Serpp's Staff Application - #2 (August 2020)

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes. I first joined the server on the 28th of March, 2020.

Here is a screenshot of my MunchyMC profile:

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes. I use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). I can upload any reports in 1080p and 60 fps.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:

Yes. I have TeamSpeak 3 installed, and I use it almost daily.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOUā€™VE ANSWERED ā€˜YESā€™ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: Serpp - My profile

Timezone: Central European Summer Time (GMT+2)

Languages Spoken:

Dutch ā€“ Fluently

English ā€“ Fluently

German ā€“ Semi-fluently (I can understand everything someone else says, and I can speak the language decently well).

French ā€“ Semi-fluently (I can understand everything someone else says, but I canā€™t fluently speak the language).

How active can you be per week?

As school schedules change from time to time, I could never think of an exact schedule for when I could be online. However, this would be an average of when I could be online, every week:

All times are in Central European Time

Monday ā€“ Friday: 3PM ā€“ 12AM

Saturday and Sunday: 10AM ā€“ 12AM

During vacations, I should be able to be online all day, except if Iā€™m on holiday, of course.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?

As stated in the first question of the prerequisite checklist, I first joined the server on the 28th of March, 2020. Back then, Iā€™ve always wanted to join a server to actively play Survival on. I had no connections on MunchyMC.

My first impression of the server was that the players talking in chat were very positive about everything. I rarely saw any arguments in chat, or a staff member warning a player. This was one of the main reasons why I wanted to stay. Everyone was talkative and open towards other players. After a couple weeks I decided to talk a lot more in chat, to get to know people. I participated in my first build competition event with 4 people (who are now some of my best friends on the server). The amazing communication between players in chat and on Discord made me stay.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:

I have been auto-muted twice before, for 5 minutes, for sending too many messages in a party chat. Although these punishments arenā€™t as severe, I still learned from my actions, and never spam anymore. I have never been punished by a staff member.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

I do have moderating experience, but it wasnā€™t on a Minecraft server. About a year ago, I owned a relatively big Discord server with over 3500 members. The server was about gaming. It was a very busy, but fun experience that has taught me how to perform under pressure and create a community with a positive energy. After having owned the server for nearly 6 months, I know how to deal with situations as a moderator in an adequate way. I have learned what actions a person could do that would be fine, and what would be crossing the line of maturity.

Do you have any anticheat experience?

I do not have any experience with anticheat. However, before writing this application, Iā€™ve done a lot of research on anticheat. I know the different ways of how an anticheat plugin could work, and sends notifications.

Although Ares is a custom made anticheat system, I would be able to learn how to work with it pretty quickly.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

I have recorded and reported a total of 27 players. I uploaded these reports on 2 different channels.

Links to the 2 report channels:

ā€™Serppā€™ (Old channel):

Serpp

ā€™Serppā€™s MunchyMC reports (New channel):

Serppā€™s MunchyMC reports

I have made two playlists of all reports that Iā€™ve submitted. The first playlist will be all Survival reports that Iā€™ve uploaded, and the second one will be all Purgatory reports that Iā€™ve uploaded.

Here are the links to the playlists:

Survival reports playlist

Purgatory reports playlist

All these reports have been dealt with by staff members.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?

I have contributed a lot of positivity to the MunchyMC Survival community. A small example is that I host events and give away prizes to satisfy the community. I know when itā€™s the right moment to joke around about something, and when to get serious. I help out players a lot by either answering their questions in chat, or teleporting to them to help with something else. I always try my best to help players that are in need of help. Whenever players are breaking the rules, I tell them that theyā€™re breaking a rule, and that they should stop.

I talk to a lot of people in chat and on Discord to make them feel welcome and comfortable in the community.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?

I am a very open person who always tries to make the best out of everything. I will always be trying my very best to learn from my mistakes, as Iā€™m a fast, and passionate learner. I will continue helping the server out by communicating well, while taking my job to make the server a safer place very serious. I will pick up the use of commands and the anticheat plugin as fast as possible, and with that knowledge, I will help new staff members with understanding how they work. While learning all these new moderating commands, I will be as close and helpful to the community as possible. I will always be open for any questions, feedback or other comments.

How do you work when in a team?

I work really well in a team. I love to complete tasks together with other people, because I can learn from how they handle in a certain situation, and I can expand my communicative capabilities. I am really talkative and open to any feedback anyone would give me, as this would help me improve my job to moderate the server.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?

I have applied once before on the 4th of May, 2020.

Link to the application:

First application (4th of May, 2020)

I did not get a reason on why my application was denied, but it was very obvious. I wasnā€™t very known in the community, and I hadnā€™t contributed a lot to MunchyMC back then. My application also had a lack of detail. I have improved a lot since then. I started getting to know a lot of people, and the community started to get to know me better. I decided to expand my input in the community by helping people out in chat. A few months later, I had made a lot of good friends, and I improved my appearance in the community.

Thanks for reading my application!

~Serpp

Edit 1: Some fixed spelling.
Edit 2: Fixed issues regarding YouTube channels.
Edit 3 & 4: Fixed spelling.

19 Likes

OMG POG +1 OMG POG

YESS AMAZING VERY GOOD POG i love it

edit: k i read it now.

2 Likes

+1

Serpp is a dedicated, kind player who I believe would excel in a role like this! Heā€™s a great part of the community and this application is very thorough! Best of luck serppy werppy <3

2 Likes

+1
Serpp is friendly and helpfull
Good luck Serpp!

2 Likes

mm yes

2 Likes

+1
very well made and detailed!
very very funny and nice person!

i wish you best of luck Serpy Werpy!! :smiley:

2 Likes

very good application +1 from me and if u are not accepted i will burn down the hub
also @EvilPriowoner132 lmao u didnā€™t even edit ur post

1 Like

+1 for a great application. From what I know, you are a very kind person.

1 Like

but why did u quit as owner on the discord :angry:

1 Like

yes i did

1 Like

Beautiful 10/10!
The ā€˜I know when to get seriousā€™ line is overused but when you use it itā€™s sexy and cool.
50%

1 Like

11/10 great job Serpp!!
Very active and very kind!
You definitely deserve this!
+1 from me!!!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the responses! I appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG the best little sunshine ever +1 :smiley:

1 Like

Activity: Serpp is a really active player. +0.3

Involvement in the community: Serpp has been involved a lot in the community. Not only on the Munchy server itself but also on the discord (I have no idea about his activity regarding ts) +0.3

Experience: This is imo your biggest weakness, you have not that much experience with being a moderator on a minecraft server. However, you do have some experience with individually moderating and knowing you, if you really go for it you can learn the basics very quickly. +0.1

The application: The application is really well written, I have nothing bad to say about this! +0.1

I really hope you get accepted!

-Arne

2 Likes

+1, +1, and +1

ā€¦Which is +3 :grinning:
Good luck!

1 Like

+0.9 You misspelled a word.

1 Like

Hi there!
Giving a 0.9 just because he misspelled a word isnā€™t a valid reason. People gives scores based off activity, maturity, involvement in the community,ā€¦ . The final score displays how suted you think this person is to be staff. And next time someone misspells a word, please just tell them what mistake they made instead of just commenting ā€œyou misspelled a wordā€.

Have a nice day!
-Arne

3 Likes

Good luck, Serpp! <3333
You really do fit a JMod role! :smiley:

1 Like

+1, would be a great mod!

-0.1, would need to be lil less toxic im kidding omg chill

2 Likes