Squishify's Event Team Application

IGN: Squishify

Timezone: Pacific Standard Time

How often can you host events: I will be able to come on for about 2-4 hours everyday depending on the workload. For example once school starts (August 20), I will be able to host events later in the day. I have 4 commitments (jobs, volunteering, school, etc) and my most available days will be Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Although my commitments might make me fairly busy and possibly disallow me to host events as frequently as others can, I will still host them later in the day to the best of my ability and try my hardest to satisfy players’ experiences. Here’s an example of my overall availability and when I’ll be able to host events according to certain days of the week:

Monday: 7pm - 10pm

Tuesday: 8pm - 10pm

Wednesday: 4pm - 10pm

Thursday: 8pm - 10pm

Friday: 4pm - 11pm

Saturday: 9am - 6pm

Sunday: 9am - 4:30pm

Note: These are the general expected hours of my availability. If accepted, I will go more in depth about obtainability. I will also update if anything changes in my schedule. I’m aware that my schedule might be considered inflexible to some, but this will still not prevent me from being active and an all in all excellent event team member.

What sets you apart from other applicants: I have previous moderator experience on Munchy, so I would often host events for the players. Because of this, I would not have trouble relearning how to host events or use the commands since I used to host events at least three times a week. It would take less time for me to learn the ropes compared to other applicants since my memory is sharp and I remember the essentials from a couple years back when I was a moderator. Of course I could still use a quick refresher on the commands, though. Moreover, I’ve been on Munchy since the very beginning and have a lot of knowledge about the events. Not only this, but I like to consider myself a friendly and enjoyable person and I think people would not be disappointed if I was added to the event team. Hosting events as a moderator was something that I always looked forward to doing since I enjoy pleasing, entertaining, and satisfying others. I think that being an event team member is the perfect position for me because of this and that I will not manage to disappoint or let anyone down when hosting events. Some may think that always trying to please others is a weakness, but I see it as a strength, especially in this particular case. I believe that it’s very important that everyone on Munchy is satisfied and having a fun experience.

What can you bring to MunchyMC as an Event Member: As stated above, I am a generally easygoing, fun, and likable person, on Munchy and off. I genuinely enjoy pleasing and entertaining others and it’s something that’s always made me smile. I feel as though entertainment and fun is one of the core values of being an event team member, which is why I think I’d be a perfect fit for the team. If my application is accepted, I will not hesitate to make sure that players aren’t bored and are content on the server. Overall, I can bring previous experience, freedom, and enjoyment as an event team member. Furthermore, because I was previously a mod, I know what to expect when hosting events and already know that I’m qualified to do so. Although I’m sure there’s quite a few new events and commands, I’m more than willing to learn and recognize them since I’m a quick learner and a patient listener. While doing all of this, my main goal is ensuring that the players here do enjoy the events that’ll be hosted.

Here’s a list of commands I’m familiar with when it comes to hosting events:

1. /host - This command opens up a GUI with all the different automated events that can be hosted.
  2. /ekick - This command kicks a player from the event.
  3. /eban - This command bans a player from the event world.
  4. /broadcast - This shows a message bigger than usual to announce you’re hosting an event.
  5. /eventtpall - This allows you to send a tp request throughout all the players online to join the event

Why do you want to be on the event team: I want to be on the event team because I want to bring fun and enjoyment to players. I already try my best to do this, but being an event team member will just enhance it. I think that as a warm and outgoing person, this job will be perfect for me and I can bring delight and comfort to others easily. In addition, working on a team and bringing joy to others are two of my favorite things and when you combine these two aspects together, being an event team member seems like the perfect outcome. I love helping others and making sure everyone is happy and having a fun time. When it comes to hanging around people, leaving anyone out is my last intention and because of that I think that anyone’s request for an event will not go unnoticed. For example, I will check in with players, try my best to spice things up, and continuously verify that everyone is having a joyful experience. Being on the event team will be the perfect position for me and it’ll allow me to further make sure people are having fun and are enjoying their stay on Munchy. I’ve always been involved in the community and it has always made me happy, but I want to make more of a contribution and I think being an event team member would be an ideal way to do so.

Give us one or more examples of an Event Member(s) doing something positive (I.E. Hosting an event when you asked, allowing you to become the slayer in RR, etc.): I believe that event members are one of the key reasons players don’t get bored while on KitPvP. An event always tends to bring something unique and exciting to someone’s gameplay, so I appreciate all of the event team members. To be more detailed, however, here’s just a few listed examples of event members doing positive things for me:

• Gawkyy: Hosting waterdrop after I requested it and then letting me watch waterdrop and give ideas to complicate the jumps
  • oBears: Allowing me to be slayer in Red Rover, also hosting sumo per request
  • NoEffortName: hosting OITC per request

Anything else you would like to add: I’m not going to lie and say that there wasn’t a time shortly after I resigned from mod that I was toxic and blatantly cold to others around me. Although that was only a year ago, I think that I’ve definitely changed and am more honest, kind, mature, and approachable than I ever was before. I am ready to take on another position and I also think that this is the perfect option for me and I hope to prove that I’m capable of it. I’m not perfect and there are some things that I definitely need to strengthen and some weaknesses I have, but I still don’t think any of my flaws could get in the way of me becoming a successful and outstanding event team member in the end. The weaknesses that I have are mostly based on the person I was before and I have worked on them all. Because of this, I’m confident that applying is the right thing for me to do. I think that it’s significant to be honest and open and that’s why I’m adding this on my application in the first place. Even if I get denied, I will still persist, try, evolve, and continue to apply in the future. Anyways, there’s not really an excuse for why I acted the way I did back then, but all I can do is apologize, make amends, move on, and grow.

Thanks for reading :)

6 Likes

+1

Very friendly and mature girl, very active as well.

I’ve known her for a long time and she would fit well as an Event Team Member!

1 Like

+1
She’s very active, mature, friendly, and is very helpful to me when it comes to events. Without a doubt I do think she deserves this title and she’ll do an amazing job at it! Best of luck Squishy :heart:

1 Like

It’s squshify. squishify
+1

1 Like

+1
Active
Friendly
Good luck!

1 Like

+1, naisu

1 Like

+1, OMG YOU APPLIED! :smile: :blush:
She’s veryyyy active, mature and is overall a perfect candidate. I personally think that she deserves event. Wish you the best of luck :heart: !

1 Like

+1 cool woman

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback! :heart:

+1 very mature (has joshy helper)

1 Like

+1 Great friend, and fit for the role.

1 Like

shes a better friend to me ahahah!

1 Like

+1

Active ingame, mature-ish, and a great friend. Would be a great event member!

1 Like

+1
very epic person and swag
nice
active
good luck

1 Like

+1 One of the nicest people I met on munchy so far, she’s been staff before so she would be a perfect event member! ^-^

• Knowledge
  • Mature
  • #1 Joshy Helper :cowboy_hat_face:
  • Active!
1 Like

+1, no need to explain further, she’s an amazing applicant who deserves a shot on becoming a event member.

1 Like

Hello :open_mouth:

• Mature
  • Active
  • Kind
  • Toaster

+1

1 Like

Good lack sqash ; ) +1

1 Like

You friggin go squish!

1 Like

+1 mature, active and nice! I think Squishify will be a great addition to the event team

1 Like