Prison map 7 Mythicals and outside state

Prison map 7 has been outside for a few months now and mythicals were added 1-2 weeks after the map release. It’s been about 3 months since then and still not all mythicals which were added 3 months ago have been found. The ones that have aren’t ever used and are as good as non-existent since literally nobody who owns one uses it, including myself.
“That’s your own fault for not using it” - I completely agree but don’t blame me for not wanting to instantly lose an item that took months to obtain just by stepping foot outside. I was informed all pvp mythicals now give 15% more protection than ultras (0,5hp less damage sometimes), which is a step in the right direction. I’m thankful for admins listening to my suggestion, but it makes little to no difference regarding taking pvp mythicals outside. You still take an immense amount of damage (2.5 hearts per hit with str 2 mafia sword), will get targeted every time you step foot outside and will be as good as dead if u run into a team of 3+ or get caught inside of a house (unless you’re using invis cloak). As of right now nobody is using ANY of the mythicals that have been found so they’re about as good as dirt u get from crates. Sure Voldemort skull is the fastest armor piece outside, but if you bring it outside people will easily catch you with Rudolph dust and snape eyes and just crit you out with their teammates. Nobody besides large looting/pvp teams of 20 will ever bring mythicals outside if they remain in their current state which is really sad considering how good of an invention both invis cloak and Voldemort skull were. 95% of the community will never even get a glimpse of how brilliant the items’ abilities are because they will never ever be taken outside considering they are TOO EASY to lose for how DUCKING RARE they are. The admins informed me their protection will not be increased any more than what it is right now and even though I agree that all rare items should have the same level of protection I don’t agree that THE RAREST ITEMS IN THE GAME should also be the most useless and powerless items outside (cant speak of mining mythicals because NONE have been found yet, in these 3 MONTHS THAT HAVE PASSED).

I’m not trying to put down the map or the developers and admins who have worked extremely hard on creating, balancing and regularly updating it, I’m just trying to show everyone that as of right now the outside is ruined because of the lack of mobility and level of ease with which large teams can dominate the outside, not even the RAREST items in the game can come close to stopping them (just to clarify not saying a vold skull or invis cloak should be able to take down a team of 5 or anything but if nothing at least have higher chance at surviving against them than if the person wearing the mythical was in ultra gear).

The inside of the map and mining aspect are terrific. There are so many new, brilliant mining items which for the most part are balanced out compared to last map it’s amazing to even think about. Same goes for items outside, the effort put into them is visible and their abilities certainly are unique, the only sad part is that most people will never get to experience actually using good outside items and i’m not even talking about only mythicals. I’d say some of the most creative items are invisibility cloak, Voldemort skull, resurrection stone (all mythicals found so far), santa sack, dementor gear, Sirius black pick, Dumbledore helmets (UL and ultra), all wands and many more.

This map has been amazing because of RedVelvetCake and Varmetek and all of the hard work they have put into it, I’m just sad to see the outside being put down so much because outside items have so much potential that will never be used because players have such great fears of losing their rare items, with good reason too. If you can try to make a change I would greatly appreciate it and I believe the community would as well and all though I can’t think of any change that would fit both the community’s and the admins’ wishes, I’m making this post in hopes that someone replying to it might.

~ 2086

4 Likes

I will commend you for giving props to this Map and what Varmetek and RedVelvetCake have done with it. Most balanced map I’ve seen. Though it may not be the most fun map item-wise because of the lack of movement items (which was intentional), it definitely makes up for that in it’s clear ability to outlast other maps simply due to it’s balancing.

Regarding the Voldemort Skull:
You’re complaining about the items while simultaneously saying that they’re good. Not really understanding how having 15% more protection is useless outside? You’re saying the strongest sword (Gryffindor Sword) does a max of 2.5-3 hearts with Strength 2 and you’re complaining that you’re at risk of dying? The item shouldn’t be able to one shot (clearly) and shouldn’t be able to tank 5 people like it has in the past. I feel the protection on it at its current state is fine. Maybe if you actually used it and played more carefully, it would be more of use. Or you know, just buy peace passes and not have to worry about anyone killing you.

3 Likes

I never said the items are bad, I said the circumstances are. Mafia sword deals 2.5-3 hearts per hit, haven’t tested Gryffindor sword + spiked hash.
The protection is fine, but the circumstances aren’t. If you go outside you are bound to be targeted by a large team sooner or later and if they come near u and know what they’re doing u will definitely die with it. There’s no arguing to it, this is the way it is and this is the way it will be if things don’t change. I can’t play carefully because I physically can not escape Rudolph dust + snape eyes and am not even going to attempt escaping it seeing that it’s a stupid and reckless idea.

First if all, very well written post 2086,

As I only have used the invisibility cloak (yes I have actually had the balls to loot with it) I can only share my opinion about this item.

Currently the invis cloak is not worth taking out because the fact that you are so vulnerable. As 20 has stated, currently if with the low amount of mobility and majority of players going out in groups with ultra killing sets I would rather not take the chance to lose one of the most RAREST items in the game currently, to me being crit out by 6 people tracking me down.

But Shrek, the invis cloak makes you untrackable, yes my friend, it does when you are unsneaked, but everyone shifts to loot chests efficiently and quickly. If you try this with the cloak you will lose the immunity to trackers. Making using a jammer simply better than a mythical.

Another big thing that is stopping me from using this item, is for example, if you pair this with for the best outside looting boots, the Vold boots, they will see your speed particles although you are supposed to be completely hidden, including particles when sneaking. There are a few other issues that I have discovered playing around with the chestplate too that are annoying for looters like me.

I know how much work Red and Varm have put into this map and the items (and much credits to then) but I am sorry to say that the MYTHICAL item made for Looting is currently in my opinion not good enough. I would rather take my looting set out with a newt body. And this is why 2086 is right, nobody uses the mythicals outside, it’s high risk, low reward.

Once again this is just my opinion and perspective on the mythical I have acces to.

Kind regards,
Shrek

1 Like

It’s ~1/400k what do you expect

What if some mythicals get deranked to legendary?
Would the high risk low reward a bit less risky?

The Mythicals as of now are not legendary-worthy, they’re sorta in between. More powerful then leggies but not as powerful then a Mythical should be.

1 Like

The Mythicals as of now are not legendary-worthy, they’re sorta in between. More powerful then leggies but not as powerful then a Mythical should be.

I can agree. There does need to be more incentive to bring such rare items outside. Only four Mythicals found in three months even after increasing the chances to find one deserves a buff to all of them (maybe not directly increasing protection or something, but rather other abilities). I’d rather not progress down the path of increasing the chances for mythicals because then they wouldn’t be mythical tier.

What about a Legendary, that works like invis cloak, except it doesn’t make invisible so the invis pots have to be carried instead?

:poop:

the staff are so biased bro
space gang has all mythicals and uses their correct abilities.
varmetek then debuffs it because the “protection is too high”
four weeks later redvelvetcake drop parties all of space gangs items with no proof what so ever
two weeks later varmetek buffs invis cloak AND vold skull

hmm :thinking::thinking:

sits around a low burning campfire, adjusting his tinfoil hat as he uses an app on his phone to scan the air for government mind-contol radons

“They’re everywhere you guys, everywhere”

In all seriousness, no it was originally intended to be the same protection as all other rares and appeared that way during testing. Tysium and Caspar were able to keep a lock on thag it wasn’t and prevent it from being nerfed because they were the only ones who had the items, only when they lost them were we made aware that they were insanely strong.

All rares are intended to grant the same level of protection unless that rare specifically gives more, like was intended for Medusa Mask in map 6. We buffed it’s now a little bit to give them a slight edge but if the items are not strong enough we will be buffing the ABILITIES, not the protection. The Vold Skull and Res Stone in my opinion have amazing abilities (Res Stone you survive first death and 50\50 chance to survive every death after until you come back inside then it resets, and Vold Skull gets speed 25 when shifted, nobody can eat god apples in a 3 block radius of you, you can right click to tp on top of someone in a 10 block radius and give them a second of blindness, and it’s more difficult to hit or keep track of you since you appear as a floating skull) the invis cloak is tougher because we don’t want OP rares that completely cheat death like Sith Cloak did, that item currently lets you tp through walls and be perm invis potion effect and perm jammed when unshifted outside and then completely invisible when shifted.

No items are buffed because we favor who has the items or vice versa, when I see a need for a buff I evaluate whether it’s really necessary and then sometimes choose to buff it. The “nerf” of the protection was a fix.

5 Likes

we had an item that made you completely invisible and untrackable last map as a legendary…

I’m going outside with lots of invis pots, so a rare, that makes me untrackable without actually having to hold it would really help me. xD
But it’s not like anyone is trying to hunt me down anyway.

Red I never said their abilities aren’t amazing, I’m just saying I’m sad to see so many creative ideas built into certain items go to waste because no one will ever properly use those items. Whoever has vold skull/invis cloak is guaranteed to be targeted outside and coincidentally vold skull’s greatest weakness is protection/teams. There’s no way to continuously escape a team of 5 chasing u and eventually you will die unless u carry a million peace passes, it’s just not worth taking outside and in my opinion if you can’t take it outside it doesn’t really have any use.

Like I said I don’t know how else this problem can be fixed besides buffing its protection? Maybe add an ability to the radius thing so that not only people in that radius can’t gapple but u gain as much resistance/protection as many people there are near u within that radius? Besides that I have no other clue on what to do with the item so I really can’t do anything else other than “complain” about it being impossible to use outside.

maybe a cool idea is every person near you adds a res 2 buff and they stack for example if 1 person is near you, you get perm res 2, 2 people, perm res 4 and on and on until it stacks to res 20 (10 enemies in a 20 block raidus).

Edit: A negative to that buff could be every gang member near you minuses a res for example if there was a team fight between a gang of 8 and another gang of 8 and one of the gangs had vold skull the person with vold skull could get res 8 instead of res 16.

sorry if it was confusing.

ah yes the pesky peace pass, those really do need to be removed dont they?

This is the same thing as increasing the protection, possibly worse. Resistance decreases damage taken by 20% per level. Res 4? C’mon. I think the abilities need buffs to make it harder to die with the skull. Specifically making it so that the Mythical items used primarily outside have a larger advantage when facing multiple people at a time (i.e. +1 weakness to nearby enemies (2 or more), additional speed when shifting (3 or more enemies), +1 resistance (4 or more enemies), etc. etc.). Just needs tweaking to hit that sweet spot on viability.

1 Like

hey ho it doesn’t matter now because 2086 lost his skull lol!