The truth of ip address’

If you think public ip address’ are the most sensitive data or near important you’re greatly mistaken. An public IP address in short terms is just a bunch of numbers assigned to computer network. Now this is the reason why you can join a p2p service (not pay2play or player vs player but instead it stands of peer to peer) in order for you to connect in a website that involves a peer2peer service (aka the one you’re on) Now you may wonder why do we need a ip, it serves its purpose of host or network interface identification and location addressing .

Now what happens if your ip address has been grabbed? how do we know if your ip is grabbed? in short terms, every p2p service GRABS YOUR IP. the munchymc server grabbed your ip, this website grabbed your ip, and that means, they have your ip.

Is it something to worry about if someone has your ip? what are the consequences of someone having your ip? can my ip be changed?
The very few things you should be worry about of someone having your up address is, your ip is utterly useless, it only shows your ISP location (that can be 100 miles away or be the state over) Your isp location can show your general location and that’s the closest a ipfinder can get. Now if he had a government tool of this matter, you’re pretty much a sitting vulnerable duck, nothing you can do but the government is pretty tight on security so it doesn’t matter to worry.

What happens if i get dos/ddos? if your using some thing like at&t, you’re in luck, with a simple tug and push to restart your modem, your wifi should be back to normal with a new different ip address. Now let’s say you have comcast, you would need to contact your ISP provider in order to get a new ip, but you would need to make up a good excuse if you want them to change your ip. BUT, comcast offers dynamic ip address and at&t, Why do we need 2 separate methods to change our ip? will it’s simple, it comes down package you had purchase, and other stuff involved like businesses. Since your wifi provider has a dynamic ip, it doesn’t mean it requires a simple restart to change your ip.

Oh i also forgot, if you hate talking to the phone, if you leave your modem unplugged for a couple days some times you ip address would reset and change, so that’s the last way u would like your wifi to be changed.

No one asked for this thread, but i like to clarify things, hopefully correctly.

2 Likes

:neutral_face: I’m really confused because this is a Minecraft server forum but OK.

4 Likes

lmfao. yea it’s just people in minecraft think the opposite but still. i see it on munchymc

Opposite of what?

oh u didn’t read the thread? ouch, my poor fingers on this small screen aka the phone just time wasted, but if u didn’t read, people think ip address are important but they aren’t