Survival Competition Winners!

SURVIVAL BUILD COMPETITION WINNERS

It’s official, our lovely judge iGotchu has traversed the survival map looking at all of your epic builds and, after being suitably impressed by them all, has given us our winners!

~*~ First Place ~*~

ZoeyTheGreat

Originality - 7
Project size - 10
Aesthetics and Detail - 8
Terraforming/Landscaping - 9
Difficulty to build - 10
Cost to build - 10

Overall Score: 54

Judging comments: Enormous build, detailed exteriors and interiors, stunning landscaping with epic mountain ranges. The sheer scale of this build is mindblowing - from the giant storage area to the hand-built mountain and everything between. Awesome!

~*~ Second Place ~*~

SilverCivet

Originality - 10
Project size - 8
Aesthetics and Detail - 9
Terraforming/Landscaping - 7
Difficulty to build - 9
Cost to build - 7

Overall Score: 50

Judging comments: Large project, great originality. Very organic looking shaping which is difficult in survival. The build is finished to a high standard and has lots of lovely extras, such as the mushrooms. Overall turnout is very magical and pretty (just like iGotchu ;) ).

~*~ Third Place ~*~

Ethro_Knight

Originality - 10
Project size - 8
Aesthetics and Detail - 8
Terraforming/Landscaping - 7
Difficulty to build - 9
Cost to build - 8

Overall score: 50

Judging comments: What a creative build which stays true to survival minecraft! To navigate the rooms of this base, you must use P.A.C.D.O.S, a futuristic-style redstone bunker with a functioning AI, which can be enabled and disabled by the operator. The P.A.C.D.O.S guide book was super well written and made everything come together for me while judging. The landscaping outside your custom portal and the farming areas help this build gain a high score in all criteria.

Congratulations to our awesome winners! If you guys could send me a message either on discord (IntrepidBookworm#0204) or on forums we can start hooking you up with your prizes!

Honorable Mentions

Because of the sheer level of epicness, we’ve included the top 10 builds submitted (but in not particular order ;) )

matiu0s

Attention to detail, at its finest. This is how interiors should be done. The shelves, chairs, chandeliers, television set, and objects throughout this base look so real, and have been carefully placed in logical positions. The exterior is also immaculate, and the car looks sweet.

plantasia

I love this fantasy style build :) Super creative. The huge organic looking mushrooms are epic. It’s cool how you can actually run up them, along the sides. Like matiu0s, you have a talent for making interiors look realistic and detailed. That outdoor table with the umbrella is neat.

Decidous

Easily one of the most attractive entries, this space station is super epic. The blue glass fire looks stunning. The build is clean and interesting and must have been super challenging to make!

allualbert and SapphireMC2

Nice medieval style build that makes good use of the mountain terrain around it. Interesting use of colours in the buildings and it has obviously had a lot of care and attention put into it!

ForsakenCosmos

Really pretty build. Feels like something straight out of a fantasy film, nicely detailed, lots of care put into the effects and not just the structure itself. I love the terraforming below.

ViruX

Super creative! The terraforming throughout the floating islands give this project an impressive score. I love the central temple with the symbols of the greek gods.

Zalkruel and DaraDre

The use of arches and pillars throughout the interior makes this build feel realistic and professional. Very aesthetically pleasing, and it has a nice attention to detail throughout the whole thing.

Special Mention #1: Soarie Cj_Puffinstuff TheMooingCow

Epic organic statue, built some of the builders of our very own build team. The shading using darker blocks beneath the rocks which make up this statue add heaps of depth. I expect nothing less from these dudes, and it’s cool to see they know how to build in survival too :) Well done guys!

Special Mention #2: xLuuk_

Large noteblock project, which is unique from the other submissions in the competition in that it isn’t really a ‘build’ per se. Luuk picked a lovely song for his note block submission, which translates really well to the minecraft block sounds.

Thanks once again to everyone who entered and to everyone who helped out. This was a lot of fun and I hope y’all enjoyed it as much as I did!

Special thanks to @igotchu for being an utterly fantastic judge! He literally spent hours looking through all the builds and writing up comments for people. :purple_heart:
Thanks also to all the peeps who helped out behind the scenes. :stuck_out_tongue:

With sparkles,
~ IB x

17 Likes

CONGRATS! I’m proud of you all and I hope you enjoy your prizes.

-Joshios

3 Likes

congrats everyone! : D

2 Likes

Congratulations to all that won and were honourable mentions! :tada:

3 Likes

Grats

2 Likes

This was a very cool competition to see take place, first of its kind as far as I know. Love the diversity of creations from all of the participants. And congrats to Zoey, I remember seeing you work on your giant house and this proves that you’re one of the best around! Great effort.

3 Likes

epic :sunglasses:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

GGs TO everyone! Even if you didn’t win, all the builds were great!

2 Likes

Congrats everyone!

2 Likes

Congratulations to the winners, and great work to all of the entrants who put in hours of work!

3 Likes

Congratulations to all of the winners!

3 Likes

Congratulations everyone!! :tada: All very well deserved and enjoy your prizes :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@TheBoop WANTS CREDIT FOR HELPING. THANKS THE BOOP. SO HELPFUL.

2 Likes

Yes, I gave encouragement.

1 Like

yay thank you so much I had a fantastic time building on Survival see you all around next map with even more epic! then this time

7 Likes

Congrats! Everything looked great!

3 Likes