Soup or Potions?

I am not that good at pvp, and I wanted some advice on if I should use potions or soup when just starting to pvp a lot.
Thanks.

2 Likes

I like soup, because you don’t have to flick down or at a wall to splash a potion, as you can stay aiming directly at your opponent. If you learn how to quick switch in your hotbar, and how to refill soups properly, you should be good. (If you were to splash your health potions at the other player that you were in combat with, it would heal them as well, defeating the purpose.) I also have a relatively low sensitivity that helps me aim better, so trying to flick doesn’t work for me too well.

Again, this is my personal opinion, and I’m sure many others prefer potions for their own reasons! It’s totally your choice for which one you end up switching to, as you should do what you feel works best for you and your combat settings.

Thanks,
AceCaptainRex

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been using potions mainly but have been trying to learn how to soup quickly. I have a hard time switching through my hotbar quickly and not being able to soup quick enough/use potions quick enough. Thanks for the helpful advice.

2 Likes

Glad I could help! :smiley:

2 Likes

Soup is probably the easiest and quickest to use option but always keep in mind that when you use potions you take slightly less health, something to think about. Its really up to opinion and technique though!

2 Likes

I think both soup and potions are great options! They both have their ups and downs, but I don’t prefer one over the other.

If you have fast reflexes and can easily switch between Hotbar slots, then you should opt for soup. I think soup is better when you’re in the middle of a larger battle and you need to go get your health and continue fighting right after.

Another benefit of using soup is you can left-click with it! This is great if you are low and need to heal fast without running away! This is why soup is great on smaller platforms!

However, soup is a little harder to refill. If you are looking for soup in an urgent situation, you may have a few problems!

Potions are also great for other circumstances. If you need instant healing, potions are ideal! Instant healing can give you more hearts. This is great if your health is very low and you are getting chased!

Another great thing about potions is that they are easier to refill. Let’s say you used all of your potions. If would be easier to fill up a potion.

However, a disadvantage of having potions is the fact that, as @AceCaptainRex said, you would have to right-click down to use this! This will be a little harder to do if you are in a 1v1 and you are low.

Overall, both are pretty good options and depend on multiple factors!

I hope you found this useful! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Potion users are weak to elementalists using the wind bow.
The wind bow will throw you a few blocks up before you fall down, in that time a second shot is ready to hit you on the way down, most potters can not handle this situation and die even though they throw 3-5 potions at once. xD

3 Likes

Thanks for the helpful advice/information! Like you said, both soup and potions have their ups and downs. I will probably try out both and see which one I like more.

3 Likes

For a 1V1 pots, no doubt about it
But for FFA soups. Because soups only heal u, and the pots can heal other people in ffa, so yeahh

2 Likes

I personally prefer potions, the reason for this is that there is actually a damage reduction on potions, if you hover over the switch to pots then it says u take less damage

2 Likes

Try both.
Do what’s more comfortable for you. Although soup you do have to pull out of the fight to heal and soup is a solved problem to that. If you want to try pots I’d say do nodebuff or debuff before you try to fight against people with soup. If you want to get comfortable using soups learn your hotkeys and get a muscle memory to those with soup or pots. They both take different skills and without speed with the default kit (pvp) it’s harder to pot in general.

2 Likes

soup cause the soups are tasty the pots taste bad

1 Like

You should use soup because potions can heal your enemy.

1 Like

SOUP.

First of all, pots can heal your enemies. Second of all, soups are more reliable, as you can use them literally anywhere with full healing guaranteed. With pots you have to aim it perfectly to get the maximum healing. Just learn how to drop your bowls and you’re golden.

uwu

2 Likes