Skywars Return to MunchyMC?

Hello MunchyMC Community!

I wanted to give my opinion on MunchyMC bringing back Skywars to the network I will be discussing the pros and cons and why it could work this time as to why it didn’t work the last time so I hope you guys enjoy!

Why Didn’t It Work Last Time?

I would like to assume MunchyMC had Skywars back in 2015 now it didn’t work as not a lot of players seemed increased now I am sure most of you guys are aware back in 2015 Skywars was a popular game mode on most servers however, it was popular mostly on Hypixel and it was by far the top game mode on Hypixel so most people who wanted to player skywars probably just went there. One thing that has changed this is that since then Hypixel moved on to their new top PVP game mode Bedwars that overthrew Skywars quite a bit meaning that the updates on Skywars had come to an end and there hasn’t been a lot in Skywars recently as well, since of Skyblock, Skywars also has had a lot of lag while playing making a lot of players leaving or not bothering playing.

I feel having Skywars on the server could work this time as its a great open field for MunchyMC to slide into here to get a decent Skywars server setup.

Possible Opportunities

One major opportunity that MunchyMC could get with bring Skywars back is probably a lot of the older Skywars players that used to play Skywars as a lot of people do enjoy the game as well I feel munchy can make it very unique with their Admin and Developer team bringing a new way to play Skywars to the player base.

Another opportunity that MunchyMC could bring is an extra way for Media Ranks or any streamer/YouTuber to have other content other than Survival games and Woolwars (Most YouTubers play these games I know some do KitPVP and Survival) and I feel great content could be made with this idea as well as many events for the server its self as well for tournaments.

That was all I could really think of Lmk what your opinion is!

6 Likes

Nope.

1 Like

I would like to point a few things out, Skywars on MunchyMC was unique and not like any of the other skywars gamemodes on any server. You can in no way compare the Skywars gamemode we had on our server to servers such as hypixel.

Munchy’s skywars was basically HG, in the sky. All the kits/totems that were on here had unique abilities, players could double-jump, there was a feast that would spawn etc.

So no offense to your post or any means, but your argument of ‘why it didn’t work last time’ makes little to no sense.

In reality, Skywars didn’t work out because around 2016-17 the playerbase started slowly going downwards aswell as there was not really a developer that brought out frequent updates to the gamemode, making it stale and eventually boring for the majority of the players to even play.

I believe that this will still be an issue if we would bring Skywars back to the server, I doubt there is any developer who could revamp this whole gamemode, like Fumaz did for example (love you fumaz), as there are currently different priorities for the developers.

TL;DR - As much as I wanted it to, no, skywars won’t make a return to MunchyMC from my perspective.

5 Likes

I would totally play skywars on munchymc. I would even restart my Minecraft channel for munchymc skywars. I agree with you

1 Like

Try not to necropost (replying to a topic that’s more then a month old)

1 Like

Necropost