Survival ideas; claims

Hello, it’s idea time.

So on the MunchyMC discord, Ibby asked about what changes we would make to claims if we were able to do so. That got me thinking and I gave a couple of my ideas there. Here I wish to go into depth about the ideas I gave and add some more possibly.

A town System
This idea is basically a claim within a claim. On survival there are quite a few towns which look lovely. Though such a town often has issues like gaps between claims or this and that. A big claim in which smaller claims can be build would make this look cleaner and prevent griefing. This system will also allow for player held build battles, which would be a lot of fun. The host wouldn’t have to worry about griefing all that much in this case.

Player - Block interaction
This idea is one I personally really want. An option that allows players to interact with levers, pressure plates, doors and whatsnot. If for example you built a city and still want other players to be able to freely explore then this option would certainly be appreciated. Above all it is once again, very useful for events. Of course there are clan claims where this is possible, but that’s a clan claim. Not your private claim. If you’re in a clan and you’re not the leader you won’t be able to do much. You would need to create your own clan and spend who knows how many tokens and claim blocks before that’s clan claims are a possibility.

Private claims
Let’s say you are working on a big project for a build comp or don’t want others in your industrial district. Claim banning everyone one by one is too much work. Private claims would be the solution for this. Of course a whitelist feature would be nice to have with this too.

Event tpall
This one is mostly for hosting events. A /claim tpall command. This would be useful for hosting events and needing everyone in one spot. Though it might also get abused tbf…

Co-Owner
As we all know we can add players to our claim by using the /claim addmember command. These players will be able to place, break and interact with blocks. This idea I had goes a bit further than that.
Basically the original owner of the claim can make someone the co-owner. This person will be able to change settings within the claim, expand it or even add/remove normal claim members.
Of course this idea relies a bit heavily on trust, I believe it would work.

Claim banall
This one is pretty simply. Some time back the /claim ban command changed from banning the player from all claims to banning them to just the claim you’re on. Therefore I wish to propose a command that bans the player from ALL your claims. Some players can be very very rude, annoying or whatsnot, but what they’re doing is just barely within whats allowed on munchy. A way to ban them from all your claims would be nice in this scenario. Especially if you have like 18 claims.

That’s all I had for today. Hope this is of any help, I’d love to see some, if not all of these ideas in s4 or even s3.

Have a great day y’all,

Pingu

11 Likes

Claim within a claim :+1:

Yes :+1:

Yes :+1:

Can be solved with Claim banall, then just add whoever you need to add later on.

We could have something like /claim event join, so that it only tp those who joined the event.

I don’t know much about clan claims and stuff but it could work I guess.

1 Like

Great ideas!

1 Like

yes 100%

1 Like

Wooo Ty pingu for making this wonderful post!

1 Like

These are great, Pingu!

I can imagine Private claims might be used in ways that could diminish the community, or make world maps impossible. But I still think the benefits are worth that risk.

Love the ideas!

1 Like