SH1NYYbadge's Build Team Application

IGN and past IGN’s: SH1NYYbadge
**Timezone:**PDT
Discord username: SH1NYY#2886
How long have you played MunchyMC?: I’ve only been playing for a few days but I’ve known this server for quite some time now and would like to help out. I also play on InvadedLands but please give me a chance even though I haven’t been a part of this community for very long. I know my way around things and would love to help out.
Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects: https://imgur.com/a/sW7eGK5
These aren’t that recent but they’re my good ones.
Please tell us more about your FAVORITE and PROUDEST build: It’s the planet in the link. It took me weeks to do. It’s so detailed. There’s plants, trees, and even little cave systems that I may or may not have used TNT to help with. Also, just the fact that I could make something so large makes me happy.
How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other relevant plugins?: If there were 3 tiers, beginner, moderate, and like pro I guess I would be slightly above moderate.
Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc): For me, my strongest strength is detailing hands down. I’m also ok with structures but in this case, I’m gonna have to say that terraforming is a weakness.
What is your history of building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past? I haven’t worked for any servers yet. This the first server I am applying for but I feel like I have the ability to contribute something to the map. And well, I gotta start somewhere.
Describe yourself: My name is SH1NYYbadge/SH1NYY, or Aaron(IRL Name), Male, and I live in Los Angeles California. I play tennis, love to play video games, and I am super lively, nice, and social and if I get accepted in, I would be happy to start making the server look aesthetically more pleasing.

Your builds aren’t bad but there aren’t many. Please show us some more recent builds of yours. Take a peek at the accepted applications forum to see what we are looking for.

Thank you for the advice. This means it got denied tho right?

No, it’s still open until someone closes it (probably cheater). You’ll know if it gets accepted or denied.

This means that you have time to edit your application now!!! Add more builds!! Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Can I do it tmr tho? It’s really late. And when does the applications close?

Heya! For me it’ll be a -1, The only build that has the most detail in my opinion is the castle. Also you recently joined the server, There shouldn’t be much of a need to apply for builder so quickly. Get to know the community a little, and be more interactive with players. Despite what you said in the third question. Besides that goodluck !

1 Like

I appreciate the advice and understand your opinion. I usually don’t do large scale builds so I decided to go all out on the castle. Btw, the castle would be my favorite build but the planet took the cake because I did it all by hand. No World Edit or anything. Oh and, I’m really good at adding on to builds making it look more detailed and stuff not actually building something but if I have enough time I can make it decent

Also not to bother, but that “planet” you built by “hand” looks something very similar to when you would do .//sphere with world edit but that’s just me.

I agree. I actually made that before I knew world edit was a thing so yea. But the thing is, I just made a regular sphere design in Minecraft and made it massive so no world edit. Trust me on that.

Your structuring is good, but your detailing is a little wack. The patterns don’t really match well.

Uh, I’m confused by that. Can u explain more please?

The detailing is overdetailed a bit on the first one (and too many block types). I’ll link a classic Grian video which says more into this, but when you use too many blocks it looks a little hectic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUzggMjVze8 (At 7:01) You’re isn’t near as bad as his example, but that’s what I see wrong.

Oh ok. Thank you

I added screenshots of 2 more of my builds, do I need more?

A large variety of builds isn’t required, though it definitely gives us more information about how you build. Just keep adding some until you think it’s enough!

2 Likes

The more the better. But it’s up to you

1 Like

Hey so when do I hear my results? It’s been a few days since I posted this application. Am I in?

It will most likely be a few more days to maybe a week.

1 Like

Oh. I didn’t know. Thank you tho

Um, it’s been almost 2 weeks. What’s taking so long? I’m not trying to be pushy but Im just wondering