Staff Application (August 2020) - 4ldo

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Absolutely, I’ve been a pretty active player for the past 15 months.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I am able to record with OBS, and also able to upload the video wherever is needed.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
I have TeamSpeak 3, even though I don’t use it regularly, I would be able to when needed.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: 4ldo

Timezone: GMT-5 (Greenwich Mean Time).

Languages Spoken: English and Spanish (main).

How active can you be per week? I am often available from 11:00 to 23:00 (Not continuously), but specifically, I’m active between these hours per day:

Sunday: 10:00 - 00:00
Monday: 11:00 - 23:00
Tuesday: 11:00 - 23:00
Wednesday: 11:00 - 23:00
Thursday: 10:00 - 23:00
Friday: 10:00 - 01:00
Saturday: 10:00 - 01:00

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?
I joined on May 4th, last year. During that time I just wanted to play Survival with a friend, I discovered this server and decided to give it a try. I remember that the population of Survival specifically was pretty low, however I enjoyed playing on it because everybody was friendly and very welcoming.My friend eventually stopped playing there, but I started meeting new people with whom I would make incredible memories soon after. Some of them, funny enough, made such a big impact on me and it was all thanks to the server.

I can safely say that the reason I stayed was because of the community, I hadn’t met such nice folks anywhere, and I’m often surprised on how this legacy goes on after all this time. I was scared at first that because of the popularity the server has gained, a lot of not-so nice people would come to what became a safe place for me, but thankfuly that’s not the case, and I know that staff is working really hard on keeping it like this, I mean there are already a large amount of staff members who get busy dealing with the problems that sometimes occur, but I’d really love to be part of the team being able to make a change, if you will. I have learnt a lot from the community, and even from myself, which is crazy considering that I never thought that a desire to just play in a server could teach me so much about life, it has been this important and I’m taking this as a way of knowing myself.

Sadly I’d often feel left out lately because most of the people I used to play with have become a memory at this point, and I couldn’t fit nor feel part of the community anymore, so I’m taking this opportunity to become somebody again, and give the most out of myself to improve the server and moderate to make this place as safe as it was presented to me as a way to return the favor for all those good moments I lived in here. At the end I’m doing this for the new, not so new, and veteran players out there.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:
Fortunately I haven’t done anything deserving of a punishment during my time in the server.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:
This would be my first time moderating.

Do you have any anticheat experience?
Not really.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
I haven’t taken evidence of somebody cheating, since I always use the command /report in-game when something happens, and I don’t save the proof either.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?
With the knowledge I’ve acquired during my time on Munchy, I make sure to assist everyone I can and when possible by showing them the way and explaining how to do certain things. Also when a bug or glitch is found, I make sure the staff know about it, however since I don’t find myself using the forums nor the discord server (I’m aware there’s a section dedicated to it) that often, I can only tell them whenever they’re in the server online.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?
I will say that despite not being the more experienced nor skilled, I am willing to learn whatever is needed and especially how moderation is ususally done, I’ve spent most of my time in the server to be sure about it. I propose myself to be as dedicated as I can be, even if it difficulties me due some personal issues. This server was everything to me at some point and I want to be part of the ongoing journey, even if it’s by a little.

How do you work when in a team?
Some things are better done by ourselves, but in this case having to manage such a playerbase is a task that an organized team should take care of, and I consider myself very organized with my own stuff and when doing teamwork. I can also manage to adapt to the circumstances if needed.

I can’t credit myself for my past works, but I like to work in a team I am happy with and knowing what I’m doing, this would be the case and of course once I learn the proper protocols. I can get everything done with those few but crucial conditions.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?
My first time applying, ever. I didn’t care about becoming a staff member before, since all I was looking for was to have fun, however I certainly have changed thanks to this server, so I want to demonstrate my growth by becoming somewhat influential to it. Without a doubt, this is a test of courage for me.

Sincerely, 4ldo.

Edit:
- Removed last chunk
- Corrected some grammatical mistakes

+0.9 very detailed but has some grammatical errors

Your application looks solid and you have good answers for most of the questions! I haven’t seen you online before, but that could be me or timezones. I’m curious as to why you don’t use the forums or discord, as they are excellent ways to get connected with the community - highly recommended.
It’s going to be a +0.5 from me!

Overall good application.

One thing: Experience is very important and I do see that you are lacking it both in moderation and anti-cheat experience.

Nevertheless, good luck with your application!

+0.5

I appreciate the feedback and good wishes given!

Hey 4ldo,
Unfortunately your application has been denied. I’d love to see you be more active within the community. Thank you for your interest in the role, and I hope to see you apply again in the future!