Snow and Ice

Hello,
I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I wasn’t sure where to go. I got on today and did some terrain forming on my base, creating mountains and plains and spent the latter part of my day breaking down some of my buildings and rebuilding them elsewhere. I noticed about halfway through the day that when it snowed, the snow did not stack on the ground as it had yesterday. I also noticed the water that would regenerate into ice just stays water now. I tried relogging and nothing changed. Is there any reason this has changed?
Related possibly is the lag I noted as well. I’ve been block trapped multiple times in the last two days as well as noticed animals moving incredibly slowly. Not sure if this is across the server or if it is just me. I did ask in chat earlier today and others mentioned they were experiencing lag too so possibly not me? Is there an update going on I missed the notice on?

Now I am not the most reliable source for 1.17/1.16.5 but I am pretty sure you are able to stop the mechanics of mincecraft turning water into ice by water-logging water blocks. This means placing a slab on the bottom of the waterblock forcing the game to keep it a water-source as ice is not able to collide with other blocks!

If your water block arent water-logged, the server is quite laggy and it may just be a basic bug that happens here and then with over 60-70 active players playing on the same world, with shared chunks. This case can also happen with snow!

What is shared chunks?

The server has a set amount of chunks it can load all together, I believe that the server isnt counting the chunks you were previously in as loaded. This means the chunk is not active, meaning all time minecraft will stop on that unloaded chunk.

Yet again I may be completely wrong but it has happened before and I am able to provide a bit of backside information on your case.

If any questions or regards are located to me, please reach out to my discord.
Bearaddo#3068

Have a good day!