Staff application - Tjieken77

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I’ve been playing MunchyMC since March 1st, 2020, I didn’t play the first 1-2 months. I was a bit inactive on the servers the last couple weeks because we’ve moved. (its finally done)

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I use OBS to record.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
Yes, I’ve been using TeamSpeak for around 5 months.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN:
Tjieken77

Timezone:
CET – Central European Time

Languages Spoken:
I speak English, Dutch (its my first language) and a little French.

How active can you be per week?
Due to corona I can spend more time being a helper and I almost come online at the same time. But if its school again, I can spend less time being a helper and it depends on the amount of homework I have when I can come online.

CORONA:

Monday: 11AM – 5PM
Tuesday: 11AM – 5PM
Wednesday: 11AM – 4PM
Thursday: 11AM – 5PM
Friday: 11AM – 5PM
Saturday: 11AM – 5PM
Sunday: 11AM – 5PM

SCHOOL:
Monday: 4PM – 6PM
Tuesday: 4PM – 6PM
Wednesday: 2:30PM – 6PM
Thursday: 4PM – 6PM
Friday: 4PM – 6PM
Saturday: 1:30PM – 5PM
Sunday: 1:30PM – 5PM

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?
I’ve been playing MunchyMC since March 1st, 2020. The main reason that made me stay is the community. Every time I log in to the server, people are asking me how I am doing. The MunchyMC players are also respectful to other players and staff. The players and staff are overall extremely nice and friendly people which makes the server more enjoyable to play on. I already made friends the first day I logged in to the server, after a few days I logged into the forums to introduce myself and I got many replies from everyone and there were a few people who are now my friend and I play games with them the forums and talk with them.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:
I don’t have any punishments on the server.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:
I have been staff on a few servers.

Combatting – Owner

First, I started my own server called combatting, it was an amazing experience as I got the chance to run my own community and learn the ins and outs. Although it had its stressful moments I’m really happy with the experience and the memories I had by making the server. I was trying to make a kitpvp server and in my opinion, I succeeded, the server had everything a spawn, kits, a shop, etc. I had fun making this server because I could finally make my own server and could do whatever I wanted, but the main reason why I made this server was because I thought it would be fun to run my own community/server and I was right, I really enjoyed making it and while I was making the server, I learned the basics of moderating for example, how plugins and commands works and how to start your own server. It wasn’t a big server, there were only 5 players online, but I still banned a hacker on the server for flying, I was so happy. I also muted a few players for spamming and advertising.

unknown - moderater

After I learned the basics, I applied for moderator on a server (sorry I forgot the name of the server) there were usually 15 – 20 players and 1-2 staff online. It was a fun community and I loved being a moderator there but there were also some moments I didn’t really enjoyed an example is that when people were calling me a bad staff when I just was a moderater and when I still made many mistakes but the owner said that he understood that I wasn’t very trained so he helped me and I became better at moderating. Sadly 3 months after, the server got shut down due lack of good staff (most of them were leaving because they wanted to become staff on bigger servers). I learned on this server how to detect hacks, how to ban cheaters and how to mute chat offenders, as I said, I made a few mistakes and a couple false bans but as time went on I became better at punishing rule breakers because the owner teached me how to deal with them. It was around this time that moderating became a passion for me and I knew I wanted to keep moderating. I’ve mostly had to deal with x-rayers, fly hackers and sometimes combat related hacks like autoclicker and killaura. On scale, I had a 10/100 false bans.

AspireMine - Moderater

Because the owner shut the server down, I applied on a server called Aspiremine, it was a successful server, I was staff on this server for 3-4 months and there were 50 – 60 players and 3-5 staff online. Almost everyone was nice and there was good staff on the server, but even though I had many good memories and experience, I’ve also had less nice experience from the server, the best thing I can remember is that somebody was spamming me in private messages to kill myself, he got banned afterwards. I’ve mostly dealt with fly , Nuker, autominer, killaura and reach hackers. I got better at catching hackers, moderating the chat and answering questions, this was also my first server where I hosted an event, I really enjoyed hosting the event because I felt like everyone was enjoying it. On scale, I had a 1/100 false bans.

Do you have any anticheat experience?
No, but I’d be more than happy to learn.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
Here are some video’s of hackers I made. I don’t know if it made any difference because they were in Purgatory.

Hacker 1: https://youtu.be/-qKvyOWVig4

Hacker 2: https://youtu.be/5FID20pAC88

Hacker 3: https://youtu.be/7NUbuaSpXpU

Hacker 4: https://youtu.be/eQ2sveJp0aY

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?
I was and still am a Helpful and Friendly member of the community. I try to help players in any way I can for example, I help players in any way I can for example providing knowledge about several commands, giving items they need, opinions on their builds when they ask me, I give advice for ingame problems and try to help everyone I can in any way possible or if they just have a question for me or just wanna see things I’ve builded. Whenever I see a rule breaker I warn them (except if its bannable) and if they won’t stop after that I report the player.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?
MunchyMC would benefit from my activity because when I’m much online I can help many players and ban/mute many hackers and chat offenders. I can stay calm and professional in challenging situations which is very important because when something happens, you’ve never encountered before, and you start panicking its only going to become worse than it already was and if you panic you’re not going to solve the problem but if you stay calm then you can think better and you can think of a solution to solve the problem. One of the main reasons I think I would be a good fit is because I have a decent amount of experience and I am well trained to ban hackers and moderate the chat and I already handled with a lot of different hacks because I was moderater on servers with different gamemodes such as survival, skymining, kitpvp, prison, etc. so I have a good knowledge of hacks and know how to detect them. The hacks I dealt with the most were x-ray, killaura, fly, reach, autoclickers and nuker (I have dealt with more hacks of course, but these were the hacks I dealt with the most) and in a servers as MunchyMC that has over 200 players everyday you need to have a good knowledge of how many hacks works, how to detect them and you need to have a decent amount of experience. I can be online when some of the staff can’t be online because I live in a different Timezone than some staff and this is usefull because when some staff are sleeping, I can be online to help players, punish hackers and chat offenders.

How do you work when in a team?
I’ve participated (and still am) on team sports since I was only 5 years old. I played football, table tennis and many others, by playing team sports I knew what my limits were and when people had to help me, this is one of the reasons why I work well in a team. I also prefer to work in a team, because I believe if people work together, they could do amazing things and in a team you can get much more work done if everyone helps each other. Even though I am a team player I am also comfortable working alone on certain things.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?
I applied once for staff on MunchyMC. The main reason why I was denied was because there was a lag of detail in my application. This time I made my application more detailed.

3 Likes

1+, Very good application and detailed

1 Like

+1, Very detailed application, active, friendly

GL

1 Like

Great application. You seem to know a fair bit about creating and working on servers and would be a great candidate

1 Like

thanks everyone :smiley:

1 Like

+1 very good application
whenever i have seen you on the forums you have been nothing but helpful and kind to other people
i haven’t seen you ingame (my fault, not yours) but i can only assume you are as nice on there as you are on here.

1 Like

thanks for the nice repply!!

+1

You’ve been very involved in the community and very kind!

2 Likes

thanks <3

1 Like

+1
Good and Detailed application!

Best of luck!

1 Like

thank you!

Hi!

I used to see you online a lot, but the last weeks, I didn’t really see you online that much. (This might just be me). You have moderating expirience, which is pretty useful. You are starting to get involved in the community, and you’re very kind, from what I’ve seen in chat. Your application is detailed and well written!

All together, my rating will be a +0.5!

Good Luck :smiley:

1 Like

+1
You seem to have a lot of experiece, and your application was very detailed.
Good luck!

1 Like

+1 surprisingly great app, just wanna note that the apps are for jmod and not helper, helpers get picked by admins and have less perms than jmods :))

3 Likes

Thank you!

Hey serpp its true I wasnt really active on muchymc last week. thats because we moved and I had to help my parrents buy everything etc. So i didn’t really had the chance to be online that much but before we moved i was an active player and now everything is done and I am almost all day long online ;D thanks for your reaction

1 Like

I’m sorry, WHAT?

1 Like

SquawkaZ do you react this way because you think it was a nice experience or are you shocked why he said that. (English is not my first language so if i said something weird just say it) :wink:

You cant apply for helper. Helpers are handpicked by admins.

1 Like

Or jrmod. I just wanna help the community in any way i can and i think the best way to do that is if i become a staff member so i can punish hackers and trying to make peoples days. That is the biggest reason why i began to moderate so i could inspire other people and help them

2 Likes