StemKidDOTexe's build team application

IGN and past IGN’s: Currently, my Minecraft username is StemKidDOTexe but it has been, rmihalic, Ezio2kIzBad, and Metal_Matthew, but in about 18 days it will revert to Metal_Matthew and not change again.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

Discord username: MetalMatthew#8194

How long have you played MunchyMC?: I have been watching TheSaintsOfGames youtube channel for 4 years now and joined as soon as I heard that BadBoyHalo had a minecraft server. Therefore I have been playing on MunchyMC for 3 years. Sadly, I do not play any of the gamemodes for I love to look at the builds that your server has to offer! I enjoy looking at them and learning from the builds and analyzing techniques.

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects: Most of my slightly older builds were deleted when I switched pc’s but here are the few remaining builds. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ELmx9irlSWkJR8MynN1maoSW30_UMSAW

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build: My favorite build that I have is probably located in the Dungeon Master folder because I spent months working on it along with a resource pack and commands for it as well. There are many more sections of the Dungeon Master world that I have and am currently remaking on java and will soon become my new favorite. I believe that as the order of my builds grow on this world, you can see how my skill as a builder has progressed and increased over the months I had been working on it.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other relevant plugins?: I would say that I am decently experienced with World Edit, but I have never used voxel and would be willing to learn either by someone else or teaching myself.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.): My weakness when it comes to making projects has to be laziness. For example, I usually start builds but end up stopping when they are near completion. However, when I do finish my projects they end up looking better than I had envisioned! One of my strengths would probably be terraforming and terraining. I feel that when other people do terraining, they rely on world edit excessively and don’t examine the changes previously made. This being said they would fail to notice the holes left in the mountain side.

What is your history of building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past? I have never built for a server or team, only single player and on friends’ worlds. I feel that I have an experience with building with other people and cooperating. Although I would love the have the experience to join a team!

Describe yourself: As a creative person I have recreated many of the same builds because I believed that they can be improved and starting from a clean slate is the best way to do that. I believe that I am a mediocre organized person. Any folder on my desktop must have subcategories which only helps with my organization.

-1 Lack of detail on most builds.

1 Like

Your build is alright but it seems quite beginner. I would recommend checking out some tutorials on building trees and adding some more projects to your portfolio. Good luck!

1 Like

You have only showed us modern builds, which tends to not be very detailed, but they have a very advanced shape. Your shapes here are not advanced enough and detailing is fine considering your theme. but include more builds with different themes, how many modern buildings have you seen on the server? not many, not that it matters though lol. but include more builds where you can show off your shaping, detailing and layering skill more. good luck! +0.25 for now, reply or message me if you have any questions!

Is this any better at all? I tried using Orips’ advice as well! If there is anything off about these as well please tell me.

2 Likes

yes, absolutely! your roof is excellent, the same goes with shape and layering. detailing is pretty good, but there is room for a little more detail imo, new score for me is +0.5, again good luck and reply or message me if you have any questions!

Where do you think needs more detail? is it in the brick? I have an Idea that might be what you mean.

1 Like

Most of the builds in your portfolio could use some more detailing. The city builds look nice, but some more detail couldn’t hurt. Take a look at the accepted applications to get a better idea of the level of detail expected. One more little thing to make your application look neater is to bold the questions. Ex: How long have you played MunchyMC?

1 Like

May I ask for more information of what needs more detail? For example, what needs more detail on the modern builds that I can work on?

For example, with your modern blue skyscraper. There’s allot of blue. To break up the blue I’d recommend adding some grays and whites into the build. Half slabs and stairs can do wonders in modern builds. Although the pictures are far out, so the detailing might not be visible. I’d love to see some closer up images of the modern city builds so we can see your detailing abilities.

Thank you so much for the tips! I am going to put them to the test when I get home and I’ll send you a picture then.

1 Like