Recent Survival Talk

Recently as you can all see on recent forums post there has been a lot of talk about a survival reset. I have noticed that numbers for survival including lots of normally really active players has dramatically dropped. I would really like for staff to start making a plan and if there already is one to make it public Please and thank you. I have lost a ton of inspiration to play on survival recently because I don’t want to continue furthering my builds and then have them erased. I’d like to know when we as a community we will know when a reset/expansion/update is expected. I think due to a decent amount of talks and polls (Thanks Intrepid <3 ) and other things that a plan is long over due to the public.

Side rant: a section of my build was griefed and although it was already handled I learned that JMOD’s do not have access to core inspect to see who was the person to grief. I think due to the lack of Mods/Admins on survival that JMods need an upgrade themselves.

Thanks and please feel free to leave constructive critizism below as well as thoughts about this. I mainly made this post for the higher ups to give us a plan but if you want to see one too then be my guest and tell them what you are thinking!!!

2 Likes

Restarting survival would be great in some aspects, but I think overall it would piss a lot of people off and drive some of the loyal people on the server away. I agree with you somewhat, I am also getting bored. On the contrary, people like ZoeytheGreat have built huge things that they have even yet to finish. Resetting would drive those people away and they will not want to come back. Overall, I am neutrally optimistic to the idea of a reset. I personally would still play, but you can’t say the same about some of the others on the server, and because of that, I think it would be better for the server as a whole if we decide to refrain from resetting.

1 Like

well i hope maybe we can finish this talk now because i think the community is even with there thoughts.

My IDea: For the upgrade to 1.14 we expand the claim again, but this time for 4k so we have 12k x12k or 24k in total, ik its a lot but you have to suggest people like me doing world maps and explording everything they can. So most people would be building again and have more interrest in doing more things, but a reset HAS to come in the FUTURE. So let me explain what i would suggest for the JMods and higher ups:

1. Reset or Expansion:

So i make it short. after thinking about it, making a border expansion helps people to keep building and doing more stuff. The interaction is decent and people do some things together death star and making some game ideas for the server.
For the reset itself, i have an idea that is down below.

1. Admins, JMod and Staff

Its obvious that we have a big problem in survival that prison and kitpvp doesnt have: An Admin that is active in charge of survival. The Result is what happend back at 1.13 and again with 1.14, the fear of the possible reset. I think as People that love democracy we could maybe do a Vote about how should be the one that is responsible in charge of survival. Maybe it could also be a group / clan that has shown a lot of positiv response to the community and is well known.
-As suggestion what i would recommend: A seperatet Rank that has only a visuell effect to let people know “Hey Im/we are in charge of survival, if you have any suggestions im happy to hear them”. this could maybe lead to more transparency between Staff and Players-

1. ++, Commands and Events

LEt us be honest, survival has a big problem when it comes to the events. The Wither isnt even something that veterean players even call a challange, while new players getting huntet to hell and back. While people made plenty ideas of possible gamemodes, nothing got really implementet from staff side. So people from Survival itself take over and did something, best Person to call here is @IntrepidBookworm how made the Bumper Boat and the Flint n Steal Arena. People literally went crazy for these things, i was at the first turnement and i can tell you guys, i never saw so much people in survival in one place without bbh. So Thanks again IB, you are AWESOME!

Somethign that also was postet a lot as suggestion was to give ++ people the ability to host events like Legends on kitpvp. This could make some spicy survival things like adventure maps, jump and runs, dropper and much more. The End is only the People imagination if they have acces to it, maybe we can make some crossover to smash (maybe it gets used then xD )

Something that i want to mention is that i dont know every command of ++, but i dont even know if we have a full list of everything that ++ can do (srsly i think its to much for the shop describtion to add^^)

1. Player Base

What i was able to see over the last 2-4 weeks was quite interressting. Stayed of the server because of the lacking motivation of the possible Reset. Sentence like " If the Map resets i Quit", “i dont want to lose my buildings”, “i dont want to lose my stats” came across the rooms that was acctualy poinet at me too.
The following maybe sounds stupid to you, but im actually used to be on servers that resets at a huge update like 1.14. They also had for that flat world with claims like 20x20? that would never be okay when i see what crazy people like Zoey are building ( dont get it wrong im honoring you, just really bad at writing it) then i always be happy to play on multiplayer and see other peoples work. I would be sad if those people leave, but saying “if you gonna reste i quit” is the wrong way that will never get us to anywhere.

So i hope for the sake of my brain that it was the last discussion then about the reset. I really care about survival and love this community at a point that i want to make both sides statisfied. i sometimes cant sleep because im thinking about solutions for you^^" Anyway i hope you guys like my suggestions, would make me really happy if so. Im going to bed now, see ya later you carrots <3

3 Likes

I didn’t read much of it, D3Itakun, but I got inspired by your Reset or Expansion:

1. The building map expands in it’s current world generator, but the farming world should use 1.14 world generation instead of that custom thing and change it’s seed each reset.
  2. Implementation of claim decay: Players have to be at least 50 hours on the survival server online for their claim not decay after 30 days of inactivity.
  3. Achieving the world for a reset is also an option, people can either download that world in it’s full size or view it in spectator mode in another multiworld-world.
2 Likes