Staff Application - TeaLeafy

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I have been a regular player for about 2 months now. But I’ve been playing this server since 2015 but took a break.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I can record and upload high-quality videos.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
Yes, I currently have Teamspeak already downloaded and know how to use it.

- Have you recorded, uploaded and submitted to MunchyMC staff or forums AT LEAST 2 videos of hackers on MunchyMC?:
Yes, I have uploaded more than plenty!

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN:
TeaLeafy

Timezone:
CET or CEST

Languages spoken:
Swedish which is my first language and English.

Server(s) you would like to moderate:
KitPvP and woolwars (if any pvp orientated game mode comes out I would be interested to be a mod there too.)

How active can you be per week?
(not including the breaks/1 hour or so might be spent playing other games with friends.)
Monday: 15:30-20:00
Tuesday: 15:30-16:30 gym at 17:00 then from 18:15-20:00
Wednesday: 15:30-20:00
Thursday: 15:30-16:30 gym at 17:00 then from 18:15-20:00
Friday: 15:30-20:00
Saturday: Not specific times at least 4 hours
Sunday: Not specific times at least 4 hours

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:
Cerogaming- This was a Swedish csgo minigame server. I was an admin with the ability to ban, mute etc. It was really fun and I got to learn a lot about moderating. It was a pretty popular server and had full servers on prime time. It was a great insight into how you moderate and I got a lot of experience about different situations and think I can now be a much better Admin / Jrmod. We also had some staff meetings which got me accommodated with that and was fun to see what staff talk about in these meetings. Here is also a screenshot of the steam group affiliated with the server showing it was a pretty popular server:

What is something you think Munchy should improve on?
I feel like something that could be improved is staff showing their presence. For example, if I say a certain staff is inactive but then someone that is staff might say ‘‘they’re in vanish’’. I feel like if the staff for example just showed that they banned someone in chat sometime would be great as then the players know that they are online and maybe get to know them more. I feel like great examples of mods and admins that show their presence keep in mind that I’m usually on EU times so most are from Europe, @Esiotrot. @KawaiiGrill, @Madintoilet, and @Cheater. These mods and admin obviously ban people in vanish but ban people outside of vanish too! The thing is there are more than these 4 staff that are from Europe but I don’t see them on. I know it might be for personal reasons etc but if you are on a simple Hi can work!

Do you have any Anticheat experience?
When I was an admin at cerogaming we had an anticheat which would alert us if someone was hacking, this is basically what any anticheat does and its function. Sending alerts and even preventing hackers to do some things like flying, Hypixel does this with their ‘‘Watchdogs’’ which basically is nocheatplus it doesn’t allow players to fly but this can come with unnecessary side effects though. Watchdogs can autoban people meaning if the anticheat is sure you’re hacking it can ban you. The same thing applies to munchy’s anticheat ‘‘Antihax’’ which can autoban you.

What is your greatest strength?
I think my greatest strength is my ability to easily interact with others. When for example I see a new person on Teamspeak I like to interact with them and I can easily engage in a conversation. This has been happening a lot lately as a lot of new people are finding the server and the people that came to the server in 2018 which I haven’t met are also here. I think this is really important in being a staff as you have to interact a lot with other people and you have to be easily approachable, so players can ask you questions and just in general interact with you. I also think apart of interacting well with others is being able to adapt to different situations and moods and I think I’m pretty good when it comes to that sort of thing. What I mean with this in a casual conversation I might be more joking and a little more ‘‘immature’’ you could say. While in a more serious matter like if someone wants help I’ll act more mature and be professional as it’s a serious matter. I think its really important to be able to switch between these 2 types as you don’t wanna be too serious all the time.

Comment on your ability to work within a team:
I would say my ability to work within a team is good. I have always preferred to work within a team as even if I think my opinion about something is good working with a team might not change my opinion but it can give me more ideas to work on my opinion, that’s why I enjoy it. I like to be a leader most of the time when working within a team because I’m confident in my ability but if someone else is the leader I can easily take orders and follow their lead. In Sweden, there’s always a lot of group work so we need to be able to work with anyone so I can pretty much work with anyone as long as they contribute and aren’t mean (insulting others etc). Working together is really important and I think it’s one of the most of important things for anything successful. If someone like another mod asks me for help I would happily help to the best of my ability and could easily work together with them if they are unsure about if someone is hacking or about something else. People can rely on me I do not freeload of someone’s work.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?
I think the hardest hack to detect is aimassist. Why I think this is because it’s impossible to see it from a third person view which is what staff will be viewing a hacker from. Some of the reasons why it’s hard to detect are that it’s really slow to the point in which it looks like a legit player. I tried an aimassist once and even on the max setting, it wasn’t even that fast. So how do you catch someone using aimassist? Well, either you can look from the first person view from a video or some other external source or you can screenshare them to find the cheat. Even under these circumstances, it can be either impossible to find or to see. Aimassist is a really tricky hack which needs to be turned on to a high enough setting to be able to be detected.

Link AT LEAST 2 videos of hackers that you have recorded and/or reported on MunchyMC:
I have around 111 and counting hacker reports on Munchy, however, I will not be showing them all you’ll have to take my word for it here are 10:
(Some might say I don’t have these many and say ‘‘check forums’’ well I had a previous account on this forum that was deleted and still has
all the videos on 2 separate youtube accounts!)

1. Hack(s): Reach

2. Hack(s): Killaura and bhop

3. Hack(s): Killaura,bhop and sneak

4. Hacks(s): Killaura,bhop and fly

More evidence:

Hack(s): Here speed is also shown to be used

5. Hack(s): Jesus and reach

6. Hacks(s): Reach

7. Hack(s): Reach

8. Hacks(s): Reach and velocity

9. Hacks(s): Bhop and Killaura

10. Hacks(s): Reach

&

Any additional information:
I just wanted to say thanks for reading my application hope you found it interesting and did not feel like it was a waste of your time! :slight_smile:

Edit 1: Formatting
Edit 2: Formatting to make it cleaner
Edit 3: Added screenshot in past moderating experience

2 Likes

Application accepted! Please contact me on discord for the first part of the interview: Antfrost#6098

3 Likes