Targeting on KitPvP (Rant/Discussion)

Okay, so, I used to really enjoy the KitPvP gamemode. Although I am a woolwars main, I’d still spend a lot of my time on Kit.
Over the last month, however, I have not been enjoying the gamemode. This is because there are four players who like to hardcore target me whenever they and I are online at the same time. Three of these four are extremely active.
This is a big problem for me, as I am not fantastic at PvP and all four of them are. The first time someone decided to target me, I asked them why in chat but then a player told me that saying things to them is not the best way to go, no matter how friendly you were, it still shows them that it’s bothering you. I no longer react at all in chat yet 3 more players have decided to target me.
It’s ruining the gamemode for me, and I am wondering if anything can be done about it.
I am fully aware that targeting is allowed, but it can be a bit tough and fun-sapping to be targeted all the time.
I have tried everything recommended to me by friends, so the forums is the last place I will come for advice.
If anyone has any ideas, then please tell me, as I really do enjoy KitPvP.
Thanks,

• Jamie
13 Likes

I think that excessive targeting should be made punishable because it discourages people to fight in the Casual world and overall play on KitPVP. Otherwise you can just stay off KitPVP for a couple of weeks and come back later. This worked for me atleast. I do hope that something is done about targeting though.

6 Likes

Thank you Baddie. I tried a week’s break but to no avail, so I might spend the next few weeks away from kit. My activity on the server in general might decrease due to this, as I normally play kit when I get a bit bored on woolwars, and it kind of refreshes me and allows me to go back to woolwars, but I think overall it will be worth it if it gets these people away.

3 Likes

You could still talk to players in chat ^^

3 Likes

Usually people target others because the targeted angered the targeter. Maybe talk with the people that are targeting you on discord and ask them why exactly they are targeting you and if they could stop, if you know Iheir discord ofc. If you can’t find a solution to this, there is another option; get an alt account. If not, you can always ask some friends that are good at pvp to help you team up against them.

1 Like

I did ask why originally but was told to shut up so I did. I think getting an alt is a bit extreme as all I want to do is enjoy the game. I think I’ll just take a break for a bit and see if anything is done.

2 Likes

Going on a hiatus will do nothing unless they magically get a change of heart. I’ve also been in a position where I target people because they’ve angered me, some clans literally have a hit list as to who they will target if they are online. Even if getting an alt is a bit extreme, you would be able to enjoy the game mode. Don’t get me wrong, targeting is pretty fun, but I’ve also been in the targeted position when I used to be toxic. I could not take 5 steps without getting killed by xdjose or some other person. (Me and xDJose are on good terms now :smiley: ) Even if they tell you to shut up, I strongly recommend not to.

Hmm okay. Thank you Drake! The reason I’m confused about why I’m being targeted is because I’m not toxic or anything. I might look into getting an alt! Cheers for the help.

• Jamie
3 Likes

lol sadly this is allowed and literally nobody cares if its done. yesterday & today i started playing kitpvp again because i heard the new prison map is releasing and guess what! people waiting to target me right as i step out of spawn after not playing for 3-4 months! did you just assume they were ordinary players? oh no my friend, they were very far from it: https://gyazo.com/6499702f32a853235083a3b44b72f9fc

every staff member you can see in THIS screenshot was waiting for me to leave spawn & all of them were doing it simultaneously so you can just guess how that went.: https://gyazo.com/9a7fd6b7b0545839c9ea457b47f398c6

there’s nothing that can be done about this, my advice is just keep fighting them because people who do this usually only care about killing people and if they die themselves they get extremely upset - the trick is to care about IMPROVING yourself and not caring about deaths, after all tanking 7 people at once and learning how to quickdrop them is an extremely useful skill in souppvp, is it not?

btw gg @finessedkid @Serioux @Gawkyy @igotchu @Jqkke @NoEffortName very close fights!

2 Likes

From my experience, saying things like “Why did you target me”, “Stop crossteaming” will only encourage them to do it more, because they get a reaction out of you. This happens to me in bedwars, but it applies to all aspects of life. If you give them a reaction, they’ll continue trying to make you angry/ruin the game. That’s my take on it.

3 Likes

And this is why I’m not sure what to do. Different people have different advice. I try not to react, and normally don’t, yet they still do it.

2 Likes

I disagree, showing no reaction does nothing to them, whenever I targeted and killed someone and they said nothing, I didn’t care and continued targeting them. If anything, it makes them want to target you even more. They are looking for a reaction, if they don’t get one than they will continue to target you. I mean, it really depends on who’s targeting Jamie.

Jamie mind dm’ing me so I could try to help?

2 Likes

Who wants to sign up as JamieDactyl’s bodyguards?

4 Likes

Message 82602#1352 on discord. I might be able to help :>

Yes, the ‘legit’ clan is a horrendous example of this.

4 Likes

It’s just part of a game there is a reason for clans
Clans v clans if targeting
Just keep it Onna dedlocs

1 Like

My advice to you is to make friends that are like god at pvp, and since Your such a kind person it wouldn’t be that hard :DDD.
Also I know how it feels to be targeted. Since im not the best at pvp and have such a horrable mouse ppl take advantage of it. What I do is i just leave kit go to woolwars kill some people so I feel happy and then go back to kit and hopefully they are gone. Anyway I hope that you can enjoy kit again and if you ever need a horrable body guard im right here :)))

3 Likes

Just find the enemies of your enemies that also happen to be better at pvp than them, or just literally 10v1 the people with a group of friends even if they’re bad at pvp lol

Targeting is a part of the game, but if things start getting out of hand, like actual hate being thrown around, then contact staff

You have a clan, just tell them to bodyguard you for 10 minutes until the targeters go away. I will say, it’s really easy to beat a 1 v Many situation with soup, but it’s worth a shot

4 Likes

when i used to get targetted i would just go shrek and annoy the person so much that they stop. like i would keep running and climbing and they wouldnt hit me. then as soon as they leave i would throw them. OR if they are fighting i would just pick them up and throw them. that will make them annoyed because they cant get kills with you around so they will want to truce. that worked for me A LOT.

8 Likes

unless the people targeting are staff… yikes

legit dont know how half of the staff on kit got where they’re at right now… they’re so toxic, immature and set a bad example for new players its unreal

3 Likes

Targetinh is normal just get into a clan and they’ll help you lmao

3 Likes