SixNumbers December 2020 Staff Application

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes! I’ve been playing since January 2019, and since then I’ve been slowly falling in love with Woolwars.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I use Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) and I can still get around 40fps with it recording. However, my Internet only allows for around 5 minutes upload times on videos, so generally a staff member will get to the hacker (I always message any that are online) before my report is uploaded.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yes- especially with Discord. Flare and I are about 99% sure I have the 2nd most sent messages, with 23k, with him in first at 37k. I am constantly online the munchy discord, sometimes even in school D:
As for teamspeak, some of my irl friends have problems with discord, so we use teamspeak to play Dungeons and Dragons on it (yes. I am a nerd. So are you, if you’re reading this). This made me competent in using TS3, but, like most others, I prefer discord.

Application

IGN:
SixNumbers (was xoPotatoe, NumberSix)

Timezone:
GMT during winter months, IST/ITC+1 during the summer months.

Languages spoken:
English (fluent), Irish (native, semi fluent), French (student, amateur)

Server(s) you are interested in moderating:
Woolwars

How active can you be per week?

MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY: 5.30pm-8.30pm
FRIDAY: 2pm-5pm (or 5.30-8.30, depending on the day :+1:)
No set schedule for weekends, but I can pretty much be on anytime I’m needed 1pm-8pm, and will get 3-4 hours activity within that time frame)
I haven’t been on since the 22nd because I’ve been on holiday far from my computer (covid safe!)
Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
Yes! I have a 5 minute automute for saying the word ‘s*xy’. Since then, I’ve taken the effort to learn all the words that aren’t allowed.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
Yes, I have. I applied last season, both for Woolwars and Survival.
Survival- I was denied for not reaching the standard of what they’re looking for in a staff member. This makes sense–I was relatively new to survival, and I had focused more on getting rich than interacting with the community.
Woolwars-- I was given no reason at the time, but I later DMed BFI01 and he told me the denial was due to some issues with other players. Since then, I’ve had nothing but good experiences with the community :)

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I’d say I’m one of the more well known players of Woolwars, especially in the discord.
Ingame, I often play private games with friends, and I’m always talking to people in public games too. I have good relations with all the well known players, and I always make the attempt to communicate with random players too- especially players who have complaints with the game. I couldn’t count how many times I’ve managed to convince a player that had a bad experience that it was a one time thing, and he should give it another chance. Its one of my favourite things about woolwars; it has a little something in it for everyone.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
My reasons for this has varied over every time I’ve applied.
This time, I feel as though my answer has matured.
To preface my answer, I’d like to say that woolwars is my favourite game. And in this modern age, that’s not an easy statement to make! I love the unique rules of the game, but what really makes it is the community. I love communicating with and giving gifts to members of the community, and it makes me so happy to see them happy. The chats we have in the woolwars channel on discord make me very happy.
I want to take my enjoyment of Woolwars to the next level-- both on a professional and social way. I’ve made some wonderful friends in the community: uwuMiny, rainbowscribble, flareconk, OwOzz (his current ign), and many, many more and I love them all.
I want a staff position so I can make them proud, and so I can do more with my creative energy. I have a lot of ideas flowing for woolwars, and soon will be my burst, in a manner of speaking. I plan on making many suggestions in the near future. Holding a staff position would give me the resources and respect I need to channel this creative energy, and to maintain the beauty that Woolwars already is.
Not only that, but I want to help with the moderation of Woolwars. The integrity of the players and chat is very important to me.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
I’d give myself a 9/10. I have moderated many communities, including but not limited to:

• An Amino community, where members could chat and create posts (a sort of discord forums combo) based around the book series Brotherband by John Flanagan. From there, I learned to look for the qualities in a staff members, how to maintain activity within a community, and how to moderate a chat.
    I also Dungeon Master (and play separately) for a Dungeons and Dragons campaign with my irl friends. From there, I learned how to control a group of people without shouting and blustering. I also learned how to spot cheating (fudging dice rolls) and how to investigate it without insulting anyone.
    Dungeon Mastering also teaches you when to say no. I’ve gotten a lot better at that than I used to be last time I applied.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
7/10. I’ve been playing Minecraft on and off for 7 years. Ive been watching content based on the experiences of moderating a minecraft server for a long time, too.
I’m easily able to recognise movement hacks, as well as most aura hacks. The hacks I have most trouble spotting are hardly even hacks- minimap with players, which is nigh impossible to know from watching in a Woolwars game, and slight knockback modifications. However, I’m constantly learning about new hacks.

*Please link us to any hacker reports you have made.

As I said, most of the time, there are mods on that can ban them :)

20 Likes

+1

Six reasons about why six should be staff.

Six is helpful, kind, welcoming, knowledgeable, fun to be around and has been very active in the community.

Another couple reasons,
He is dedicated to the server, has been playing the server for almost 2 years and is definitely due some sort of staff role. Honestly I’d think he’s the perfect applicant for WoolWars, only negative side is he’s not super active on WoolWars, but it’s more consistent activity, but when he is he’s the perfect person to help you.

He has tried his hardest since the last Staff Application season to perfect his application and how he acts on the server and he has definitely improved his application and he has also improved his activity since last season. He is also very active and talkative in the Community Discord Server.

With no bias, I can truthfully say with my chest, Six deserves some sort of staff rank.

Sincerely, Minyzombie

1 Like

I’m not going to comment on activity because I don’t play WoolWars that much. I know you try to be friendly and kind but you are really passive-aggressive and very pessimistic in some scenarios and that’s not exactly a good influence on younger players :-(

You can be very mature but in some cases you really aren’t mature. I wish you the best of Luck on your application though.

5 Likes

omg seven i hate u but +1 active

2 Likes

Thanks so much @uwuMiny, @xoLilith and @ImKindaSilly for the reviews :slight_smile:

Baddie, im really sorry that I came across as passive aggressive before. Back when you were latins baddie we often had a battle of wits, as they say, and our jokes mainly revolved around insults!
You’ve changed a lot since then and I’m happy to accept that :slight_smile:
I do consider myself a very optimistic person, too.

2 Likes

+1 for six.

1 Like

Hey Six!

You are a great friend, and your application is very descriptive.

Whilst reading your application, I think you made a mistake here. Did you mean “weekend”?.

I’m giving you a +1, Thank you for being an amazing friend!

Good luck Six!

~Aquarift

1 Like

+0.99

Dies to me in woolwars way too often for a full +1

Very good player, Not toxic, Pretty pog. And his application was nice.

1 Like

Thanks so much @conk @Aquarift @HanzoHattori22!

@Aquarift yes I did :flushed: edited…
@HanzoHattori22 duel me.

1 Like

Please don’t accept six. He abuses me in dms. He always talks in help channels (even more than me!)

Jk +1 because he’s cool :sunglasses:

Also wayyy to much writing in his app for me to read, so that’s good, I guess

1 Like

+1

• Helpful on Discord
  • Really active in-game
  • Mature
  • Contributes

Good luck! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @strxategy and @Vurm :slight_smile:

Glad to know I got the Vurm approval

1 Like

+2374832478132941111
kind
awesome
good
person
human
VI
somethign good
somethign good
somethign good

1 Like

Wow ur not glad u got my approval :pensive:

1 Like

Who got my post deleted that’s actually very rude

+0
I believe your activity and familiarity with the gamemode are up to spec, but I think your maturity still needs a bit of work.
Best of luck!

1 Like

thanks for the feedback :) I rarely see you ingame, so I suspect your going off my activity on discord? Generally everyone’s very laid back there :)

1 Like

Very active on all platforms
Very friendly and helpful
Wish to see you a bit more on woolwars (but that may just be because of timezones)

+1
Good luck owosix

1 Like

+0.8

You’re pretty active, and especially on the forums & Discord. Super kind and fun to chat with! I feel like you know pretty well what a staff member’s task is, and I think this would be really helpful for the server.

What I do think though is that you sometimes overkill helping players with issues (especially in Disocord) that are supposed to be resolved by staff members. This could kind of transform ‘helping’ into ‘minimodding’, and some people can get annoyed by this which is pretty understandable.

Nevertheless, I think you’d be a great staff member!

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Ripshot and @Serpp <3

i can definitely see where you’re coming from, serpp! i always try my best not to come across as I’m reprimanding people for the sake of it :)

1 Like