Staff Application - Baqel

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?: Yes.

- Have you recorded, uploaded and submitted to MunchyMC staff or forums AT LEAST 2 videos of hackers on MunchyMC?: Yes.

IGN: Baqel [Previous Usernames and Skins]

Timezone: CST

Server(s) you would like to moderate:
I would enjoy moderating on any of the servers, I most enjoy KitPvP, WoolWars, and Smash, although I love every server, I enjoy spending my time on those servers most of all. My favorite, however, would be KitPvP.

How active can you be per week?
I have a relatively open schedule so I can spend multiple hours a day on the MunchyMC servers. I estimate that I can be online for a minimum of 1-2 hours a day on weekdays and most than likely I will be on for much longer than that. For weekends I would be able to be on for at least 2-3 hours, sometimes my weekends are hectic, so it just depends, some weekends might be 8 hours, and some might be 2, my weekend schedule is set pretty far in advance most of the time so it shouldn’t be a problem. Everybody has stuff that goes on, but I would be sure to be online as much as possible, and if I were not able to be on for an extended period I would let the staff team know. I understand that there might be concerns because I recently started playing regularly again, and I can assure everybody that I will be playing MunchyMC for a very long time. I stopped playing MunchyMC for a few months a while ago, this was for personal reasons, and it will not happen again. I will say again, that I can spend a minimum of 1-2 hours active online during the week and at least 2-3 hours on the weekends.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:
I am not new to moderating Minecraft servers, I have always enjoyed it in the past. I have helped out with many servers in the past, but I am only going to mention the more important ones. Many of the servers I had been a moderator or admin on were reasonably small, most of them didn’ last for a very long time, and I wouldn’t consider them worthwhile experiences. There were, however, a few servers that had shaped me into a more involved community member, a faster and better-reacting staff member, and a more thoughtful, understanding person in general. I will mention a few smaller servers, but I will mainly be focusing on the larger servers.

CrazyMC - Junior Mod:

The server was a GTA server which means players go out into the world, loot guns, and the players could fight each other with the various weapons. I became a Junior Moderator on the server after approximately 2-3 months of being a Helper. As a Helper, I would moderate the chat, and I could ban players for various chat reasons. The server gets anywhere from 40-130 players on concurrently in a day. I believe that this server has helped me the most as far as handling stressful situations, and remaining a mature and respectful attitude as it required you to be because the community was very toxic. Players constantly harassed other players and staff members, used macros (so they could shoot their guns very fast and instantly kill players), and they often released private user information to other players and would DDOS them if they did not like them. This server was a real wake up call for me; I realized how destructive a player could be if they’re not dealt with appropriately. I did have some great friends on this server, mostly other staff members but I realized that I did not want to be around that kind of environment.

SkynetGaming - Server Admin:

This was not a Minecraft server; it was a Counter-Strike Global Offensive network that had many servers with custom game modes such as Jailbreak, Team Deathmatch, Parkour, Surf, and many more. I was a server admin on Jailbreak and Surf, Jailbreak is one of the most hectic servers on the network, on jailbreak, there are guards, prisoners, and a warden selected each round. The warden would give the prisoners orders, and they had to follow them or try to escape the guards to find a weapon and kill the guards and warden. There were many rules to the game mode, so the server admins were very important, I had to punish cheaters, moderate the voice and text chat, make sure that the warden and the guards were not killing prisoners without a valid reason, and make sure the warden didn’t give any disallowed instructions. On surf, I just had to moderate voice and text chat and ensure that players were not cheating.

SnowHCF - Admin:

Snow first started as a regular HCF server. It got around 10-40 people on a day. To me, it’s pretty big to admin on a server like that since it was early in my Minecraft career. I had a lot of fun on that server. I was a friend with one of the owners (the one who accepted me into becoming staff), and he showed me some plugins I didn’t know. Eventually, I got into a fight with him, he abused his powers and banned me. He did unban me eventually, but the server has shut down.

What is your knowledge of MunchyMC?

I have been playing MunchyMC for over a year now, and my knowledge has expanded exponentially. I have had experience in all of the popular servers, and I can provide information about them. I am going to describe each server and what I know about them briefly.

KitPvP: KitPvP is a friendly environment where players can select between a variety of kits, with differing abilities to fight other players. KitPvP is enjoyable because players can continuously play, there is no waiting for the next round to begin or time to wait when they were eliminated, they can instantly jump back into the fight. Players can also participate in events; events are mini-games that players can optionally join, these events may include, PvP, precise actions, or other skills, the last person left wins! Players can create clans with their friends, try to win cash prizes from seasonal stats, and earn tokens to buy new kits!

Prison: Prison is a less combat focused game that is much more tedious than servers like KitPvP. On prison, you start at the bottom; you have to mine blocks to earn money so that you can rank up! It progressively gets more difficult as you rank up, it takes a lot more time and money to rank up. You can get items with special abilities such as pickaxes and armor. You can go out into the free world and try to survive, you can find items in the free world, but it is hazardous!

Wool Wars: Wool Wars is one of the less popular servers on MunchyMC, but in my opinion, it is an enjoyable game mode. On Wool Wars, you can choose kits with special abilities. The object of the game is to survive the longest, the floor is slowly rising so you must climb while fighting other players, there are chests scattered around the map, you can find loot inside of these chests like weapons and armor! The last person alive wins the game!

Survival: Survival is a new server that has recently come to MunchyMC, the server is quite simple, you can go out into the wild and claim a piece of land. The objective is to have fun! You can build, mine resources to get items, sell and buy items with a shop or with the auction. Survival is meant to be a vanilla-like server with a few modifications to make it much more enjoyable. You can level up your skills with McMMO; you can gain more resources with higher level skills!

Smash: Smash is also a new server to MunchyMC, it has been in the works for a long time coming. On this server, you select classes, with unique sets of abilities. You must use these abilities to knock other players off of the map, when the time runs out, the person who has been knocked out the least wins! The game is still in development and currently in open beta, for anybody to play!

Forums: The forums are a place for all of the MunchyMC players to converse, it includes all topics relating the server, you can report hackers there, it’s where all of the players can interact even if they are not on at the same time. The forums include information for everything on the servers. Players can suggest their ideas on the forums and get feedback from other players. The same goes with staff, they can send announcements about updates, and they can ask for players opinions. The forums are where players apply for the build team, event team, media rank, or for a staff position.

Discord: The MunchyMC Discord is a useful place where players can receive quick and reliable help, staff members use discord very often, so it is easy to get help directly from moderators and admins. Players can report cheaters or false auto bans; they can also get help if they paid for something from the store and never received the item. The discord is also used for players to communicate with each other; players can chat with each other about the server or relating topics.

TeamSpeak: The MunchyMC Teamspeak is frequently used for players and staff members alike to chat with one another about any topic. BadBoyHalo also talks to players on Teamspeak during his live streams and some videos. Anybody can join the Teamspeak, and even players without microphones can chat with each other. Players can also get help or report hackers to staff members on the Teamspeak in the Help & Support section.

There is much more I know about the network, and I’m confident I could answer any question about it.

Do you have any Anticheat experience?

Yes, I have experience using anti-cheats, and I once attempted to create my own. Some of the anti-cheat I have experience with are, NoCheatPlus, Groot, Fiona, and a few others that I don’t remember their names. The anti-cheat that I created only detected apparent speed and stopped the player from moving while using speed, similarly to NoCheatPlus. Here is a video of the speed check: https://youtu.be/ivyhRu4u9J4. I know a few things about the MunchyMC anti cheat, but not much on how it works, I know how to use some of the commands, and I know that there is a website similar to the LiteBans website, that records all of the bans.

Link AT LEAST 2 videos of hackers that you have recorded and/or reported on MunchyMC:

NoHaxJustMalakai, the target in this video; I first noticed them at the beginning of the video, when they weirdly teleported into the air, I followed them around for a bit to see what I could find. I found that Malakai had strange movements, it looked like they were using an ESP or force field because they snapped onto me and attempted to attack me, even though I would be invisible to the standard player because I was in spectator mode. At 0:28 you can see that they took damage and did not take any knock-back or slowdown what-so-ever, this could indicate that they had an anti-knock-back modification. They were soon auto-banned by the anti-cheat, then banned by a staff member after that.

In this video, you can see that SteffeThePD was using apparent client modifications. He was using a kind of forcefield referred to as “TP Aura,” this modification is like a regular force field cheat, but it makes the user randomly and quickly teleport around the user they are locked onto. It also seems like they could be using an autosoup modification, as you can see they were not dying when other players were hitting them, and you can see they would switch off of their sword just for a moment before going back to it.

I am not for sure if this user “killerkitten3000” was using cheats in this video, but I still reported them because I wasn’t sure. killerkitten3000 is banned as of the moment so it is fairly reasonable to assume that they were cheating, though I cannot prove it. Killerkitten3000 had some odd movements that suggested they were using modifications, as you can see around 0:30 seconds into the video, when LiamTBN and I flew around this user while we were in spectator mode, killerkitten acted as if they could see us and they moved about randomly indicating a form of ESP.

As you can see in the video above, Rubadin was using multiple modifications that gave him a distinct advantage. You can see how they are moving much faster than usual; they also did not slow down when moving backward and to the sides, they merely ran in those directions. Also note how quickly they were swinging their sword, indicating an auto clicker. They also were using a kind of force field, or kill aura, to automatically hit other players when they were in the range of them.

I’m reasonably confident that F1D_ was cheating, but something was wrong with the video so you can’t tell. It looked like they were able to see that I was watching them, I was in spectator so they would not have been able to see me without an ESP. This is an assumption because they did not show any signs that they were able to see me other than the fact that F1D_ tried to log out as soon as they could.

Languages spoken:

English fluently and some broken French, less notably, I can understand some Spanish (I have not tried learned Spanish). I am currently taking French as a second language in school, I can recognize phrases, and I could respond with generic answers/simple answers quickly.

Describe your contributions to MunchyMC thus far?

I have been a member of the community for quite some time now, and I like to believe that I am highly remarked and reputable, I think this is not because I am an event member and a helper, but because I am uncomplicated, I enjoy conversing and collaborating with individuals. I appreciate my experiences, and I can perceive and empathize with other individuals and their situations. For these reasons, I believe that I have contributed to many players individually and the community as a whole. I have also provided to the community in other ways than my traits, as stated, I am a member of the event team. While being an active event team member, I have contributed to the server and community in many ways. One way being physically, I have helped organize, host, and build countless events. I have also contributed to the event team as well, I have come up with successful ideas, I have helped event members who have had difficulty with a situation, I have helped countless players that are new or do not understand how they play an event, I have obviously hosted many events for players, and have hosted events for prizes. I believe it is easy to contribute to the community when you are given the ability to do so; the event team does that in such a fun and straightforward way. I have also been a Helper for a short amount of time before I took a break from MunchyMC I was a helper for about two months, and now again. Helpers can contribute to the server in many ways, less notably, helpers can mute players, muting players is very repetitive and does not require a lot of experience but is still essential for the betterment of the server. I have muted many players in the time I have been a helper, mostly for advertising, harassment, and of course, spamming. More notably, I have been able to help many players with a variety of situations, my ability to get in contact with higher level staff members is beneficial for players that have a problem, but either doesn’t know how to report it or need assistance from a higher level staff member though I can solve most of the issues that players may come to me with. I provide players with fast and accurate information that directly answer their question or solve their problem.

What is your greatest strength?

I have many strengths that I show on a daily basis, but one of my more distinguished strengths would be my flexibility, meaning that I am knowledgeable in a wide variety of situations, and can quickly adapt to different situations. Furthermore, I am highly proficient in various conditions; I can converse with others remarkably well, whether the case is profoundly severe, or straightforward and can be easily solved.

Comment on your ability to work within a team:

I enjoy working with a team, working with others who are trying to accomplish the same goal is something that comes naturally to me. I have worked with countless groups in real life, and online. I believe that working with others is much more fun than working by yourself, even more so when it’s with people you already enjoy being around. I’ve been apart of the Event team for quite some time now, from my experience, communication, thoughtfulness, and common sense are the most significant requirements for being successful working within a team. By this I mean that an individual can not control teamwork, it requires one to have an open mind. I especially excel with the concept; I can be open-minded while still having my own opinion, knowing limitations and being able to successfully perform within a team without terminating the views of other individuals.

What is your experience and knowledge of hacks?

I am quite knowledgeable about cheats, I have used cheats (not on public servers) for testing purposes and just for fun with friends. I understand many methods for recognizing a player that is using hacks; movement is a huge giveaway, for anybody that has been playing Minecraft PvP for some time, it is easy in most cases to recognize when another player is moving a strange way. For example, I’ve noticed as a helper, when I am in spectator mode watching players, sometimes, some players that have cheats can see you while in spectator mode. This is a result of the ESP cheat, it allows the cheater to be able to see spectators and other players.

Some of the hacks that I am familiar in no particular order with include:

• KillAura - Modification that makes the client automatically hit players within their hit range.
  • ForceField - Similar to KillAura, makes a clients head snap to close players and automatically hit them.
  • Speed - Allows the client to move faster than usual.
  • Timer - Speeds up all of the client’s actions; moving, eating, hitting, shooting a bow.
  • Sprint - Allows the client to sprint in all directions.
  • Sneak - Allows the client to sneak without changes to movement, they can sprint while sneaking.
  • ESP - Makes other players on the client’s screen appear with a box or other visual representation of them. They can see players through walls.
  • Xray - Allows the client to be able to see blocks such as diamond, iron, and coal ore.
  • Reach - Allows the client to hit players from further than what is normal.
  • Phase - Allows the client to move through specific objects; fences, slabs, glass, etc.
  • Regen - Allows the client to heal faster than usual - sends a lot of packets.
  • Anti KnockBack/Velocity - Allows the client to select how much knockback they will receive when they are hit or take damage.
  • Step - Allows the client to walk up a block(s) without jumping instantly.
  • Fly - Allows the client to fly in any game mode.
  • Freecam - Allows the client to move out of their character and noclip around only on the client side perspective.
  • Noclip - Allows the client to fly like the Fly hack but they can move through blocks without restriction.
  • FastBow - Allows the client to shoot a bow very fast, without pulling the arrow pack all of the ways back but with the same power.
  • Bunnyhop (BHop) - Forces the client to jump around and move very fast, similar to speed.
  • Fastplace - Allows the client to place blocks very quickly.
  • Fastbreak - Allows the client to break blocks very quickly.
  • AimAssist - Makes the client more easily follow players when they are fighting, like a so lock on.
  • Click AimAssist - Makes the client more easily follow players when they are fighting, but only when they click, they won’t automatically follow the player.
  • AutoArmor - Makes the client use the best armor in their inventory, and automatically places the piece on them.
  • Jesus - Allows the client to walk and place blocks on the top of water and lava.
  • NoFall - Allows the client not to take fall damage.
  • NoSlowDown - Allows the client to not slow down from any object; cobwebs, water, soulsand, etc.
  • Spider - Makes the client climb up walls like a ladder.
  • Tracers - Draws a line on their screen to players, similar to ESP.

Notes:
Edits have only been for minor things such as formatting.

3 Likes

Hello!

I’d just like to say one thing. You’ve recently come back from a long break. I personally have only seen you on once. Becuase of this I’m not as to how you would preform on the staff team. Apart from that your application is great!

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback I appreciate it.

I addressed my 2-month break in the application.
I would like to say that our time zones are quite distant, you’re GMT and I’m CST so we have a 6 hour time difference. I personally believe that I am quite active, I try to spend as much time as I can on the server. Recently, I’ve not been able to spend as much time as I would like on the server because of finals. I still try to spend at least an hour or two actively helping players, but I will be able to spend more time on after this semester ends. I would still say that I am one of the more active helpers.

Again, thank you for the feedback and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

1 Like

Application accepted! Please contact me to set up an interview.

5 Likes