IGN and past IGN’s:
My current IGN is Remix11
My only past IGN (as far as I can remember) was Oalie123

Timezone:
My timezone is EST (UTC -5)

Discord username:
Remix11

How long have you played MunchyMC?:

I don’t really know the exact time I’ve been playing MunchyMc, but I would say almost a month (although I can’t say for sure).

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects:
You can find my most recent builds HERE
EDIT: I’ve uploaded a few more builds to my album, maybe some of you would like to take a look!

Please tell us more about your FAVORITE and PROUDEST build:

My absolute FAVORITE build is my huge medieval village that I made about a year ago. I love how the farmland contrasts so well with the colors of the houses. I love how it looks so bright and vibrant with even the most basic color palette. This is definitely my most treasured build and most certainly my favorite.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other relevant plugins?:

I am highly experienced with World Edit, I have used it in many of my builds. I don’t have as much experience in Voxel, but I have a basic knowledge of the plugin and its uses/commands. I also know how to use WorldPaint, for creating things such as mountains are landscapes. I’m not sure if the build team uses this plugin, but if they do, then I would be a person that could use it to some effect.

Edit: Since I wrote this application, I have been messing around with Voxel a bunch to try to get a better grasp on it. Even though I don’t know it in and out like I do WorldEdit, I think I have a better understanding of it than I did before.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.):

My strong point in building has always been structures. To narrow it down a little further, I feel I am especially skilled in building man - made structures such as houses, castles, bridges, vehicles, or anything else that seems interesting. I love building structures because I never get bored of it. There are so many things you can do to make your own build unique. I will never cease to be amazed at the number of different ways you can make a roof. I love texturing and detailing my builds (beware, I sometimes go over the top on my detailing). All in all, I just love the feeling of accomplishment that I get when one of my builds is finally finished.
For me, my weakness in building has always been terraforming. Whenever I work on maps or minigames, I am always struggling to get a sense of the terrain around the build, and what it might take to make it look better. I think the reason for my incompetence in terraforming is because the few times I’ve tried to terraform, I haven’t really had a fun time doing it. I know when you are done it can look really nice, but I have always preferred building structures to mountains or landscapes.

What is your history of building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?

I started building about 4 years ago when my brother and I started to work on a PVP server. I was tasked with building a Kit - PVP map, of which I themed multiple biomes (for instance, in the nether section, I created a nether castle with bridges leading off of it with steps to climb it). I have never worked for any other build teams/servers, probably because I have always been a solo builder and never thought about joining a build team until now.

Describe yourself:

I’m a guy who loves interacting with people through things that I love (in this case building). I am always willing to accept advice and develop my skills to become a better builder. I would consider myself an introvert, but people have often told me I have a “wry sense of humor” (although I tend to disagree with them on that). I am always looking to have a good time with people and help them out when they need it.

I am not expecting my application to be accepted, considering I have never written a build team application before. However, I would still like to thank the admin who took some time out of their day to read this entire application.

Best,
Remix11
2 Likes

Hey, I liked you’re application. One thing you could do Is bold the questions. Example

Describe yourself

Other than that +1

~ Q

3 Likes

even though there are many different builds to look at here, I would say they all lack scale. your buildings are pretty small and under detailed in my opinion, the concept is great and you’re creative but you should work on detailing, roofs and shape IMO. +0.25

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!
I’ll try to improve in that area.

2 Likes

+1 Great builds and a good application.

2 Likes

I really like how you go for different themes and don’t stick with one theme, like how you did a modern house and then a medieval house.

Something you should work on is your roofs for your smaller builds. You can make nice shapes with slabs like you did with the build titled ’ Guard Tower '. Also, try working with roofs that are similar to those in your expanded villager picture. Your other roofs are either flat or just stairs that go to meet each other. I wanna see more variety in that area.
You have a nice variety in block usage, I like that.
Overall your builds are nice, however I’d like to see if there are any really big projects you’ve done, like the villager… village? ( Just a personal thing I wanna see youdonthavetoifyoudontwanna )
Soooo +.8

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!
I’ll definitely try to improve there!

1 Like

+1
-Great builds
-Seems mature and friendly

Best of luck
-rainfalls

3 Likes

Thanks guys for the nice feedback, definitely wasn’t expecting it.
:smile:

1 Like

+1 I feel like you’d be a great fit for the builder role, Your builds are really good! And you’re nice!

3 Likes

I try my best to be nice man, people need it.

3 Likes

+1 Great builds and seems friendly. Good Luck!

2 Likes

I actually do have a large project (the village) I have posted some other angles of the build.

2 Likes

Thanks!

My new hub is finished!

1 Like

+1 Your builds are very nice, I think you would make a great fit for the build team! Good luck!

1 Like

Withdrawn by applicant.