Saladbutter's Staff Application - September 2020

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: I’ve been playing on and off since a week after Munchy opened, on June 25th, 2015.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: I can consistently record and upload videos in 1080p/60fps.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?: I’m very active in TS already, and I can fluently use both TS and Discord.

Application

IGN: saladbutter

Timezone: MTN (Arizona)

Languages spoken: English and slight Spanish

Server(s) you are interested in moderating: Prison

How active can you be per week? There’s many factors that can play into my activity and throw a schedule off so I’d prefer not to give one, such as work, school, and eventually sports. As of now, I typically work weekends and some weekdays, like Tuesday and Thursday. However, I’ve proven to be a very active and well-known player within the prison community and I’ve even branched out to kitpvp. Activity won’t be an issue though, as I’ve still got the time throughout the week to play regardless of these interruptions.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story: Unfortunately, I’ve got a history for being punished for immature decisions. Map 4, I would get muted quite frequently. Recently, my only actual punishments were about 2 weeks ago I believe, and speaking on my behalf, I regret them. It was two punishments for the same reason, and if anyone would like to know, my dm’s are open and I’ll speak about it with whoever. However, I’ve never been banned or temp banned, excluding punishments by friends as a joke. I believe I’ve shown that I can shape up to fit any role though, and my past event applications prove it. Although I’ve never been accepted for the role, the denial reasons have either been inactivity or a predicament in real life that limited my abilities for the role, thus being denied.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application: I’ve never applied for staff on Munchy, though I have recognized and taken the steps necessary to prepare myself for this position. I’m quick to put a filter on myself, and I’m easily able to think about my decisions before acting upon them.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community? Prison, as most of you know, has a very toxic community and the server itself is related with the bad reputation of toxicity. Personally, I believe my reputation within the community, although others may disagree, is quite good. I understand as a staff member, toxic and immature actions won’t be allowed, and I fully understand and accept that. The only reason it isn’t the best it can be, is because of prison break which is an event held in prison. Teams form, and people get upset because of being teamed on, or getting outplayed, forming grudges that others hold.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply? Truthfully, I’m interested in the role because prison is in desperate need of staff. I’m sure when the next map starts, there’ll be plenty of active staff, but in times right now where I’m moderately active, there’s only a few active staff, and the few active staff are becoming less and less active. There’s been times where I’ll witness someone abusing and can’t do anything about it because nobody else is online.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community? Of course every server is different, but being friends with a majority of the staff on prison and hearing them punish people, I’ve got a solid understanding. Speaking for prison, my knowledge is a strong nine. I don’t have any recent moderating experience, my last dating back to around 2018, but as a former moderator for about one year on BadBoyHalo’s discord, which has ~54,000 members, I can confidently say that I can handle and moderate a community without any hiccups. The only reason that excludes that one missing point to make a full ten is recent inexperience.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters? Prison rarely gets any cheaters whatsoever, but I’ve noticed that a majority of cheaters use cheats like tracers or x-ray, and some abuse unfair advantages outside of Minecraft like macros or scripting. I can easily detect cheats such as kill aura and noticeable reach, while also being able to tell the difference between a skilled player and one who’s cheating. I’d give myself a seven out of ten, thus being because I haven’t gotten any real Minecraft moderating experience in quite some time.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
Unfortunately, I haven’t got many. On my old computer, my OBS recordings would be inconsistently laggy and although my frames were okay, the recordings wouldn’t turn out the best. However, as of within the past week or so, I’ve recently gotten a new PC that can record and upload smooth videos. I can give examples of hackers, yet with glitchy recordings here:

I accept all criticism, negative or positive, and will make sure to satisfy anyone’s complaints, regardless of how its given.

24 Likes

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

+1 this man is very active, mature, experienced and liked by 99% of the community
has basically been event rank before so huge + on that

good luck!

3 Likes

+1

really nice
old player
give him the rank

2 Likes

+1 because it’s saladbutter :pleading_face:

3 Likes

+1 Active Member

2 Likes

+1 every time I have been on prison he was on there so I assume he is active

2 Likes

Saladbutter… Saladbutter… Saladbutter…,

Where do I even begin. Saladbutter is by far the greatest and most amazing player I’ve ever met on this game. It’s almost like a disney love story with saladbutter it was love at first sight. We were in the MunchyMC Wool Wars Lobby and our eyes locked on to one anoher it was a feeling I never really felt before. Xiistaf flew in from the sky and introduced us to one another and instantly we started holdingn hands alongside Xiistaf. Everywhere we went hands attached Saladbutter helped anyone and everyone who he crossed. It was almost like Jesus was holding my hands and I was watching him spread the word and it was amazing. I took a glance to my left and saw Kami in the distance eyes tearing up just by the sighht of Saladbutter. Kami ran, he ran so fast to the point where he fell over but with no hesitation got back up and ran over to the almighty Saladbutter. He asked for his ways and how to preach peace love and happiness to the MunchyMC community. Salad responded with extrordinarily wise words in January 2019 and later that month Kami got J-Mod on the MunchyMC Prison server because of the assistance of the almighty Salad. And all of the sudden lightning, yes lightning I tell you strikes down from the heavens on the ground and god oh mighty let me tell you. The lightning struck down coming straight for me and Salad just lifted his hands to the sky and the lightning deflected off his hands. And then all of the sudden the Australian Dynamic Duo of Ava and Dxlicaterose came arms linked ready to attack saladbutter, Xiistaf, and Kami. No worries though, Salad simply just lifted his fists to the sky and slashed down and he brought piece upon the dynamic duo. I thought it was all a dream but it was reality and all of the sudden Salad single handidly lifts Xiistaf, Kami, and I and runs. Runs so fast to the point where I thought he was the flash thousands of miles per hour to where he goes back in time. We went back in time and watched everyones first interactions with one another and it was incredible. Incredible I tell you we got to see everything and all of our ancestors in the past as well. Because of the way I look I couldnt go that far in the past or I’ll end up getting beaten so I hid in saladbutter’s shirt undernearth his massive musscles. But no fears though, saladbutter is like a disney princess to where when he stretches out his arms birds come singing and animals just latch on him like a magnet. Saladbutter, oh saladbutter whenever I’m in trouble he runs straight to my rescue and anyones for that matter who needs the help.

Saladbutter such an amazing person with an awesome taste of fashion. Saladbutter, assists everyone who is in need and is a fantastic person. One time there was a monkey stuck in the tree and couldnt get down so saladbutter the manly man he is baited him down with a banana and slowly but surely the monkey came down. That monkey ended up being timidly and they later became amazing amazing friends and it was an incredible sight. Nowadays, salad is in his elder age and is living in his summer home by the sea where he practices yoga every night and has become a master at it. But, whenever someone needs help Saladbutter the elder is the first person to help them in their journey of life, what a guy. I hope my kids end up being a fraction of what saladbutter has been to everyone he’s every crossed because he is just an amazing person. Along side Xiistaf, we traveled the 7 seas to get to Salad’s house where we had a reunion with Kami as well it was amazing. Salad gave us so many tips and tricks on how to be better people that our lvies were changed forever.

+1

22 Likes

oh my

4 Likes

+10^100
Kills me in prison break, which is really mean :<

2 Likes

sniff Beautiful

2 Likes

I Love You

3 Likes

+1

Salad seems really chill and has a great application! Would love to see what you could do if accepted and how you’d make a positive impact on the community.

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1 -faris

3 Likes

+1 deserves it ngl

2 Likes

+1 can bale hay

2 Likes

+1 super nice and chill during the few times ive talked to him

2 Likes

I can see great effort into this application. You answered each question very well. You also seem to be very popular with the MunchyMC community, which is great!

+1

2 Likes

+1
good detail and depth in the questions, good candidate for staff!

2 Likes