Stridingg's Staff Application [May 2020]

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes, and I would enjoy knowing my original join date <3

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: 1080p 60fps, clean and crisp.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?: I don’t have a lot of experience on TeamSpeak, but I have it downloaded and am in the munchy Teamspeak. I primarily use discord.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: Stridingg

Timezone: Central Standard Time (CST)

Languages Spoken: English.

Server you would like to moderate: Kitpvp/ Woolwars/ Survival Games/ Survival. I can truly work efficiently within any server nonetheless.

How active can you be per week? With summer at the end of our fingertips, I would expect to be on and active 1-4 hours a day.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay? The community, especially in Kitpvp, and the creativeness of the build of the server. Knowing a fair amount of players from the Invaded/Munchy community, people seeing my name is quite common. I also quite enjoy streaming on the Woolwars and Survival Games servers. Woolwars is an excellent example of the creative nature I love, as it’s an extremely creative game mode.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of the story: No punishments have been given to me on the MunchyMc Network.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it: Recently, I was a Moderator set for a path to admin on the server EventMC.net. My job consisted of banning hackers, dealing with bots/bot waves, collecting evidence of insiders (the playable server was a skyblock server), dealing with chat/rule breakers, and more. A breakthrough about RundownHD came up, so I left the community as to not be tied in any way to his name. A lot less recent, I was a moderator for a streaming community named GameRebel, on their survival Minecraft server. These experiences provided the most experience to me, but I have many lesser feats of staffing experience such as hosting my own server for my twitch community.

Do you have any anti-cheat experience? The server EventMC had an anti-cheat, that notified us of violations, the plugin was NCP (No Cheat Plus, not great, I know) and worked efficiently for our setup. The alerts pushed us in the right direction but did not take any action against hackers. That was our job. It told us the attempted hack (such as creativeFly, phasing, x-ray, etc) and how suspicious it was with a “violation level”.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC: I don’t have any current reports.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member? I have been making wonderful groups of friends, as well as starting to get known in the community as a streamer for Survival Games and Woolwars. When rules are being broken by others, I tend to message the player asking why and if it could be stopped. I want to resolve the issue and leave a positive impact on their experience and everyone else’s.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team? I believe the staff team would benefit from me being on the team as I am a dedicated, persistent, and consistent staff member with unquestionable morals and reason to distribute punishments (answer provided due to personal experience). I work my hardest to do as much as I can handle, with my mind on what I need to do to move through the rank chain. I understand these things take time, dedication, and trust and I am willing to put all of that and more into the staff team.

How do you work when in a team? I work efficiently within a team dealing with problems as one. I wish to hopefully gain chemistry within the staff team as I thoroughly enjoy working with a team. Within a staff team, we split the work, and with everyone working together anything can be achieved. The best representation I can give about this is an experience I had to deal with on EventMC. A player had brought hundreds of bots, and the bots tended to all follow each other. We had them sent to one of our islands, to where it listed every bot’s name in chat and we got to work. There were a total of 129 bots, and the 4 staff members each went through and banned every last one, giving sufficient evidence for every ban (because we didn’t have ip-ban).

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why? Knockback modifier. If subtle enough, it can be extremely hard to detect due to a player’s internet connection, as the connection usually defines a player’s knockback intake.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial? I have not applied here before, and with my first application I hope to leave my imprint here.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, have a wonderful morning/afternoon, whenever you read this.

Respectfully,
Stridingg ~<3

2 Likes

Hey! This application has some good detail in it but I don’t believe I’ve seen you around on the survival server. If you do wish to moderate that server as one of your choices, I would recommend keeping up activity on it and helping players out in chat!
Regardless of that, you seem to be a good contender for a staff role!
I’ll give a +.5 for this! Good luck!

Hey!

You Joined July 12th, 2019 :slight_smile:
You can check your join date at our website by searching your ign there^^

Other than that your app could use more details and I havent really seen you online in survival so I’m gonna say +0,5

Best of luck!<3

As stated in the last 2 comments, I’ve not really been active on survival, but I understand how it works with commands usable by ranks etc. If not I’m not qualified for survival, I fully understand. I am much more active on the other servers.

1 Like

Hello!

I think your application is great! You put lots of effort into your application and seem devoted! Your overall application is amazing! This is why your application deserves a +1!

Good job! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Howdy there @Stridingg. At the moment, we feel that you don’t meet the requirements for staff. We hope to see you apply again in the future!