[POLL] 1.7 or 1.8?

Poll time. 1.7 or 1.8. The Update that Changed the World or the Bountiful Update. Two major updates, with different additions. 1.7, with 11 new biomes (31 if including technical biomes) and 2 new wood types, and 1.8 with the now commonplace additions: new stone, prismarine, mutton, the Alex skin, and Spectator mode. And yes, I looked most of this information up on the Minecraft wiki.

The poll time will be a week, for which it will end next Saturday, or September 11th.

1.7 or 1.8
  • 1.7 (The Update that Changed the World)
  • 1.8 (Bountiful Update)

0 voters

Regardless, I actually think something like this is a interesting question. Necessarily, I am not asking about solely for PVP. What update do you think was the best in terms of additions? Personally, I think both individually are quite great, but if I were to choose the best, 1.8 would most likely be my choice. With the additions of most commonplace features, such as the new layer for skins; and the addition of the default skin Alex with slime blocks, the three stooges of stone: granite, andesite, and diorite, and ocean monuments as well, it feels more memorable in my opinion then 1.7 with the removal of roses, and the new terrain generation. However, I’d like to your guys opinion on the topic! I’d appreciate it if you’d commit to the effort. Despite that, have a good day, or I will eat a sentient female spider.

4 Likes

I remember 1.7 being very big. On a public village server(the community was way nicer back then and there was no fear of griefing) we all tried the new mesa biome and explored the new crafting recipes. Then again, I am the type of person who has to remind themself that birch wood is no longer a new addition. Good times.

5 Likes

1.7 is a curse for me. Never using it again

4 Likes

1.8 was one of the best versions imo, I play on it everyday for the PvP aspect

2 Likes

I remember how exciting seeing all the 1.8 changes were, specifically the guardian and the alex skin. To be fair, I think I started in 1.7ish

2 Likes