy in August of last year. All the other punishments I have were just jokes from staff.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

Yes, for the past 4 months I have been a helper on survival, I learned a lot about chat moderation from this, as well as how the server works moderation wise.

Obsidian Survival/Factions
On this server i started by applying for helper and rose up to Head-Mod (Helper-Mod-Mod±Head-Mod)
Obsidian is a SMP/Factions server with an average of 10 players. I mainly moderated the SMP side of the server and it was a great place to get used to moderating. My role as head-mod was mostly to manage the lower staff (Helpers, mods and mod-pluses) I learnt a lot from this, and got to grips with plugins such as super vanish, core protect and other moderation tools. I racked up quite a few bans before I left which included people using Xray, Jesus, KA, fly to name a few. However, a while back I resigned from all my roles there as the management team was constantly arguing and I didnt like the way it was run.

Evidence of a ban from there: https://youtu.be/bP0l__001XI

I have also had mod on some other servers, however im not mentioning them as i either didn’t learn much from them or I didn’t enjoy my time there

Do you have any anticheat experience?

Other than the anti X-ray plugin which was used in obsidian (which alerted the staff member when a player found an ore and the timespan between ores) I do not have any anti cheat experience. However I am familiar with how Ares works and I hope I would quickly be able to pick it up.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

I rarely record nowadays because I always just mention it to whoever’s on, however I have attached below three reports, one using phase which was dealt with by RossRao, one using x-ray dealt with by RhysChase and one using fly dealt with by Ibby.

https://youtu.be/ns9J-BRJZzk
https://youtu.be/KeX5_RYi2rM
https://youtu.be/58RnUtnKrzE

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?

I actively post ideas for the server and report any bugs I find on the discord. I also have the event rank on KitPvP and host events regularly to make it a more fun environment. I also moderate the chat on survival, which includes answering questions, warning inappropriate chat etc. Although non of these things are major contributions i believe it helps make the server a better place little by little.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?

I think that Munchy would benefit from my activity, knowledge of hacks and how to detect them and just someone willing to put a lot of time and effort in to make the server a better place. Although i haven’t had staff on a server as large as Munchy before i still have dealt with a wide variety or situations so i think I would be able to handle issues efficiently and fairly.

How do you work when in a team?

I believe I work very well in a team because of the amount of team reliant work I have done. My work in teams, Minecraft wise, goes from little things such as build competitions to having to manage the staff team on Obsidian. I also think I have a good relationship with a lot of the survival staff team (well at least I hope I do :sweat_smile:)

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?

From my experiences with hackers, Xray is by far the hardest hack to detect for survival. An experienced X-rayer can make it extremely difficult for staff to catch them. When I first got into moderating I found it very difficult to spot the X-rayers from normal players, however now I can catch them out alot easier.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?

Last season I was denied for maturity reasons, which looking back at it was a fair reason. My TS conduct wasn’t very good and since then I have greatly improved and strictly follow the rules there now. The season before that there wasn’t a specific reason I was denied, I was just relatively new to the server at that point.

Thank you for reading my application!

-Cosmos

7 Likes

+1

• Active
  • Friendly

gl cosmos :smile:

1 Like

Definite +1!
I have seen you around a lot and you’ve done fantastic as a Helper! Very friendly and mature, and they have a a well-made application!

2 Likes

+1
nice and helpfull
Good luck Cosmos :smiley:

1 Like

Ty Dan, PitKit and SkysTheLimit26 :heart: it means alot!

+1
Very friendly and helpful, he deserves it!

1 Like

+1
Very kind and friendly, gl!

1 Like

Thank you @thatowovibe and @Loc0_Choc0, means a lot :smile:

+1
active, friendly and helpful, always positive even when i call them an egg
<3

1 Like

+1

• Active player
  • Good application
  • Very friendly player

Best of luck!<3
-AlluTheVallu

1 Like

+1
Great staff member, deserves JMod. Goodluck cosmos :D

1 Like

You need to work on your jokes

9 Likes

+1 owo don’t listen to ross

1 Like

Ty everyone, especially @RossRao, i mean thats probably the nicest thing you are capable of saying.

1 Like

-1 has owo in their name.

+1

I’ve seen you very active even if I don’t know you all too well.

1 Like

+1
He is very epic and active helper. Cosmos has been a helper for a long time and he knows his way around survival. Good luck Cosmos!

2 Likes

Ty Cj and Kami! Also thanks for saying I’m epic @CJPuff :sunglasses:

I may have skipped the prerequisite questions :sweat_smile: added them now

1 Like

+1
Really nice and active

I wish you the best of luck!
:grin:

1 Like

+1

• You’re incredibly active nowadays.
  • You have a friendly and likeable personality.
  • Your application could use more detail, but overall great application nonetheless!

Best of luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like