Teaming in wool wars

It’s so annoying. Some may say “I like the challenge” but for the people who aren’t good enough to 2v1, its really annoying. They are bound to lose a 2v1. There is only one simple thing that I can think of, make it not allowed to team. If there are any other suggestions, please tell me them. I understand it’s a part of the game, but it’s an unfair part of the game.

3 Likes

When the teams mode comes out, teaming in solo will be banned. I agree it’s a little annoying for the time being.

7 Likes

It’s a bit annoying I suppose. A few things I will say though:

• If I’m teaming, it’s because I’m in a voice chat with one of my friends, or happen to see them online.
  • I think something that people who haven’t teamed a lot before have to understand that when people team they get a ton of grief for it. More than one time have I been told “You’re gonna get banned!” or “you’re not good enough to win on your own, so you have to team! Ha!” both of which are very simply not true.
    Personally if someone is teaming, I stick up for them (saying teaming is allowed and that they are free to do it, etc) because I know how frustrated other people get over it.
    Honestly, I think once teams mode in woolwars comes out, it’ll solve a lot of these problems, and make the game more fun to play for everyone :D.
3 Likes

I complained the same thing about the casual game mode in another game, the only 1v1v1v1 mode that gives the most exp. Edit: I proposed to temporarily ban them from non-teaming game modes.
I got replies like “that’s why it is called casual” or “then become a one-man army”,
I can only reply “no, it’s casual, not friendly 2v2” or “the guys I mentioned are each a one-man army”.

That’s actually a valid point in that game, the teamers throw each other off the stage, they gain points mostly on each other’s death and rack up at least a 20 points difference to the second place.
Or the teamers make team-combos, throwing the prey to each other in light attacks like seen in one of those compilation videos, but the compilation videos are made in 2v2 game modes.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion but I think teaming being allowed in solos is a good, permanent solution (only if its capped at 2 people on a team). Duos just wouldn’t fill up, and the people who’d play it who otherwise would queue into solos would make THAT queue take longer. They could even add some event that would happen at least once a day where everyone would be put into teams of two. I just feel like splitting the already small community wouldn’t be beneficial.

1 Like

They would have to release updates, and keep up tournaments or bigger events before they release teams. It is pretty much confirmed to be coming, but they would have to really up the player count, which the staff team doesn’t seem to concerned about. But wool wars is on a rise. Especially with the tournament that happened today. They need to bang out updates soon to keep it at it’s new peak, then they could add teams. I feel a lot of people don’t team because they don’t know if it’s allowed or not (even though there is a sign, nobody reads it.). There could be a lot of hype for teams if they do it well, which leads to solo queues to have no teamers at all, completely eliminating this situation. The devs are hard at work to fix the lag, so that is going to be a problem. Either way, teaming is going to be a problem until teams release.

1 Like

Solos in Duo Team mode can be a thing as a challenge, but not the opposite.

On a small server, but Woolwars is popular, so Duo mode with or without random teams doesn’t immediately result in an unpopular mode, simply because you think so.

Teaming in Solos will still be a problem because these people, like in my previous comment, will not go against each other till the very end, they’ll take out anyone else and if they do meet each other, they’ll turn a blind eye, unless they’re the last 2.
In 2015, I had a huge problem at exposing teamers in bedwars, because they only acted like they are not teamed and were aware of each other’s position all the time to never meet, even one time one of them just started packing up his things into the enderchest and get killed by the other, just to get the same gear out of the enderchest and I believe was the way to give their mate the needed gold (hypixel emeralds) to be on equal footing and THEN take each other’s beds.
I don’t remember their names, but that match is burned into my brain of what the moderation team at the time weren’t able to see.
And then a youtuber was playing bedwars in 2019, he didn’t build a bridge and got banned for teaming because he didn’t build that bridge. Guess they started to learn bedwars-chess.

I’m late to the party, but I thought I would supply my opinion.

I completely agree with @Emublockmaster here that teamers get a lot of greif during games. This is coming from someone who teams with Emu whenever we are on a voice chat together and is consistently yelled at in chat for enjoying the game with my freind.

To add something to consider to the conversation:
This is simply my opinion, but even though Mr_Egel argues that some people aren’t skilled enough to deal with teamers, there are ways to beat them without taking on a 2v1 if you play your cards right, meaning you don’t need to be an expert at the game and you just need to play smart.

To anyone who can beat a teamer (without being toxic):
Mad respect. I mean that. If you can take out teamers without tricking them into typing in chat and killing them, or anything like that, you have to be a boss at the game. Also if you aren’t toxic you’re honestly just a good person and thanks, I appreciate ya.

Sorry about ranting. I also believe that a doubles mode will solve so many problems, and when it comes out everything will be so much better.

4 Likes