Staff Application - Ignorinq

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
yes
- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
yes
- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
yes
- Have you recorded, uploaded and submitted to MunchyMC staff or forums AT LEAST 2 videos of hackers on MunchyMC?:
I have submitted one; however, checked with Thunder to request an exception on the basis that I am injured which is explained in the latter part of the application. She said it was fine as I have prior experience as part of the staff team. I am still running around the server in spectate trying to catch another and will post it as an edit to my application when I do.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: Ignorinq

Timezone: CET, may be moving back to PST soon

Languages spoken:

Fluent: English, Danish

Semi-fluent: Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish

Server(s) you would like to moderate:

KitPvP and Wool Wars

How active can you be per week?

I’m currently on a gap year, so while I do travel periodically I can be on about 6-7 hours a day.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

I was previously a J-Mod on MunchyMC. I ended up quitting as a result of personal issues and college applications getting the best of me. I learned a lot from the experience, not only in learning how to catch hackers, but also in the areas of teamwork and the importance of maturity.

What is something you think Munchy should improve on?

I think Munchy’s greatest threat is catering too much to the soup community (I know, I’m stabbing myself in the back here). The reality is that soup isn’t dying or coming to its end, it died years ago along with the McPvPs and McTeams of the world. That is why Prison has been as successful as it is and more players than ever are using Pot on KitPvP. I think some steps should be taken to cater to the OG soup community and those who want to learn, it is what the server’s foundations are and other servers such as PvPDojo have been very successful as of late. Of these steps an EarlyHG warp would be great as well as an MLG water warp to cater to the nostalgia and stop more from my generation from quitting. Other than that Minigames, grinding gamemodes (Prison), and non-skillbased games are the future of the server as that’s what players flock to.

Do you have any Anticheat experience?

Yes I do as a member of the Munchy Team.

What is your greatest strength?

My greatest strength is remaining coolheaded in tough situations and not starting unnecessary drama. It is often best as a mod to quickly resolve a situation than to argue or whip up more drama. I also prefer to stay behind the scenes as while I do like to interact with the community and I do often it’s much easier to ban hackers and control chat from invis.

Comment on your ability to work within a team:

I have a lot of experience working in teams through both internships and jobs in real life. I have interned for my local Congressman and had to work with the staff team when editing letters to constituents among many other tasks. I have also worked in the surf shop and distribution center where one naturally has to function as a willing member of the team.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?

I think the hardest hack to detect is reach as it is difficult to distinguish hit delay, ping, and actual reach when surveying a hacker. In addition, new, more advanced clients with marginal reach increases have made it even harder to detect than in previous years.

What is your experience and knowledge of hacks?

High Jump: Allows players to jump abnormally high in game. Not to be confused with Shrek or Titan.

Auto Click: Allows players to click at high cps levels. This can be confused for butterfly clicking; however, that is not a valid excuse for players.

Bhop: Allows players to jump while running at high speeds.

Speed: Allows players to run at very high speeds. Not to be confused with Dash.

Anti-Fall: Causes players to slow down in the air, therefore reducing or eliminating fall damage.

Auto Soup: Allows players to soup without switching to soup or dragging it out of their inventory.

Anti/ Reduced Knockback: Reduces or eliminates knockback which gives a pvp advantage.

Reach: Allows players to hit others over the normal reach of 3 blocks.

Aimbot: Keeps the player’s cursor on others, allowing them to just hit.

Kill-aura: Hits all entities within a certain radius

Fly: Allows players to fly. Not to be confused with Falcon.

X-ray: Allows players to see through blocks to find players or ores.

Link AT LEAST 2 videos of hackers that you have recorded and/or reported on MunchyMC:

Any additional information:

I have always cared deeply about this community since McPvP and have always wanted to help it out as much as possible. Please give any feedback you may have and I’ll do my best to improve, change, or adapt to show why I deserve this position.

Thanks!

Application accepted! Please contact me on discord for the first part of the interview: Antfrost#6098

2 Likes