Tankuu's Staff Application

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes! I began playing early 2016 (as seen on my profile), although I have become more active since early June of this year.

Some people, if not most, will most likely not know me or recognize me. I tend not to type in chat too much unless it’s towards a specific person or if I’m asking a question. Although I have participated in events, so if you’ve seen me that’s cool!

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes I can! I have OBS, and a Blue Yeti microphone, giving good quality audio.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
Yes! I have it downloaded and installed already and I am familiar with using it. I’m actually in MunchyMC’s Teamspeak as of writing this :smile:

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: Tankuu

Timezone: EST (GMT-5)

Languages Spoken: English is my primary language and I have three years of experience with French.

How active can you be per week?
I can be active up to at least 2 hours a day. I tend to spend a lot of my time on the computer, and a good amount of that time is Minecraft-related.
I can be on anywhere from 8 am to 9 pm EST, those are my typical hours.
On weekends, I’m on anywhere from 10 am to 11 pm EST.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?
I joined MunchyMC in early 2016. I remember spending time on mostly the survival server (don’t quote me on that, I was 14 I don’t remember :stuck_out_tongue:). Though, at some point I must have stopped playing.

When quarantine began, I got into watching a whole lot of Minecraft YouTubers, BadBoyHalo included. He reminded me that the server existed, and I joined again to check it out. Seeing as it was entirely renewed (at least from what I remember), I decided to get into it. My favorite gamemodes are survival and wool wars, and prisons comes at a decent third place.

As I was chatting with people, I came to realize that there wasn’t a single rude soul. Everyone seemed so nice to me, answered my questions, and were just genuinely great people. It was surprising to be honest, as I thought they would all be memesters like in Bad’s streams. The few staff I have interacted with are quite nice too, and that’s always a great aspect of any community.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:
I do not! At least… that I know of :cold_sweat:

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:
Yes, I have several experiences of moderation:

• I have previously been the owner of two Minecraft servers that only got around 50 players each. This was around when I was 15.
  • I have been the Head Admin of a Discord server of over 1,000 members (Hopeful Undertone, a mental-health based server).
  • I have been a Super Admin (3rd highest rank to Head Admin) of a roleplay community of over 1,000 players and around 200 active players. This community had a growing forums page as well as a Garry’s Mod server with completely custom addons to allow an immersive experience. It was known as Concordia Gaming, now shut down.
  • I have previously owned a Discord server of around 200 members, which is now shut down.
  • I have used many staff plugins as well as developed one of my own (a permissions plugin) quite recently.

Do you have any anticheat experience?
I have some experience, though not typically with Minecraft anti-cheats. I am aware of the cheats that can be used in Minecraft as well as exploits, and I know how I would stop them, though I am not familiar with the plugins for Minecraft. Although, I am a very fast learner!

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
There are no reports that I have recorded, although there are a few reports that I have reported in-game. I never needed to record them as there was staff on at the time that were able to handle the situations. The reports I made were mostly just rulebreakers, and I believe there was one hacker.

The main reason I have no reports recorded are due to the fact that I don’t really play KitPVP all too much, which is where I assume hackers are. In Wool Wars, I just play for fun and have not noticed any hacks at all. In survival I’m doing my own thing, and in prisons I hide from people :sweat_smile:

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?
As a non-staff member, there isn’t a lot that one can contribute. Although, I have attempted to help as many people as I can.

Throughout my play-time, I tend to answer people’s questions in chat, as well as provide positivity and moral support :slight_smile:.

If someone needs help, and I can provide it, then I try to provide said help. For example, today in TeamSpeak (this coincidentally just happened), someone was asking how TeamSpeak worked, how to change the voices, etc. I answered each question (if I knew the answer) and even learned in the process.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?
I have experience with management as well as moderation, and I’m a fast learner. I can keep myself calm and I’m patient, allowing me to handle most situations well. I can easily get determined, showing I will work hard as the position if I need to!

I personally believe I am mature, although that is up to you to decide. I can understand people very well, which allows me to handle situations easier, especially if the person is more difficult to deal with.

As well as this, I have experience with Java, and experience with coding mods and plugins. The benefit of this is that I have some familiarity with how Minecraft’s code works (of course not the source code), which means I can discover exploits and glitches and learn how to counteract them.

How do you work when in a team?
I work well as a follower, and well as a leader. It’s also quite useful to work as equals among each other.

If I have a high position, I try to act as a role model for those below me. If I have a lower position, I look up to those above me.

I have experience with being in large teams, most of which I managed to get to the point of leadership in one way or another.

While working within teams, I have noticed many benefits! Brainstorming ideas, training others, learning from others, gaining relationships, and so much more.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?
I have never applied for staff before in this community.

3 Likes

Though I don’t think I’ve met you in game, you definitely make up for it in the detail in your application. One of the best I’ve seen so far! The only thing I would change is adding one or two reports of hackers, these can easily be found on purgatory. I still don’t know if it’s mandatory though, so it’s just a suggestion.

+1

Good Luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I honestly don’t think I should do it with purgatory, as there are bound to be hackers on purgatory and that doesn’t really show off my skills of being able to identify when cheats are being used.

1 Like

+0.5, I would give a +1, but I have never seen you on survival or any other gamemodes.

App is quite detailed though, So i gave 0.5.

1 Like

Thank you for the response!
I have no rank on the server so it is difficult to find me seeing as my name is grey, and as well as that I only type in chat when I feel it’s necessary (e.g. talking to someone directly, asking questions, answering questions). I’m in the TeamSpeak quite often though, although no one really joins :frowning:

1 Like

I mean, do you notice me… :eyes:

If your IGN is the same as your forums name, I don’t think I have. Although we can change that if you would like to!

My IGN is the same as my forums name ;p

Then I haven’t seen you, at least on survival.

(Also what I meant by the last sentence was that we could talk if you would like, sorry if that was worded wrongly :sweat_smile:)

Ok. Next time your on say “is EvilPrisoner132 stupid” and whoever says yes call them stupid

please

Hahaha, that seems quite rude to call people stupid though.

ok call them um… weird

Your application is very detailed and I feel like I know you from it! You seem very mature too. I haven’t seen you online, but that is probably just me. Your past experiences, even beyond Minecraft, are a huge plus. +1 from me!

Good application. Great detail!

Good Luck!

+1

1 Like

Thank you so much!

+1 gl on staff

1 Like

I’m going to have to stay neutral on this.

While you seem nice and your application is really well written, I can’t say that I’ve seen you online, and I’ve been active on this account for 7 months now.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the reply!

I don’t tend to type all too often in the chat which may be a reason why, but I’m starting to talk more and I’m starting to make friends!

I will try to be on more often so I can get to know you, I’m in the TS quite often as well. (You may recognize me as someone that sells price banners or other custom banners on the auction, idk :P)

Thank you for the criticism, I’ll make sure to be a bit more active! Let me know if you ever wanna talk in TS!

+.80

Reasons

• Chill and nice guy to talk to.
  • Detailed application.
  • No grammar mistakes.
  • Mature
  • Only reason I’m taking away .20 is because I think you should try to get known in the community before applying, but that’s just what I think.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Thank you for the response!

I am definitely working on getting to know the community more. It may take a bit since I tend to be shy but I’ll get there eventually :slight_smile:

What prompted me to apply was that I was told by a staff member that a detailed application can make your chances of getting accepted higher even without knowing the entire community. Seeing as my only fault was not knowing the community all to well, I decided to make an application and then get to know the community at the same time!

So basically they said that it doesn’t really matter if you aren’t well-known. Either way I want to get myself well-known so if I do by chance get accepted, I won’t be as shy with the interview, other staff members, etc. But if I don’t get accepted, next season I will be well-known so I will be able to apply again with higher chances!

3 Likes