[SURVIVAL] Ancient History Build Competition!

can it be medieval history because thats a topic i can build well-ish xD

4 Likes

OOOoooo this is cool! Which hologram programs are we allowed to use? I’ve never tried one before.

3 Likes

i recommend litematica, theres some good tutorials on youtube

3 Likes

:sparkling_heart:BonBon Clan Contest Entry :sparkling_heart:

Name: Fantasy Midieval Cathedral
Coordinates:
X- 4134
Y- 64
Z- (-5972)

Team Members: BonBonAdventures, ShadeLeaper, C0LDBL00DED, JezzerV2, SPTSPT

Favorite History Film: PRIDE (2014) - Shows the social progress of the LGBTQ community & the Labor Unions working together for human rights. :sparkling_heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

11 Likes

I don’t see a picture

2 Likes

That’s cause they didn’t add one

4 Likes
  • Name of Build: Hanging Gardens of Babylon
  • Build Coordinates: -1916 70 2587 (face west)
  • All team members IGN’s: Rinian
  • Favourite History Film and why: Midway. I really find all of the things that happened that turned the tide for that battle very interesting.

Description: The Hanging Gardens of Babylon were one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The story is that the King of Babylon had them built because one of his wives was homesick for the hills of her homeland, so she could look out on it from her quarters.

It was said it was constructed in tiers on arches of mud bricks, and was irrigated using water from the river. So taking that into consideration, and the arid nature of the area, I constructed it with a reservoir below that the water could be diverted into from the river as needed, but also so that water that was not used by the plants end up back into the reservoir to help conserve it. The gardens built above it would also shade it to help with evaporation. Since mud brick is not the best choice for below the water, that was made from stonework instead. But the mud brick would give purchase for roots so the plants would also help hold the structure together.

The central column is also made of stonework, and is where the water is brought up to the fountain that is the start of the irrigation. Since it is always possible the hills or mountains of her homeland might have snow on their peaks, I made the fountain of white quartz.

I built each tree, and also a little something special in the construction of the water in the reservoir.

21 Likes

Sheeshh

3 Likes

Is that a good ‘sheesh’ or a bad ‘sheesh’?

4 Likes

Clearly good.

5 Likes

Good sheesh

4 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes
  • Name of Build: Lighthouse Of Alexandria
  • Build Coordinates: 2367 63 4241
  • All team members IGN’s: GodKoala
  • Favourite History Film and why: Dunkirk (2017). Just because the film is really well made and I’ve always been interested in the Dunkirk from a young age. Also i’m just a big Christoper Nolan fan :slight_smile:

Description/Origin of the Build: One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The Lighthouse was constructed around 250 BC after the death of Alexander the Great who founded the city of Alexandria around 330 BC. Construction was comissioned and started under Ptolemy I Soter and finished under the reign of his son Ptolemy II. The primary building material used for the Lighthouse was limestone and granite blocks and the light at the top was made by an exceptionally large furnace. Over its lifespan, it went through many Earthquakes all of which severely damaged the structures strength but the powerful Earthquakes of 1303 and 1323 saw the lighthouse partly collapse and become deactivated. Remnants of the Lighthouse survived until 1480 when the last pieces were used to build Citadel of Qaitbay on the site where the Lighthouse used to sit.

Btw there is an interior to the build but I just couldn’t get any good looking screenshots of the interior so you will have to go to the coords to see the interior but it isnt anything special really (Also I finished this about 3 days after the competition was announced I just couldn’t be bothered to make a forum post about it until now :skull:)

Sidenote: Build looks best at night

Screenshots

17 Likes

@GodKoala

2 Likes

My bad i didn’t see that rule I’ve changed it now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Name of Build: Ancient Portal of Luton
Build Coords: 9480 89 10782
Team IGN’s: editorialise and KinqVizixns
Favourite History Film: The Imitation Game, I know it has nothing to do with my build but it’s kind of biased because the location is VERY close to me, and this is basically what helped gain the UK an advantage in WW2 to win the war.
Note: An alternate name to this is ‘At Earth’s End’.

14 Likes
  • Name of Build: Parthenon
  • Build Coordinates: -11877 90 -7774
  • All team members IGN’s: Ferromagnetism, Frelm
  • Favourite History Film and why: Black Hawk Down, because there’s alot of action.

Description/Origin of the Build: The Parthenon is a former temple on the Athenian Acropolis, Greece, that was dedicated to the goddess Athena during the fifth century BC. Its decorative sculptures are considered some of the high points of classical Greek art, an enduring symbol of Ancient Greece, democracy and Western civilization.

16 Likes

5 days till the deadline is up, so make sure to submit your entries! (Might I add, very cool builds so far :sunglasses: )

7 Likes

even mine?

3 Likes

yes :rat:

4 Likes