Shadowgodz19's December 2020 staff application

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes I started playing Munchy in 2015. However, I have been a regular player since July 2020.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes I use obs to record hackers and windows movie maker to edit.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?: Yes I prefer using discord but I am familiar with TeamSpeak.

Application

IGN: shadowgodz19

Timezone: Canadian Mountain Standard Time. (2 hours behind EST)

Languages spoken: English and basic Spanish.

Server(s) you are interested in moderating: Prison/Wool Wars

How active can you be per week? Currently I’m on 12 hours a day with the map reset, before that I would probably play roughly 5-8 hours per day in any given week. Here is a rough outline of the hours I can be active.
Monday: 2 pm - 12 am
Tuesday 2 pm - 12 am
Wednesday: 2 pm - 12 am
Thursday: 5 pm - 1 am
Friday 5pm - 1 am
Saturday 1 pm - 1 am
Sunday 1 pm - 1 am

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story: I have a couple automatic mutes for spamming chat but nothing more serious than that.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application: I applied last staff opening in August. I think I have learned a lot since then, I have been more involved in the Munchy community on the forums as well as in game. Since I got denied last time I took a lot of time to reflect on myself and figure out how to be the best I can be. Going into this application I have a fresh mindset and am willing to do whatever it takes to become a great addition to the MunchyMc staff team.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community? I think my reputation within the MunchyMc community is good. I enjoy helping people in prison whether they’re a new player or have been playing for months people always have questions that need answers. I am always trying to be there to answer anybody’s questions to the best of my ability. I have made quite a few friends on MunchyMc, Friends I didn’t think would be otherwise possible without the MunchyMc community bringing us together. I had a blast playing map 7 with many friends and acquaintances who lightened the mood and helped each other out to make a positive impact on the prison server and the Munchy community as a whole. I think if you were to ask someone about me in chat they would say I’m Honest, Level headed, Kind, and Reasonable.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply? I am interested in applying because I really enjoy helping people. I have been a part of Munchy since I joined in early 2015 to play Map 1 of prison; The server immediately caught my attention I enjoyed playing so much with my friends and getting to know the Munchy community better as time went on. Some players in Prison can make it an unenjoyable experience for others. Many people have fallen victim to personal attacks in chat or subject to racism/sexism one way or another and it hurts me to sit idly by while someone in chat is being berated with attacks. My main motivation is to maintain the level of professionalism at MunchyMc
I know that being staff comes with a stigma and it is important to be very mature and uphold a certain standard. One mod that I respect quite a bit is Gould_. He is someone who I look up to and a reason why I chose to apply. He is younger than me, However, people give him a lot of shit and I respect the fact that he is able to remain calm in these situations and extinguish the flames of peoples remarks towards him. personally I’m not a huge fan of Gould_ but I respect him as a staff member and I think he does his job admirably. Ultimately, I think that is what being a mod is all about, maintaining order and being respected even though that may come at a price of a minority group disliking you.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community? I would put myself at a 9. I have extensive experience moderating servers such as Light pvp and mc-kits. these are both kit servers. Although, Kit can be a different community experience I think my experience is still relevant as it taught me to take things with a grain of salt and not to get too heated over any given situation. I was an Admin on Light pvp for about one year and during this time I got a lot of first hand experience being a staff of a popular server. The community in Light pvp was very different from Munchy, let’s just say they both had/have there up’s and down’s. Mc-kits was a popular kit server back in the day owned by fishfr0g. It was one of the first server I learned to play soup pvp on and will forever have a place in my heart. I worked my way up from trial mod to moderator with my 2 best friends at the time and it was truly the best time I had playing Minecraft. Mc-kits tried to re-open after they closed down in 2016 but they never had as much success as previously and were forced to close the server down due to lack of funding. Mc-kits will always hold a special place in my heart. These two server have shaped me into the man I am today and I am not ashamed to say that I loved them with all of my heart just as I love Munchy. The Munchy community has shared and taught me a bunch of things that can be applied to any given situation and I love that I can share all of my experiences with them and be able to show my appreciation for the friends I’ve made along the way. During my stay on Mc-kits my main duties included banning hackers, hacker reports on the forums, and back then we didn’t have a 1v1 lobby so kicking people for ffa in the 1v1 arena was also one of my jobs. I learned that you’re not always gonna be right and sometimes you will make a mistake and ban somebody who is innocent. I believe it’s important to take all ban appeals seriously even if they might be trolling because you never know if they person was rightfully banned or not. Having to work my way up from mini-mod I learned a lot about the server and their community and now I am able to apply what I’ve learned to Munchy.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters? I would say my knowledge of hacks and cheats is about a 7. Back when I used to play mc-kits and lightpvp. Nodus was the most popular client at the time among hackers. The only problem with this was that it was easy to detect. we had a plugin on Mc-kits that showed how fast players were clicking and were able to determine if they were hacking by teleporting to the player and watching them for a little while. Usually you could tell if someone was hacking if their head moved weirdly. Forcefield was pretty obvious as well as aim bot. Now a days hacks are a little less obvious people use auto clickers to increase performance or use their clients to gain slight edges over their opponents such as a subtle range increase that can be very hard to detect on the surface but can be seen in edited game files or packets. Another common hack I see especially in Munchy is auto fishing. This can be a major issue because fishing is supposed to be a late game skill where u can earn great rewards at the cost of sacrificing a lot of time to get there. However, people who are auto fishing are able to go afk and have their character fish for them while they aren’t there. This is unfair for the people who have to sit there grinding while the person auto fishing does anything while earning free money and rewards. Clearly this is a major problem within Munchy but it is fairly easy to detect as the person fishing will look very weird especially if they’re afk.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
https://www.munchymc.com/forums/t/prison-hacker-report/46269/3

Before I wrap this application up I just want to say thank you to everyone who took the time out of their day to read this and I would appreciate any feedback you can give me in the comment section below. Thank you for reading,
Sincerely, shadowgodz19

6 Likes

+1

Really active and involved on Prison. Would do a great job as a staff member, and this application is very well written.

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Shadowgodz19,

Your application is very detailed, and you seem to be very mature.

I’m not sure if you meant to do this, but in your activity section of your application, your times seem to go through midnight and early morning.

I think you would make a great addition to the staff team, so it is a +1 from me.

Best of luck

~Aquarift

2 Likes

Oh lol thank you very much that was an oversight I’m gonna fix it rn.

2 Likes

+1

• Contributes towards Prison and WoolWars
  • Friendly
  • Active
  • Well-written application

Good luck! :+1:

2 Likes

+1

Shadow has always been a cool, chill, and respectful person and this application is very well written and he put a lot of time into this. If both of our applications get accepted, I can’t wait to work with you. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi, very well written app. Although I’ve never seen you on Woolwars before and you have 200 games, I feel like you could be more active on there. I think you could be a great staff member on Prison tho!

2 Likes

Very detailed response! shadowgirl is always helpful on prison, and extremely active! Huge +1 Good luck!

1 Like

+1 nice dude, active, mature

1 Like

+1 Epic it was really well written also, from personal experience he would be a great part of the staff because, he is very fair and nice.

1 Like

Absolutely not, very toxic to me and my friend oofiemunchkin for no real apparent reason. Im not saying you cant be toxic in prison, but this is not a person i would like to see as a staff member on prison. Consistently targets me and messages me L when i die to his team of 5

1 Like

Um, for the like the first week I was like on 10+ hours a day I never saw shadow say L in the chat or constantly killed people. ;-; I’m pretty sure his kills are under 50 are you sure your not mistaking him for like frindlo or something?

2 Likes

+1 great application. Good luck

2 Likes

This was near the end of map 7, he showed lots of immaturity during prison breaks and in general

Oh ok well I didn’t know that just from personal experience he was nice.

+1, really good application and also active.

1 Like

+1
Very nice player :D

1 Like

+1 Your application is very complete, your active and you got a nice schedule !

1 Like

+1 Nice application

1 Like

I’m quite late but oh well

+1
You’re very active
You’re a friendly person and you seem to always be open to help people
You contribute to both Prison and WoolWars
This application was nicely written!

Best of luck!

2 Likes